Ok, just to clear the air, I have absolutly NO clue how to over clock a cpu! I've been trying to learn how things work BEFORE I start to mess with the bios. What I have to play with is in my sig. I'm on a limited budget, and was finaly able to get a new mobo with overclocking in the bios and a good vid card. So please don't recomend that I replace my PD with a Q9900 super XTZ and oc that instead. that being said:
My goal: to oc my Pentium D 830 3 gig (15 x 200) 800 fsb to 3.4-3.6 gig
I've been looking at the specs for the cpu using Everest Home Edition, and cpuz
It saids that the voltage range is between 1.25 - 1.4v and that my multiplyer is at lowest x14 and highest x15.
My multiplyer will bounce back and forth between the two (14 @ 2808MHz and 15 @ 3009MHz
Question 1) how do I take it out of power saving mode and lock the multiplyer at x15?
Question 2) is getting 3.4 gig out of my cpu as simple as just raising the clock to 226.7 MHz? (15 x 226.7 = 3400 MHz)
Question 3) Where is a good place to look for good info on overclocking how to, step by step? I've tryed googling but haven't found anything that looked to be much to learn from.
*** cooling shouldn't be a problem, with what I'm using now it will idle @ 42c and wide open at 57c. ***
My goal: to oc my Pentium D 830 3 gig (15 x 200) 800 fsb to 3.4-3.6 gig
I've been looking at the specs for the cpu using Everest Home Edition, and cpuz
It saids that the voltage range is between 1.25 - 1.4v and that my multiplyer is at lowest x14 and highest x15.
My multiplyer will bounce back and forth between the two (14 @ 2808MHz and 15 @ 3009MHz
Question 1) how do I take it out of power saving mode and lock the multiplyer at x15?
Question 2) is getting 3.4 gig out of my cpu as simple as just raising the clock to 226.7 MHz? (15 x 226.7 = 3400 MHz)
Question 3) Where is a good place to look for good info on overclocking how to, step by step? I've tryed googling but haven't found anything that looked to be much to learn from.
*** cooling shouldn't be a problem, with what I'm using now it will idle @ 42c and wide open at 57c. ***