• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed

There's a new patch out.

http://www.shacknews.com/file/26682/shift-2-unleashed-need-speed

It really makes a difference. The handling is improved a lot, input lag and floaty feeling seem to be gone. There's an FPS improvement also.

I can actually win races now (with the 360 controller) and it doesn't feel like I'm fighting more with my car than the other drivers.

It's not without bugs though. In the hour and a half I was playing I had two CTD's. There also seems to be a weird rainbow effect mostly on glass surfaces that seems to show up during replays. It only lasts for a few seconds before disappearing.

They're kind of a pain but I'll gladly take them over the horrible handling that there was pre-patch.

Thanks for this. I installed but I'll try it tomorrow when I wake up.
 
Does SLI work with this game now? I'll probably pick it up when I see a good sale on it and if SLI support is there are well.

SLI scaling was included in the patch but until Nvidia gets off thier ass and makes a SLI Profile for it you have to change a thing or two to get it to work. This was posted on the nogripracing forums:

"If you have NV Inspector change the SLI mode for Shift 2 to AFR2. Alternatively (although I haven't tested this with a patched retail copy) - renaming shift2u.exe to AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe should fix both SLI/Crossfire scaling while you wait for driver updates, once you've installed the patch."

I haven't tried it though.
 
same here. a bummer, considering this might actually make the game enjoyable!

I'm playing the pre-patched version and have no complaints at all - the handling of the cars is miles better than in the original game... feels almost like a Simbin title when using the 360 controller. (The handling of the Cobra in Shift 2 feels exactly like the handling of the Cobra in GT Legends.) I seriously don't know what people are bitching about... maybe learn how to drive?

I sure hope this patch doesn't ruin the handling by making the game feel like Grid or some other shitty driving game that you can master in one lap.
 
Well the patch should actually work when it's released thru Steam. Ironically the patch is not installing right on all or most of the EADM digital versions :rolleyes:
 
I'm not even going to bother. The game is great for me just the way it is. Glad I didn't buy this at Steam.
 
Well the patch should actually work when it's released thru Steam. Ironically the patch is not installing right on all or most of the EADM digital versions :rolleyes:

Worked fine for mine (EA Downloader copy).
 
The patch worked fantastically. exe is confirmed 1.01 and the cars handle very well now. No overcompensation issues anymore. Game also doesn't stutter nearly as much. Runs much more smoothly.
 
Oh man, this is awesome news! I have to fire up the HTPC so Steam can begin the download.
 
So for those of us having problems with the EADM version SMS is aware and a hotfix should be here soon (this week) along with the patch for the Steam version.

Griff the PC lead and Ian Bell are very active posting on the nogrip forums, it's refreshing to see.

Patch number 2 is in the works

Implemented already for the second patch:

- Multi-player collision improvements.
- Additional anti-alasing mode (MLAA)
- PC DLC support (Publisher driven release decision)
 
What's the DLC though? Do we have to pay for it? I'm not complaining, mind you. I love this game. But I don't think we should have to pay for it. That's all I have to say.
 
as I mentioned before I bought the game on release day but it never worked, yesterday and after 18 months without formatting I finally decided to do a clean format to play this game.
one question, I only found 2 online servers! is that it?
 
I have a problem where I'll set my G25 to manual shifting and to using the clutch and then after the first career evaluation race the next race has it set to an automatic transmission with an automatic clutch... what the hell.. why is it changing it on me? How can I get it to stay saved?
 
I have a problem where I'll set my G25 to manual shifting and to using the clutch and then after the first career evaluation race the next race has it set to an automatic transmission with an automatic clutch... what the hell.. why is it changing it on me? How can I get it to stay saved?

It did the same thing to me - once you change it AFTER that evaluation race, it will stick. The eval race is meant to change the settings once to what they think you should be using.
 
Back
Top