"No more DLC that gamers have to buy for the full experience" - Ubisoft

Instead they will release full expansions at twice the price every 6 months ;)
They should do something about really crappy HoM&M series we've been getting lately.

Honestly, I have no issue with Ubisoft anymore. They've really reformed. I personally don't buy DLC but i've never felt like I had an incomplete experience after playing their games. Playing Watchdogs 2 now and I am having an absolute blast. Before that I played through Farcry 3 and 4 for the first time and loved them. Bought Farcry Primal but haven't gotten to that yet.

To be honest, Ubisoft DLC was not too bad. Typically $20 for a decent expansion and some minor DLCs that no one really cared about. The campaign expansions for Watch Dogs and Far Cry 3 are good examples.

To be honest, Ubisoft DLC was not too bad. Typically $20 for a decent expansion and some minor DLCs that no one really cared about. The campaign expansions for Watch Dogs and Far Cry 3 are good examples.

Wrong, speak for yourself. I care a lot about all minor dlcs so you obviously have no idea what your talking about .

Damn CoD started the "buy all the maps" trend and simultaneously, Farmville started microtransactions. Both of which are poisons to good games.

Meh, I'll be interested in Ubisoft again when someone figures out that quality beats quantity. I'm tired of every single game they make being an open world where the freedom to choose between a shitload of uninteresting missions and tedious side tasks wins out over an interesting and coherent story. It was fine in Assassins Creed, but now it's every major IP from them... Far Cry, The Division, Watch Dogs, and now whatever the fuck the next Ghost Recon is supposed to be, 'cause it sure as hell isn't really a Ghost Recon game. It's content for the sake of content, to say there's X amount of hours of gameplay... doesn't matter that it's boring.

I would say any content available before and up to release day is a "full experience". So we'll see what their definition ends up being.

Back