Nvidia DLDSR

killroy67

[H]ard|Gawd
So has anyone tried Nvidia DLDSR, I just started to and it really makes newer and even older games look great. I used 2.25x DL 3840x2160 on COD World at War (the first one), HL2 EP2 and Battlefield 2042, even the older games it really looked good. I kind of wonder what's the point of getting a 4k monitor.

Last edited:
So has anyone tried Nvidia DSR, I just started to and it really makes newer and even older games look great. I used 2.25x DL 3840x2160 on COD World at War (the first one), HL2 EP2 and Battlefield 2042, even the older games it really looked good. I kind of wonder what's the point of getting a 4k monitor.
You never have seen one in action? Native 4k is so much better than even DSR'd 4k it's a joke. I've been native 4k since 2014 and prior to that I was on 2560x1600 from 2008 (and 115hz oc 2560x1440 on 2013 thru mid 2014).

I know what both look like and it isn't a comparison at the same size in inches. :) Wait until you try 4k DSR'd to 8k on older games :D. Next move for me is high refresh 4k with an Nvidia RTX 5090 in a couple of years (maybe sooner for the monitor... Let's see what shows up on the market, but I ideally want 240hz+).

Last edited:
You never have seen one in action? Native 4k is so much better than even DSR'd 4k it's a joke. I've been native 4k since 2014 and prior to that I was on 2560x1600 from 2008 (and 115hz oc 2560x1440 on 2013 thru mid 2014).

I know what both look like and it isn't a comparison at the same size in inches. :) Wait until you try 4k DSR'd to 8k on older games :D. Next move for me is high refresh 4k with an Nvidia RTX 5090 in a couple of years (maybe sooner for the monitor... Let's see what shows up on the market, but I ideally want 240hz+).
Im sorry I meant to say DLDSR, my bad.

My thoughts remain the same :). It looks better than lower native resolution, but not as good as the actual higher resolution.
I don't disagree, but for me it's a matter of spending $$$ on a new 4k monitor, or settling for DLDSR. Im not sure what I want to do.

Some games do not even give you the option of using it unless your desktop res is the same. Some examples would be God of War, Death Stranding and Uncharted. Also some games will not even recognize the non traditional resolution you get when using 1.78x. Also in a few games using it can cause some weird issues with others settings such as DLSS. And I have seen some games indicate they are running at the DSR/DLDSR res in the settings when in fact they are not.

Last edited:
I don't disagree, but for me it's a matter of spending $$$ on a new 4k monitor, or settling for DLDSR. Im not sure what I want to do.
You can get an ips 144hz 4k gigabyte monitor such as the m32u as cheaply as $650 occasionally (best price ever was 600). It's a good chunk of change, but especially if you also do productivity with the system 4k is great. As always, ymmv and your wallet may vary, of course. DLDSR is a decent compromise still, though not all games recognize it without some fiddling.

I've had good results with DLDSR. The main reason I use it is for brute-force Anti-Aliasing that is better than just about any in-game AA option. The only issue I've had with it is that there are times when GSync/Freesync doesn't want to work when using a DLDSR resolution. It works sometimes... so I know that DLDSR and GSync/Freesync can work together, but I can't figure out what is making it so inconsistent.

Back