NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 372.54 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at NVIDIA send word that the brand new GeForce Game Ready 372.54 WHQL drivers are out now. According to the release notes, these drivers provide an optimal experience for No Man’s Sky, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Obduction, F1 2016, and the Open Beta for Paragon. Hit the link above for the new drivers and this link for release notes.

Games aside, they needed to do some things to make Win 10 AE work. let's hope so.

The driver is WDDM 2.1 (1607 update) as required for SM6, HDR10 etc.

I installed this on both of my NVIDIA machines (980 Ti system and Titan X Pascal system) and so far no issues.

I don't know what is going on, but as soon as I installed this driver I started getting these weird, very quick flashes of garbled nonsense across the screen at random intervals. Uninstalled and it seems fine now, but no clue what that is about.

I don't know what is going on, but as soon as I installed this driver I started getting these weird, very quick flashes of garbled nonsense across the screen at random intervals. Uninstalled and it seems fine now, but no clue what that is about.

Not to worry, just the driver demons making their presence known, they'll settle down eventually.

Not to worry, just the driver demons making their presence known, they'll settle down eventually.

Tried a reinstall with a full uninstall / DDU and still does it. Back to previous version I guess, never saw an issue like this before.

Someone elsewhere speculated that it has to do with when the GPU changes clock speeds.

EDIT: Windows Update version 369.09 works fine BTW.

Last edited:
My system froze up twice after installing these drivers, once playing Grim Dawn and another time just browsing the internet. I ended up reverted back to 368.81 and yes i have the anniversary update since it came out and had no problems prior to installing the 372 ones.

My gpu will not go to the proper idle speeds with these drivers. I swear its always something.

EDIT: Something running in Chrome was making it run at 607 instead of 139 which is odd...

EDIT 2: It seems overclocking got really screwed up for me though because as soon as I select +200 it will lock up a game within seconds. I was testing the same games I always have and before could run those at +225 for hours. I cant even run 2000 mhz now where as before could go over 2100.

Hell even +175 will lock up after 5 minutes of playing so these drivers are really fucking up my overclocking.

Last edited:
My gpu will not go to the proper idle speeds with these drivers. I swear its always something.

EDIT: Something running in Chrome was making it run at 607 instead of 139 which is odd...

EDIT 2: It seems overclocking got really screwed up for me though because as soon as I select +200 it will lock up a game within seconds. I was testing the same games I always have and before could run those at +225 for hours. I cant even run 2000 mhz now where as before could go over 2100.

Hell even +175 will lock up after 5 minutes of playing so these drivers are really fucking up my overclocking.

This is happening since Windows 10 Anniversary Update with both my AMD and Nvidia cards...

It reset my color from 10-bit to 8-bit on install. Anyone else?

Many similar reports over on reddit as well.

I tried installing twice and I keep getting those weird artifact lines flashing every once in awhile so...guess I am passing on these drivers.

For anyone else having similar issues to me, this might be a workaround. nVidia is apparently aware and working on a fix as well:

I'm using 369.09 and I'm having a lovely time. You guys should try it

I've had the same issue with the flickering when switching between windows and programs when I boot up my PC or wake it up from sleep mode. I have been able to fix this issue by switching my refresh rate to 120Hz and then I switch it back to 144Hz. I tried adjusting the Optimal Power and Adaptive Power settings in the nVidia control but but sadly that didn't help.

Back