Nexus 6 speculation

Oh god, this thing is going to be hard to find at carrier stores as well?

I suppose. I'm not sure why T-Mobile only appears to have one color available on their site?

Unfortunately I won't be able to get to the local store on Wednesday, so I guess I'm left trying to find it online...

So I had to call verizon to get my droid maxx replaced (battery drops off at 20% to 0% in about 1 min), they were trying to get me to use my upgrade for a new phone. I told them I want the nexus 6 and they said they don't show that phone being on verizon in next few weeks (not that it would be after a few weeks just that for phones coming out in the next few weeks its not listed).

That makes me a sad panda :(

So I had to call verizon to get my droid maxx replaced (battery drops off at 20% to 0% in about 1 min), they were trying to get me to use my upgrade for a new phone. I told them I want the nexus 6 and they said they don't show that phone being on verizon in next few weeks (not that it would be after a few weeks just that for phones coming out in the next few weeks its not listed).

That makes me a sad panda :(

Looks like VZw will not be selling the phone initially but their network will support it.

I still haven't decided if I'm keeping mine.
The random battery % stuck went away after clear cache and charging while off a couple hours, seems back to normal now. The bluetooth and wireless range is underwhelming, I just noticed three feet from my router youtube was stuttering now and again but netflix isn't so that's some software BS, I can live with the camera and call volume I think.
It'd be an easy decision if the N6 wasn't huge or the wifi was stronger on the Turbo.
I'll probly end up keeping it, everything else feels like less of an upgrade than this one short of the note 4 or N6. I keep reminding myself the thing was just released and there is an OS update looming.

Since this N6 is a Motorola product, can we expect it to have the same wifi/BT difficulties that have been reported on other Moto phones like the X, Droid Turbo, etc,?

I hope they don't pull a Verizon "we won't sell you one unless you buy it with a plan" shenanigan.

I can see it now. Couldn't order from the Play store due to lack of stock, couldn't order from motorola.com due to lack of stock, can't order from t-mobile.com due to lack of stock. :D

I can see it now. Couldn't order from the Play store due to lack of stock, couldn't order from motorola.com due to lack of stock, can't order from t-mobile.com due to lack of stock. :D

Well after speaking with Moto my Blue 64GB order will ship a week sooner than originally estimated. :cool:

Cases and screen protectors here Wednesday

For those that had planned on picking one up on Wednesday at T-Mobile check the list posted on Reddit (in the first post) as actual units for sale will be scarce but there should be demo units available.

No stores in Michigan will have units for sale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/2lthl6/internal_list_of_tmobile_stores_that_will_have/

I don't think this list can possibly be correct. I find it very hard to believe that no store in all of Las Vegas (which has a population of over 2.5MM) will have these available on launch day, but stores in rural Georgia will have stock?

For those that had planned on picking one up on Wednesday at T-Mobile check the list posted on Reddit (in the first post) as actual units for sale will be scarce but there should be demo units available.

No stores in Michigan will have units for sale.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/2lthl6/internal_list_of_tmobile_stores_that_will_have/

Basically all around Boston for me, and no love for my area (Springfield, MA). That's really horrible planning.

Maybe I'll just order the 64gb online.

So.. Wednesday tomorrow.. Anyone know what time stock showed up last week on play store?

So there are release dates ranging from tomorrow the 12th through the 21st from various carriers and retailers. So far no word on if Amazon will be offering the phone or through which provider ATT/VZW/Sprint (doesn't seem like they sell T-mobile phones). By the looks of it only Motorola/Google will be offering the 64GB version for the foreseeable future.

I really wouldn't trust those ship dates unless people start receiving their phones. I think there are production issues with the phone or perhaps hw issues holding it back. Why else is it out of stock completely?

So there are release dates ranging from tomorrow the 12th through the 21st from various carriers and retailers. So far no word on if Amazon will be offering the phone or through which provider ATT/VZW/Sprint (doesn't seem like they sell T-mobile phones). By the looks of it only Motorola/Google will be offering the 64GB version for the foreseeable future.

My play store order says the 26th.

yeesh...this doesn't feel great...

Speculating here: I wonder if production issues have hindered the N6.

My guess is that they are not producing enough.

This happens EVERY fucking year with the nexus phones. There should be no excuse this time - there is plenty of profit margin in there for Motorola.

I think I'm pretty set on the N6 over the Turbo, but Verizon has made no indication of when or even if they're carrying it (even though we know they will). I don't have an upgrade available until Dec 21st though, so they have until then to do something. I'm guessing it will be like the last Gnex launch where they would rather push the new Droid(s) until the last second, then quietly release the Nexus without an announcement or anything a month after it was available in the Play Store. So I'm guessing they will launch it a week or two into December.

I really wouldn't trust those ship dates unless people start receiving their phones. I think there are production issues with the phone or perhaps hw issues holding it back. Why else is it out of stock completely?

Motorola told me that their ship dates were actually pessimistic and many orders were shipping sooner than expected. Mine was originally quotes as 11/26, is supposed to ship Thursday with delivery projected for 11/19.

Oh, and look out for N6 reviews blowing up the interwebz. Embargo is supposed to lift today. I'm guessing it's at noon or something since I don't see anything yet.

Oh, and look out for N6 reviews blowing up the interwebz. Embargo is supposed to lift today.

I'm surprised some aren't up already.

Hopefully Tmo's crap didn't cause Google to dragit out.

Can the bloatware be uninstalled.

Is this a question? In the linked article:
This isn't the end of the world, since you can just immediately delete the apps and be done with them.

Because from now on Google isn't allowing them to install it as a system application, they can be uninstalled. I'm hoping this will be the case with all 5.0 phones (not just Nexus) going forward too, but I haven't read anything on it outside of Nexus devices.

Back