Nvidia 980/970 Availability Thread

Placed order with TD on 25th, arriving on 29th. Not bad for a CA delivery from FL. well, supplier seems to be on PA according to the tracking data.

Placed order with TD on 25th, arriving on 29th. Not bad for a CA delivery from FL. well, supplier seems to be on PA according to the tracking data.
Did you order the Evga model? I ordered the same day and they shipped my card from TN to deliver it in IL. They said now they will ship my card to CA

Hopefuly Amazon gets some of the MSI 970GAMING in stock they have been out since the 22nd :eek:

I live in Japan, and wanted to get a GTX 980 here. They are massively overpriced here though, at around 75000yen (~$700 USD):
http://www.dospara.co.jp/5shopping/search.php?ft=gtx+980&sort=price+asc,sortno,score
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb...ナ&url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gtx+980

...so I bought an ASUS GTX 980 off of Newegg and am having it sent to my US Base address here in Japan.

I didn't notice that it is probably going to take 3+ weeks to get here though, since it is sent by the slowest service from USPS. Newegg charges $18 for shipping too... :/

Did you order the Evga model? I ordered the same day and they shipped my card from TN to deliver it in IL. They said now they will ship my card to CA

Yup, the reference evga model. Not the SC or any of that ACX crap. Hopefully will be up and running tomorrow after some rewiring.

The Micro Center local to me had 4 980s in stock on release day. I bought all 4 an hour after they opened that day. Four EVGA GTX 980 SC in 4-Way SLI.

Bought the eVGA 980 from TigerDirect on Friday the 26th, mid-afternoon. Still hasn't shipped :(

Even selected two-day shipping.

Bought the eVGA 980 from TigerDirect on Friday the 26th, mid-afternoon. Still hasn't shipped :(

If it was through a third party, it might be a while. Hopefully not though

Mine just got delivered to Tigerdirect. Now i'm waiting on them to ship it out to me..

Mine just got delivered to Tigerdirect. Now i'm waiting on them to ship it out to me..

Just called in and cancelled my order. The Rep on the phone admitted they were out of stock and he didn't know when they would be getting more. Their page showed as in stock for 4+ hours after I placed my order. Who knows how many others are in the same boat.

First and last time I'll be doing business with TigerDirect.

Looks like Directron is pulling a TigerDirect and selling inventory that they don't actually have in hand. I got the "it's on a truck being delivered to us either today, tomorrow or Thursday". Sounds like BS but I'll wait and see how this plays out. :rolleyes:

Looks like Directron is pulling a TigerDirect and selling inventory that they don't actually have in hand. I got the "it's on a truck being delivered to us either today, tomorrow or Thursday". Sounds like BS but I'll wait and see how this plays out. :rolleyes:
Yeah and you cant find out if you will get the 10% off until AFTER you place your order.

That's really disappointing to hear. Did you call them to get an update and that's when they told you? They called me yesterday to verify payment and said it should have gone out then. I checked my order status and it still says "Processing".

edit: I'll probably cancel my order with them tomorrow if they give me the same story. Newegg & Amazon have been sporadically getting more cards in stock this week so I'll probably just jump on one of those.

Last edited:
Yeah and you cant find out if you will get the 10% off until AFTER you place your order.

If they don't charge tax then that's already 10% off (or rather, no +10% to price if you happen to live in Cali like I do and get screwed on just about everything)

Either way I think I'm buying from them when the craze dies down and stock levels become more reliable.

My zotac 980 is still showing as processing as well. Hopefully it will go out today

If they don't charge tax then that's already 10% off (or rather, no +10% to price if you happen to live in Cali like I do and get screwed on just about everything)

Either way I think I'm buying from them when the craze dies down and stock levels become more reliable.

Promo for 10% ends October 5th

Yeah I saw that. I meant if they don't charge tax for CA residents then there's at least a "free" 10% avoided in terms of tax.

Just called in and cancelled my order. The Rep on the phone admitted they were out of stock and he didn't know when they would be getting more. Their page showed as in stock for 4+ hours after I placed my order. Who knows how many others are in the same boat.

First and last time I'll be doing business with TigerDirect.
That's disappointing. I'll give them a couple more days before I call in. I already did live chat but they only told me stuff I can see on my order status page.

personally if I order something in the early morning and payment has cleared I expect my purchase to ship THE SAME DAY. It's unacceptable that in 2014 we should tolerate 2+ day processing then shipping.

This is why I usually only but from Amazon or newegg even if it's not the best price. I want what I pay for shipped the same day.

The Microcenter in St. Louis Park Minnesota had 2 Gigabyte 970's in stock earlier today.

I get this when I try to add to cart

vsp6w6.jpg

My conversation with TD regarding my x2 order placed on 25th. Bah I wish newegg had them.....but they should be here soon. At least they have shipped I suppose.

TD CS: Hello and thanks for contacting us today, please hold on while I get that information for you.

TD CS: Thank you for waiting.

TD CS: This is the shipping address for this order:

TD CS:#####################, CA

ME: yes that is correct

TD CS: Upon checking the tracking number, the item is currently on it's way to our main warehouse coming from one of our drop-shipper/ supplier.

TD CS: A new tracking number will be provided once it ships out from our warehouse.

ME: but the ups tracker states it is going to Naperville Illinois

ME: is this normal?

TD CS: Yes, it is on it's way to our main warehouse in Naperville, Il. That tracking number is from our drop-shipper/ supplier going to us. You will receive another one from our warehouse.

It seems the policy is to get the orders and then ship as they come in. Supply & demand.

RIght now in Europe most of the cards in those shops that ship internationally are out of stock (apart those things like Palit) with delivery estimated on 1st week of October. You can get smaller shops selling some stuff, but I aint paying 40-50 euro more, to get the card nao.

wow wtf nowinstock messaged me for msi gtx 970 and it was literally gone in 3 min

I just ordered two MSI GTX 980s from Newegg.com I also have an open order from Directron. If Directron ships that 980 out I'll sell it here at the [H] for whatever I paid for it. No mark up! ;)

My conversation with TD regarding my x2 order placed on 25th. Bah I wish newegg had them.....but they should be here soon. At least they have shipped I suppose.

TD CS: Hello and thanks for contacting us today, please hold on while I get that information for you.

TD CS: Thank you for waiting.

TD CS: This is the shipping address for this order:

TD CS:#####################, CA

ME: yes that is correct

TD CS: Upon checking the tracking number, the item is currently on it's way to our main warehouse coming from one of our drop-shipper/ supplier.

TD CS: A new tracking number will be provided once it ships out from our warehouse.

ME: but the ups tracker states it is going to Naperville Illinois

ME: is this normal?

TD CS: Yes, it is on it's way to our main warehouse in Naperville, Il. That tracking number is from our drop-shipper/ supplier going to us. You will receive another one from our warehouse.

It seems the policy is to get the orders and then ship as they come in. Supply & demand.

This is bs imho. When you order from Newegg and Amazon it ships from one of their warehouses to your place. If your card has been charged it needs to be shipped that day.

Back