Nice cheap mobo?

Retardo

Gawd
My ASRock 775Dual Vista mobo's PCIE slot isnt working correctly so i need to replace my mobo. Whats a nice cheap one?

specs:

Dual channel DDR
Pentium D 805
Thermalright SI-128 (Thats a pretty big heatsink. It may not fit on some mobos?)
Soundblaster Audigy 2
Geforce 8600gt
Win XP

Thanks.

anything cheaper? around $50-$60?

and isnt that mobo up there DDR2? I need just DDR.

Do you plan on ever upgrading your CPU to a Core2?
Why not RMA the AsRock board?
Are you selling that AsRock board?
What's wrong with the PCI-E 4.16x slot?

For DDR and LGA775, that asrock board is your best bet. However, good news for you is, DDR2 is at an all-time low -- you can get 2GB for $45 or less (with rebates).

Do you plan on ever upgrading your CPU to a Core2?
Why not RMA the AsRock board?
Are you selling that AsRock board?
What's wrong with the PCI-E 4.16x slot?

For DDR and LGA775, that asrock board is your best bet. However, good news for you is, DDR2 is at an all-time low -- you can get 2GB for $45 or less (with rebates).

i probably wont upgrade. cant RMA. probably keep the asrock as backup if i ever need. i keep gettin BSOD. i tried 2 diff PCIE cards and both give me it. i been on AGP for years had no problems. after i switched to PCIE my PC was stable anymore. Color on games arnt right too.

So is the asrock board out of warranty already? just curious.

Since you already have a PCI-E vidcard, you can pickup a p35 board and some RAM instead, and it should be around $100 total for both.

Did you try monkeying with the PCIe settings? Maybe change the frequency to 101mhz or something like that? Anyone else with issues with that board? Probably be better off trouble shooting your current board than looking elsewhere at this point, unless your positive it's not fixable with bios settings.

i tried using the 8600gt and 8400gt. So i tried messing around and i put in another AGP and same thing happens. So its not the PCEI slot. Wonder what it could be...

Edit: Im using the AGP right now and the BSOD has stopped but when i play WC there are only CERTAIN areas of the map where the color is not right. There is like too much green. I play CS and everything is fine.

The GeForce 8000 series had issues on that particular chipset/board. What drivers were you using? Do you have another card you can try thats not part of the GF8000 series?

Dude, BSOD got nothing to do with that motherboard. Try getting a proper video driver. Try troubleshooting the drivers and BIOS problem before getting a new motherboard. Another thing to try is to reset or clear your CMOS. I install this motherboard for my friend before and it was the video driver and memory(ram) problem that I got it fixed and running great ever since.

ive tried the lastest drivers, the archived driver, and the beta drivers from nvidia. i mean what other drivers are there? and yes ive uninstalled every driver b4 installing a new one.

ill try clearing CMOS.

i dont have any other cards to try too.

also where do i change the frequency of the PCIE? bios? and change it to 101?

ive tried the lastest drivers, the archived driver, and the beta drivers from nvidia. i mean what other drivers are there?

ill try clearing CMOS.

i dont have any other cards to try too.

Are you also using XP SP2 with all the latest patches?? Also what video driver are you using?

If this is your motherboard, try updating your BIOS. Read carefully on how to update it. Clear your CMOS properly after the update. Check your manual on the proper of clearing your BIOS.

Also, what memory are you using and what is your powersupply? Also check with your Creative Soundblaster's driver because they are pretty buggy. How often do you get BSOD and when do you usually get BSOD?

Did you use driver cleaner pro to remove the old drivers? If not, try it. Its at guru3d.com.

also where do i change the frequency of the PCIE? bios? and change it to 101?

It's in the bios...look around with all the other OCing options...I don't have the board, so I can't be more specific. If 101 doesn't do anything, try 105 or 110. I wouldn't go past 110 though. I remember some of the other ASRock boards seemed to do better at 110 than at 101.

yea im using WINXP w/ SP2 and all the latest updates. for nvidia im using 169.21. I did use driver cleaner. I'll mess around w/ bios later tonight.

finally got the chance to play w/ the BIOS. doesnt help. i dont think its anything to do w/ PCIE settings since its happening to the AGP slot too.

finally got the chance to play w/ the BIOS. doesnt help. i dont think its anything to do w/ PCIE settings since its happening to the AGP slot too.

Then this is probably your memory. You either probably have to manually setup your ram in the BIOS. What what ram and how much memory are you running? If you have 2 stick, take it out and test it with one stick.

i forgot which kind of memory i got. i know its not any no brand type. i have 1gb. 2x512 running in dual channel. DDR1. ill test it out tonight when im off work.

whats memtest?

http://www.memtest.org/

is it that?

i forgot which kind of memory i got. i know its not any no brand type. i have 1gb. 2x512 running in dual channel. DDR1. ill test it out tonight when im off work.

whats memtest?

http://www.memtest.org/

is it that?

Yup. Run it for at least a few passes on each stick, individually. It'll look like this if its running successfully:

memtest_example.jpg

which one do i DL to install?

i DL "Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)" and zipped it than got an ISO. Used daemon tools and all it has is a txt file.

which one do i DL to install?

i DL "Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)" and zipped it than got an ISO. Used daemon tools and all it has is a txt file.

Burn that ISO file to a CD and boot from it. Make sure that you specifically burn the CD as an ISO, not a data CD.

Another to check is your powersupply if you have enough power. Also make sure that you have enough power going into your video card with the proper connection.

Back