NVIDIA 310.33 Beta Drivers are Out

sk3tch

2[H]4U
http://www dot geforce dot com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-33-beta-drivers-released

or just go to http://www.nvidia.com/

The new NVIDIA GeForce 310.33 beta drivers are now available to download. Featuring GTX 600 Series performance improvements of up to 15%, the new GeForce 310.33 beta drivers are a recommended download for all Kepler users. In addition to performance improvements, the GeForce 310.33 beta drivers include a number of new and updated SLI and Ambient Occlusion profiles that benefit and enhance all GeForce PCs.

You can download the GeForce 310.33 beta drivers with one click from the homepage; Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 packages are available for desktop systems, and for notebooks there are Windows 7 and Windows 8 downloads that cover all products, including the GeForce GTX 680M. If you have any feedback or comments, please drop us a note via the comments section or use the NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form.

Performance Improvements
We’ve increased performance in numerous games over the past year, and today we’re increasing performance yet again, with gains of up to 7.5% on the GTX 660, and 15.7% on the GTX 680. Other GTX 600 Series products will see gains also, though the extent of those improvements will of course vary and be further influenced by a user’s software and hardware configuration.

NVIDIA Control Panel Game Enhancements
The GeForce 310.33 beta drivers include a number of NVIDIA Control Panel enhancements that allow you to further increase in-game fidelity in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Darksiders 2, and MechWarrior Online:

Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Cross Fire.
Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Dragon Nest.
Added NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Meng San Guo.
Updated NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Counter-strike: Global Offensive.
Updated NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for Darksiders 2.
Updated NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for MechWarrior Online.
Each enhancement is easily applied via the respective game's profile in the "Manage 3D Settings" section of the NVIDIA Control Panel. Simply select the desired quality level of the Ambient Occlusion effect in the dropdown, click "Apply", and launch the game before basking in the accurately-shadowed surroundings.

New & Updated SLI Profiles
As always, our new GeForce driver includes new and updated profiles for today’s top titles, increasing performance and unleashing the full power of SLI systems.

Dirt: Showdown – Updated SLI profile
Dota 2 - Updated SLI profile
Dou Zhan Shen – Updated SLI profile
F1 2012 - Added SLI profile
FIFA 13 – Added SLI profile
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad – Updated SLI profile
New & Updated 3D Vision Profiles
New and updated 3D Vision profiles are also included in the GeForce 310.33 beta drivers, helping you get the best possible experience when playing in stereoscopic 3D.

Assassin's Creed III - Rated Not Recommended
Bloody Good Time - Rated Good
Bullet Run - Rated Fair
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - Rated Good
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - Rated 3D Vision Ready
Dark Souls - Rated Fair
Dishonored - Rated Fair
FIFA 13 - Rated Good
Hitman: Absolution - Rated Fair
I Am Alive - Rated Fair
MLB 2K12 - Rated Fair
NBA 2K12 - Rated Good
Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Rated Fair
Sniper Elite V2 - Rated Poor
Tiny Troopers - Rated Fair
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Rated Good
Total War Battles: SHOGUN - Rated Good
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Rated Fair
The GeForce 310.33 beta drivers also include a few new bug fixes, which rectify problems such as performance degradation on Quad SLI systems, and non-functioning MSAA anti-aliasing in Diablo III. For full details, check out the release notes.

Where is this mentioned?

Nowhere, as it is unofficial. But it works, I tested it half an hour ago in Just Cause 2 (DX10) and Metro 2033 (DX11).

When using SGSSAA it will automatically set the LOD to

-0.4 for 2xSGSSAA
-0.8 for 4xSGSSAA
-1.2 for 8xSGSSAA

Of course you can manually override the value if you should want to via NVInspector.

Nowhere, as it is unofficial. But it works, I tested it half an hour ago in Just Cause 2 (DX10) and Metro 2033 (DX11).

When using SGSSAA it will automatically set the LOD to

-0.4 for 2xSGSSAA
-0.8 for 4xSGSSAA
-1.2 for 8xSGSSAA

Of course you can manually override the value if you should want to via NVInspector.
That is awesome. Thanks!

I'm at work right now. Can someone please check if they fixed 4-way SLI Surround?

No specific mention of Borderlands 2, but hopefully PhysX performance is improved.

futuremark needs to get their shit straight... for some reason 3dmark11 wont even launch after i restarted my computer wow...

I'm at work right now. Can someone please check if they fixed 4-way SLI Surround?

Seems slightly better. I saw it get over 80% (X79, PCIe 3.0 fix enabled, verified). I couldn't play much because my BenQ XL2420T/TX monitors now show up as only 60hz in NVIDIA control panel. :( Probably going to have to downgrade...they worked just fine with the WHQL 306.97...

EDIT: nevermind, just created custom resolutions with 120hz enabled and that seemed to make it work. Tried it again and yeah - definite NV Surround improvements. I'm just using BF3 MP as a metric. In the 80% for usage percentage and it gets up to the higher 80s from time to time. Pretty crazy!

Last edited:
Seems slightly better. I saw it get over 80% (X79, PCIe 3.0 fix enabled, verified). I couldn't play much because my BenQ XL2420T/TX monitors now show up as only 60hz in NVIDIA control panel. :( Probably going to have to downgrade...they worked just fine with the WHQL 306.97...

EDIT: nevermind, just created custom resolutions with 120hz enabled and that seemed to make it work. Tried it again and yeah - definite NV Surround improvements. I'm just using BF3 MP as a metric. In the 80% for usage percentage and it gets up to the higher 80s from time to time. Pretty crazy!

This is a GREAT day. Will see how they work on my rig under windows 8. Does anyone have a link to the release notes? Link seems to be down on Nvidia's site.

Damn how did they manage to cover every game excecpt the ones I'm playing and the ones I've yet to install from my already purchased games :confused:

Anyway, kudos to you guys if your games are listed there for performance improvements.

This is a GREAT day. Will see how they work on my rig under windows 8. Does anyone have a link to the release notes? Link seems to be down on Nvidia's site.

4-way SLI Surround has not been fixed. It's exactly the same as before.

nVidia_310.33_gpu_usage.png

Tried these out in Skyrim. Performance seems better, it was very smooth in cities. Also, I didn't have a single Display Driver crash, and I was running at my +175/+200 clocks that I was able to use pre-306 drivers without issue.

So far these are pretty awesome.

BF3 is working much better for me with the new drivers.

The BIG improvement for me is that I can now run high physx in Borderlands 2 @ 8050x1600. Before, any physx level would cause major slowdowns in surround mode.

Yes, play games not benchmarks and you'll see NV Surround + 4-way SLI *improvements* - it isn't perfect but they did knock it up a notch in the utilization department.

Yes, play games not benchmarks and you'll see NV Surround + 4-way SLI *improvements* - it isn't perfect but they did knock it up a notch in the utilization department.

Agreed, and Skyrim feels more fluid as well but don't hold me to any scientific proof.

Downloaded and installed. I had time to do quick runs of 3dmark 11 and vantage and I'm getting what I consider to be significant gains. My 3dmark 11 score was 15327 (up from 14510) and vantage score is 40644 (up from 37336). This is all on the same max core and memory speed (1200 core/6800 memory). I guess the difference that I noticed is the i needed +50 offset to get to 1200, but with 306.97 I needed +37 offset. Not sure why the clocks are different with different drivers. This driver doesn't help with my gripe with my cards though - poor overclocking. Still can't run stable benchmarks above 1225 core.

Is the min value for max frame render ahead still 1 or did they change it back to 0.

You're right, I take that back. There's definitely been an improvement. My fps in Heaven at 4032x960 went from 62.6 to 94.0.

That's a huge improvement, but it's still not as good as it theoretically should be. At 2560x1440 it's 107.4, so it should be around 102.3 to account for the 5% extra pixels. That's still 8% slower than it should be, but it's amazing compared to what it was before. Oh well, this is a step in the right direction, I hope they keep on working on it :)

No specific mention of Borderlands 2, but hopefully PhysX performance is improved.

I didn't notice a difference in the Rustyards area of the Pirate's Booty DLC.

Same here, shitty performance with Physx ON on my 680 even worse I must say. This is getting into my nerves. This is just unacceptable, Nvidia and Gearbox taking so much time to fix a game. Its been out for nearly 2 months if I am right.

Same here, shitty performance with Physx ON on my 680 even worse I must say. This is getting into my nerves. This is just unacceptable, Nvidia and Gearbox taking so much time to fix a game. Its been out for nearly 2 months if I am right.

Just buy an AMD card and you won't have to worry about PhysX anymore.

So any single card users seeing any improvements?

I seem to getting about 5 more FPS outdoors in modded Skyrim, which is actually a large improvement since I was hovering between 25-30 before (adaptive Vsync enabled). Total Enhancement ENB w/ ambient occlusion and some SSIL, in-game FXAA, official HD texture pack + Realism Overhaul texpack, various INI tweaks. Using the global settings recommended here. I just got this card a few weeks ago, though, so that's the only game whose pre-310.33 performance I am familiar with.

Problem with freezing-up in BF3. I tried it numerous times with the same results, so I switched back to 306.23 and all is well. Card in sig.

jime

Tested this driver with BF3 (48-64 ppl servers), everything seems OK.

Back