Nexus M ( 2015 ) Smartphone

I'm going to take a gamble, and grab the 64GB 6P and get the warranty thing. If it does accidental, then I don't have to worry about a case. And I LOVE having it run "naked" like my Nexus 5 and old Droid X did. My GS3 w/ OtterBox was great and protected and all, but I don't like belt clips. I want to throw it in my pocket (ideally cargo), and not be bulky (in thickness).

Now to sell my Yoga 12 to pay for it. I want to change my computing style anyway.

Last edited:
Pricing is great. Problem is not sold by carriers. I'm fucked because I have my JUMP. Google just alienated many of their users by doing what they did.

I wonder if they should do what Apple did and offer some sort of interest free financing option.

Still torn between this and the MXPE.

Both are great. I do like the AMOLED, bigger battery and extra cores of the 6P

they were all 2-3 weeks when I first got on the page, now only the 16gb nexus 5 is 2-3 weeks.

Overpriced compared to my $340 subsidized Note 5 before $200 trade in of any junker but still interesting. Need to know if the AMOLED display is any decent or not. Seen some Moto OLED displays where I thought to myself that they would've been better off with a decent JDI LCD.

Have to say the Pixel C is more interesting as long as Tegra X1 doesn't have any overheating and case cracking issues.

Last edited:
Yea...apples to oranges stupid idiotic comparison right there.

Only dumbsumers don't understand that no one who needs fast and reliable service isn't going to switch away from Verizon especially for $60/month UDP so might as take advantage of the phone subsidy.

Only dumbsumers don't understand that no one who needs fast and reliable service isn't going to switch away from Verizon especially for $60/month UDP so might as take advantage of the phone subsidy.

The irony, it burns.

I went ahead and preordered. I'll keep tabs on reviews in the weeks before it ships and if it turns out to be bad I'll just return it.

I went ahead and preordered. I'll keep tabs on reviews in the weeks before it ships and if it turns out to be bad I'll just return it.
Preordered which one? I'm very tempted to preorder the 6P right now myself. But I know I should probably wait for the reviews. My Nexus 5 has been feeling lonely as of late...

so apparently the 16gig 5X is 479€ in, well, europe. someone explain this bullshit markup please.

Did it. Nexus 6P 64GB
I did a quick check on my storage use and I don't care about SD 64GB is plenty.
Wont get the damn thing until Nov 12th. SUCK!!!!

Oh well. Something to look forward to I guess.

It is official...Nexus 5X and 6P are both USB2.0 data. Good job Google.

I wonder if they should do what Apple did and offer some sort of interest free financing option.

A financing option would not be a bad thing but it still alienates people like me who are on those JUMP plans. I've had my Nexus 6 since day 1 availability at T-Mobile (November 2014). I still owe $380.

I can't sell my device for the cost of that as a new one is already cheaper. Not to mention the AMOLED has slight burn-in in the softkey area and the adhesive on the sides of the back panel has loosened up a bit so they have a minor bulge.

Even if I could get $380 for the device to pay it off dropping $500 is out of the question. Seriously what the fuck is Google thinking? Especially since they are still selling them through carriers overseas?

Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 6 were all sold through carriers. So why are they suddenly changing now after 6 damn years? I mean what the fuck?

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt' the onboard flash storage actually slower than the usb 2.0 specification?

Won't know for certain until the device is benched in the wild.

However, why on Earth wouldn't you include the up-to-date USB3 interconnect? It really makes no sense. Gets you better data throughput as well as more charging throughput.

A financing option would not be a bad thing but it still alienates people like me who are on those JUMP plans. I've had my Nexus 6 since day 1 availability at T-Mobile (November 2014). I still owe $380.

I can't sell my device for the cost of that as a new one is already cheaper. Not to mention the AMOLED has slight burn-in in the softkey area and the adhesive on the sides of the back panel has loosened up a bit so they have a minor bulge.

Even if I could get $380 for the device to pay it off dropping $500 is out of the question. Seriously what the fuck is Google thinking? Especially since they are still selling them through carriers overseas?

Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 6 were all sold through carriers. So why are they suddenly changing now after 6 damn years? I mean what the fuck?

Why?

Because the USA carriers are a bunch of meddling bastards screwing up their phones. That is why. Cutting out the USA carriers means 4 fewer carrier-unique mutually-incompatible firmware images to have to compile for every phone every update. The carriers in the USA did this to themselves and their customers.

Won't know for certain until the device is benched in the wild.

However, why on Earth wouldn't you include the up-to-date USB3 interconnect? It really makes no sense. Gets you better data throughput as well as more charging throughput.

Both phones have turbo charging, so that covers charging throughput. As for data....yeah, I got nothing.

Both phones have turbo charging, so that covers charging throughput. As for data....yeah, I got nothing.

Maybe you missed the memo...but that is only Quick Charge 2.0

Qualcomm has announced QC3.0 already and it goes much faster.

Why?

Because the USA carriers are a bunch of meddling bastards screwing up their phones. That is why. Cutting out the USA carriers means 4 fewer carrier-unique mutually-incompatible firmware images to have to compile for every phone every update. The carriers in the USA did this to themselves and their customers.

And that's already gone with Marshmallow. The preview build shows that. One build works across all carriers now. They were headed that way towards the end of Lollipop as well. Only Project Fi and T-Mobile had separate branches.

And that's already gone with Marshmallow. The preview build shows that. One build works across all carriers now. They were headed that way towards the end of Lollipop as well. Only Project Fi and T-Mobile had separate branches.

It is already gone with Marshmellow because they gave the finger to US carriers and told them to stuff it, I suspect.

I am shocked that T-Mobile at least won't be carrying the Nexus 6P. T-Mobile has been a staunch Nexus supporter since day one, where other carriers may have sold one or two different Nexus phones over the years, T-Mobile ALWAYS sold the Nexus phone, every one, every year, starting with the Nexus-One up to the Nexus 6. Tis a sad day that T-Mobile won't have the latest Nexus phone, for the first time in six years :(

I am also on ' Jump on Demand ' mainly for the annual Nexus release, and sometimes the Note release or possibly HTC flagship release.

Just cancelled the 5X order. Too much money for outdated specs. Not the fan of the design as well. Was thinking ordering the 6P, but the wait time is 4-5 weeks? Really, Google? Meh, I'll pass...

Just cancelled the 5X order. Too much money for outdated specs. Not the fan of the design as well. Was thinking ordering the 6P, but the wait time is 4-5 weeks? Really, Google? Meh, I'll pass...

4-5 weeks sucks the big one fer sure but I have waited longer for less so I will just suck it up and dream of my new magic screen.

Hell, I waited a year to upgrade to the GS5 Now a year later and it don't work so hot, gets hot, buggy as hell. No more sammys for me.

I am shocked that T-Mobile at least won't be carrying the Nexus 6P. T-Mobile has been a staunch Nexus supporter since day one, where other carriers may have sold one or two different Nexus phones over the years, T-Mobile ALWAYS sold the Nexus phone, every one, every year, starting with the Nexus-One up to the Nexus 6. Tis a sad day that T-Mobile won't have the latest Nexus phone, for the first time in six years :(

I am also on ' Jump on Demand ' mainly for the annual Nexus release, and sometimes the Note release or possibly HTC flagship release.

I'm in the same boat man. Still holding out hope though, I don't think there's been anything official stating the phones won't be made available through T-Mobile. Maybe they arrive sometime in the near future?

It is already gone with Marshmellow because they gave the finger to US carriers and told them to stuff it, I suspect.

This! This whole scene was a long time coming. It's finally here and now some people are up in arms about it because they'd rather lease a phone they use everyday rather than own it outright? Christ. You don't NEED to be beholden to a carrier anymore, you can buy one device that you actually own and use it anywhere in the world, on any carrier, for any length of time at whatever budget level suits you. This is how every other similar computing device has worked forever and it's time that smartphones have finally joined the party. The whole concept of being locked into contracts or buying your device from the carrier rather than the manufacturer is dying and it's the best thing to happen for the consumer since the availability of the cellular phone itself.

I wouldn't call Verizon a reliable network. Don't buy into any of the carriers marketing speak. For every one person who praises their provider. There's another who hates it. Look at consumer affairs, every carrier has 1/5 stars or less.

I wouldn't call Verizon a reliable network. Don't buy into any of the carriers marketing speak. For every one person who praises their provider. There's another who hates it. Look at consumer affairs, every carrier has 1/5 stars or less.

Outside of urban areas, Verizon is "usually" the most reliable. Coupled with the unlimited data some of us still have, it really doesn't make any sense to move away.

I pre-ordered a 5X, but I'll probably change my mind and cancel before it ships.

$400 after tax seems like a lot for what it is... lower resolution and less RAM than the current flagships. The LG G4 and Galaxy S6 can be had for $400 and $430 on eBay respectively, albeit without a warranty, and the Moto X Pure is $400, so those seem like better deals. The only real upside is Android 6.0, but that will be available on those other phones in due time.

Last edited:
Back