Nioh 2

Fighting cowboy is already playing I've been following him since Dark Souls. The game looks alot nicer than the previous game UI looks really good. Noticed it says sponcered by Playstation on his upload the best SOE could buy.

I heard that because of the coronavirus Walmart is giving employees the option of staying home...looks like you took advantage of the offer...

I'm ready to quit the place and play Nioh all day with the risk of being in public all the time not sure it's worth it.

Last edited:

Yeah this game sounds way too hard for me plus the guy spent 110 hours on it time I don't have right now.

Our Walmart has about 8 copies in stock still going to wait for the PC version

On PC, can’t play Nioh 2 so I fired up nioh. Keyboard controls are an absolute mess. And I have to figure out how to play this game again. When I did the kusarigama along with ninjitsu throwing knives, this time I think I’ll do something different.

On PC, can’t play Nioh 2 so I fired up nioh. Keyboard controls are an absolute mess. And I have to figure out how to play this game again. When I did the kusarigama along with ninjitsu throwing knives, this time I think I’ll do something different.

absolute mess how?...meaning the default controls?...can you can remap all the controls?

the keyboard acts like a controller for some functions, where you have to hold down one button and then press another, example, to change stance is space + some button, to use item 5-8 is hold R+(1-4)
I used an ahk script to help with the items but it was still annoying. even the "remap" macros they support involve holding one key then pressing another. like WTF

the keyboard acts like a controller for some functions, where you have to hold down one button and then press another, example, to change stance is space + some button, to use item 5-8 is hold R+(1-4)
I used an ahk script to help with the items but it was still annoying. even the "remap" macros they support involve holding one key then pressing another. like WTF

that does sound weird...I remember Dark Souls 2's default layout had something similar where you needed to hold down one key while pressing another for some functions but they allowed you to remap controls to a single M/KB click so it wasn't an issue...the only reason to have to do that is if there's a limited number of keys you can use...if I can remap to any key then it shouldn't be required

first DLC 'The Tengu’s Disciple' will launch on July 30th

We’re planning to release a total of three sizable & badass DLC batches over the next several months to provide you guys with additional challenges to keep you on the edge-of-your-seat...there will be new storylines, new yokai, ferocious new bosses, Guardian Spirits, new skills, fresh armor and a new weapon that alters the performance of skills outside of set stances

On top of all that, new difficulty levels and end-game content will be added to allow the campaign to grow longer, giving you guys even more content to start your summer gaming adventures!...

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...hoto-mode-new-missions-today-new-dlc-details/

Has a PC version of this game ever been mentioned? For those who have the PS4 version - can you remap the controls?

I would just get it for the PS4/PS5, but the first game didn't allow you to remap the controls on the console. The game is so Soul'ish, there's no way I can't not have the attacks mapped to the shoulder buttons. I'd spend the first 20 hours dying because I input things wrong.

#Nioh2CE launches on February 5, 2021 (On PC Steam) Will include:

great news as far as PC...I never played the first game although as a huge fan of the Souls games I was tempted but something about the game looked very repetitive in terms of enemies and level design...I thought Nioh 2 would make some bigger changes but it sounds basically the same...but I am more interested in picking up Nioh 2 versus the first game

great news as far as PC...I never played the first game although as huge fan of the Souls game I was tempted but something about the game looked very repetitive in terms of enemies and level design...I thought Nioh 2 would make some bigger changes but it sounds basically the same...but I am more interested in picking up Nioh 2 versus the first game
I also avoided the first game. I agree, the enemy variety and environment design seemed lacking. However, the sequel at least seems to be a decent step up for the environments. I will probably pick this one up.

ah here we go, more details about the PS5 version:

New features and elements of PlayStation®5 version
Supports 4K resolution / 120fps
Improving the quality of various graphics
Faster loading time
Supports PS5 ™ activity function
Supports haptic feedback
Adaptive trigger support
Cross-matching with PS4 ™ version players
Saved data can be transferred from PS4 ™ to PS5 ™
Supports 3D Audio

1605278717268.png

PC Gamer
https://www.pcgamer.com/nioh-2the-complete-edition-comes-to-pc-next-year-with-a-terrible-hat/

The new features sound terrific, but I still don't see anything about "controller remapping" which scares me. I'm going with the PC one since there will at least be some way to pull that off, even if it means using the wonky Xbox controller app. Souls-like games shouldn't ever deviate from that control scheme.

20201119115335_1.jpg

Tutorial I think they put two of them in the game because once your down with this you goto another starting area.

20201119123200_1.jpg

Steam dlc helmet
The game isn't bad once you get out of that depressing castle area. Setting the button layout B helps alot which is why I refunded in the last time around.

Nioh 2 will be out a month from now I'm not even going to try to finish NIOH 1 I'm stuck on the 2nd boss in some underground rocky dungeon. I guess NIOH 2 is easier and looks better.

Last edited:
I definitely want this, but I'm not touching it unless I know the controls can be re-mapped.

controls could not be remapped in the 1st game?

Not on the PS4. You could on the PC, but all of the prompts retained the default mappings and it re-mapped all of the menu buttons, too. It worked, but only in the most rudimentary sense.

The complete edition of Nioh has selectable presets the hard attack buttons on the left and right bumpers and triggers it wasnt like that at launch the complete edition changed that.

how do you not have fully remappable keys for a game in 2021...it should be standard (at least on PC)

I deleted Nioh 1 took almost 80 gigs looking forward to this game in little more then two weeks.

Nioh 2 publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Team Ninja have detailed the PC-specific features in the upcoming Nioh 2 Complete Edition, which will be released on February 5th...PC players can expect support for 4K resolution, ultra-widescreen, HDR, 144hz (including the option for locked 60fps or 120fps), customizable key bindings, and gamepads

those who buy Nioh 2 Complete Edition on PC or PlayStation in its first three weeks of release will also receive the bonus pieces of armor 'Sohaya Deserter Garb' and 'Ornate Gold Armor'...

Nioh 2 Complete Edition - PC Features Trailer

Last edited:
Back