Nioh 2

One year later lol I refunded the 1st game just pissed me off from the start.
Is there really going to be a PC version?

Looks really cool to me. After completing Sekiro twice, I feel Nioh is still better in many ways. I look forward to seeing what they do with #2 knowing that Sekiro upped the ante.
First and foremost, hopefully they let you tweak the control scheme. Even the PC version made that as difficult as possible.

I bought Nioh and didn't like it much, stopped playing it entirely. Sekiro was a million times better.

I bought Nioh and didn't like it much, stopped playing it entirely. Sekiro was a million times better.
I expect Nioh 2 to be a million times better than Nioh 1. Nioh 1 was in a sort of development hell, for a very long time. It originally was planned as a PS3/360 game. As such, the base design of the game is last-gen. And it seems it took them an unusual amount of time, to work out the ideas they had.

However, with the fairly quick turnaround on Nioh 2, it seems like they started developing this before Nioh 1 was even finished. Now that they have the core worked out, they can really start doing something with it. Maybe. We'll see. I didn't play Nioh 1, because it seemed a bit under realized, to me. I'm hoping this is way better.

I expect Nioh 2 to be a million times better than Nioh 1. Nioh 1 was in a sort of development hell, for a very long time. It originally was planned as a PS3/360 game. As such, the base design of the game is last-gen. And it seems it took them an unusual amount of time, to work out the ideas they had.

However, with the fairly quick turnaround on Nioh 2, it seems like they started developing this before Nioh 1 was even finished. Now that they have the core worked out, they can really start doing something with it. Maybe. We'll see. I didn't play Nioh 1, because it seemed a bit under realized, to me. I'm hoping this is way better.

I agree with what you said. I found the game boring. No game world immersion at all. It was very bland. I might give it another go. I probably went about 50% and stopped. Sekiro on the other hand I'm going on 150 hours since launch and onto playthrough 3. I just want to play it for some reason.

same here...as a huge From Software Souls fan I keep getting tempted to pick it up every time it goes on sale but the world design and enemies seem very repetitive...although the combat I hear is first rate...when it goes on sale under $10 I might give it a try

I played a lot of Nioh. It's a good game, but they re-use assets like crazy. The game also encourages you to re-play levels to power up, which compounds that problem.
The thing is, the game is REALLY long even if you don't re-play levels. They didn't even need to use the same levels multiple times. The game would have been plenty long and diverse without it.
I'd recommend it to anyone who likes that style of game. They key is that you don't need to grind and you're going to probably lose interest if you do. The hardest enemy in the game is one of the first you face, Hino-Enma. If you're good/strong enough to beat her, the rest of the game is somewhat downhill. You can basically just play one level after another once you beat her. As long as you stop to fight every ghost you encounter, you'll get plenty of good gear along the way.

Nioh 2 PS4/ PS4 Pro First Look

graphics look much improved over the original...

Looks really good. Hopefully you can re-map the controls this time.

you can't remap the controls on PC with the first game?

I meant on the PS4, but even on the PC it's like they don't want you to. The first version didn't allow you to and when they patched it in, it's a universal button swap. All of the menu buttons swap, too and yet none of the prompts do. You eventually get used to ignoring all of the prompts and using oddball buttons for the menus, but it was a half-assed feature to being with.

Was going to post that video from the TGS I like that boss that just cuts down trees at :47

The first PC game port was ridiculously bare bones and only ran well if you ran using the same settings as the PS4 version. Hopefully they put some additional time into this one.

Nioh 2 is scheduled to release on March 14, 2020. It'll be a timed-exclusive for PS4 up until November when it'll then launch for PC.

sucks that there's an 8 month delay to PC...I was looking forward to this...although feedback from the beta indicates that not much has really changed from the first game...I was hoping for more improvements to the environments, gameplay, feeling of repetiveness etc...the combat stance aspect was the best part but everything else seemed a bit bland

I enjoyed the gameplay of the first one, but it got to be really repetitious in the middle. The beginning and end areas were great, but the middle had a ton of clone maps.
Whoever is handling the PC port will hopefully put some effort into it. At the very least hopefully remapping your controls doesn't break the UI this time around.

I want this game but sold my PS4 like a dumbass so I'll wait for the PC version.

Next week 13th for PS4 I would get it but my vacation is over by then.
I rather wait for the PC version in November.

I enjoyed the first one (I should really get back to it, along with Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro now that I'm thinking of it) and was glad it came to PC. So is it confirmed the PC version wont' arrive until NOVEMBER? This is really frustrating to say the least.

I admit I'm glad that developers, especially Japanese ones, have embraced PC in recent years but massive delays make PC players feel like a second class platform. Worse, developers sometimes wonder why they didn't get as massive sales figures as they wished and decide to blame piracy, PC players etc... and deem the platform as not worth it / desirable, instead of looking at their decisions to delay, overprice, or quality of the port. Hopefully that when Nioh 2 arrives for PC it will be well made and enjoyable, priced reasonably, and overall worthwhile...but an 8 month delay will certainly have its ramifications.

Well, I am hoping they release DLC and have it available at that point. one of the great things about NIOH was replaying the game at the higher difficulty levels that came with the new DLCs and also the new features they brought to the game. The complete replayability is what makes the game an improvement, also the scaling rifts or whatever they are called. Overall a very different game from dark souls but in a lot of good ways.

Fighting cowboy is already playing I've been following him since Dark Souls. The game looks alot nicer than the previous game UI looks really good. Noticed it says sponcered by Playstation on his upload the best SOE could buy.

Last edited:
Back