No more attributes in Diablo 3

That's not real "creative". It may seem like an additional level of complexity to a newbie, but it gets old after a while, trust me. Removing the stats all together is honestly better. Yes, we'll no longer see Titan Barbarians or similar, but i'm fine with that.

You don't think that's possible with items?

/facepalm.......pick your choice: 1. Create a new thread and get flamed on the grounds that its been discussed many times before, or 2. Post in an existing and relevant thread and get flamed on the grounds that the threat is old.

1. Doesn't apply since the person that resurrected this thread did so by replying to an old post and his reply wouldn't be new-thread worthy without that other post to reply to.

2. Doesn't apply for basically the same reason as 1 doesn't apply.

This is situation 3. Be an internet idiot.

The stats were basically useless. 10 years of people playing, a constant 45,000+ people playing at any time, people botting for the best items, as well as essential sites and technical studies of everything related to D2 inside and out means that people begin to know what to expect.

There's absolutely no risk in Diablo 2 when you play on softcore, you can die 50 times while getting rushed through all the difficulties at level 1. This means then, that if you're like many of the people that played it for a long time, the regular "content" has long been old and stale for years, and the game then revolves around achieving 99 and/or PVP'ing. Chances are you'll level to somewhere around 85-90 and then decide to PVP, since that's the only other thing to do. After years of doing that you just skip everything and say to yourself:

"Well I've done this atleast 200 times already, so lets see, my character will be a PVP WW barb, so how about a BvC (Barbarian vs Caster, well balanced), generally good items are this and this and this, how much strength do I need to use this all? Hmm.. "

You end up knowing the routine, you know what the stats do, so for years it's revolved mostly around doing what you know is best in the meta game. Sure anyone can dump all their stats into Energy, but have fun PVP'ing with your 1500 life against people who are all vitality with 6000+. There are ofcourse builds that don't focus entirely on Vitality, but the general rule of thumb has always been "enough strength for items" "enough dex for max block, or no dex" "rest into vitality" (exceptions ofcourse, like a Bowazon obviously)

That's not real "creative". It may seem like an additional level of complexity to a newbie, but it gets old after a while, trust me. Removing the stats all together is honestly better. Yes, we'll no longer see Titan Barbarians or similar, but i'm fine with that.

That's Blizzard's fault for making vit above and beyond the best stat and being able to get every other point you needed from the cookie cutter item builds because after the x-pac they made all the best items unique and runeword where as in vanilla they were ALL rare items, save for SoJs. You knew how much stats you were going to get from items because all items were the same, it killed the game.

1. Doesn't apply since the person that resurrected this thread did so by replying to an old post and his reply wouldn't be new-thread worthy without that other post to reply to.

2. Doesn't apply for basically the same reason as 1 doesn't apply.

This is situation 3. Be an internet idiot.

.... Only #2 would apply in this case and it does. Theres no expiration dates on threads, and what's discussed in this topic is relevant to this forum so why do you have a problem?

I didn't know it was possible to die in Diablo 2, I must have missed the memo

or never passed the game in hell. Dieing happens frequently in hell until you some insane equipment or high end ruin words.

Back