Nexus 6 speculation

I'd buy any Nexus product on Verizon as long as it was a high end device. I'm surprised so many are upset that the phone may be on the big side.

Nexus 9 To Launch Tomorrow And Will Be The First Device To Run Android L
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaymcgr...nd-will-be-the-first-device-to-run-android-l/

The source explained to me that Google GOOGL +1.95% had planned to hold an official event for the new tablet, but because it was still fine tweaking Android L, it decided against a ‘big reveal’. Instead the new tablet, and a new smartphone made by Motorola, will be launched via a blog post tomorrow.

Hopefully the Nexus 6 matches the Note 4 battery life ?

The Note 4 is a large 5.7" screen 1440p device, but with the Snapdragon 805, and a 3220mAh battery, and is has been showing amazing battery life in recent tests, with 6h / 6.5h Screen On time.

The Note 4 and Nexus 6 look to have extremely similar specs; same processor, same GPU, same screen resolution, same memory, and battery size very close 3220mAh = Note 4, and 3200mAh = rumored for Nexus 6.

And then Android L is supposed to be better on battery life in general by default, and I would think better than the Note 4 Touchwiz running 4.4.4 ?

Report: Google to announce Nexus 9 and Nexus 6 tomorrow, retail availability in November
http://9to5google.com/2014/10/14/nexus-9-price-availability-nexus-6-specs/

According to a new report out of Forbes, Google will announce both the Nexus 9 tablet and Nexus 6 smartphone tomorrow. The report claims that Google had originally planned to hold an event for the devices, but decided it against it due to it wanting to continue to fine tweak Android “L” until the last-minute. Instead, both of the devices will be announced via a blog post.

Hopefully the Nexus 6 matches the Note 4 battery life ?

The Note 4 is a large 5.7" screen 1440p device, but with the Snapdragon 805, and a 3220mAh battery, and is has been showing amazing battery life in recent tests, with 6h / 6.5h Screen On time.

The Note 4 and Nexus 6 look to have extremely similar specs; same processor, same GPU, same screen resolution, same memory, and battery size very close 3220mAh = Note 4, and 3200mAh = rumored for Nexus 6.

And then Android L is supposed to be better on battery life in general by default, and I would think better than the Note 4 Touchwiz running 4.4.4 ?

well note 4 comes with oled screen...

All I want is for it to be on Verizon, and for Verizon to not screw it up.

2 very big if's, I know.

Report: Google to announce Nexus 9 and Nexus 6 tomorrow, retail availability in November
http://9to5google.com/2014/10/14/nexus-9-price-availability-nexus-6-specs/

According to a new report out of Forbes, Google will announce both the Nexus 9 tablet and Nexus 6 smartphone tomorrow. The report claims that Google had originally planned to hold an event for the devices, but decided it against it due to it wanting to continue to fine tweak Android “L” until the last-minute. Instead, both of the devices will be announced via a blog post.

Wait, so you posted both the original Forbes post *and* a third-party story covering the Forbes post? I'm all for keeping Nexus fans informed, but you might want to vet links before you post them. :)

I wasn't too impressive with Nexus 5, since its camera is average at best. Hopefully, Google is planning to improve the camera performance.

I'm excited...

Is this just going to appear on the google play store like the N5, or have some sort of 'event'?

I wasn't too impressive with Nexus 5, since its camera is average at best. Hopefully, Google is planning to improve the camera performance.

L has a new Camera2 API which will make the camera much better. The sensor on the N5 isn't bad, its the software.

L has a new Camera2 API which will make the camera much better. The sensor on the N5 isn't bad, its the software.

Exactly! So many complaints about the N5 camera but IMO the image quality was better than the Galaxy S4 and even the iPhone5 at the time. The only complaint was the rather slow software and lack of controls (no whitebalance, ISO, exposure etc..).

I am surprised, no legit Nexus 6 phone pics or videos have leaked tonight ? Making me think tomorrow is just the HTC Nexus tablet announcement + the official Android 5.0 reveal.

But maybe the Nexus 6 won't be ready till next month ?

Yeap, if true then I will be skipping this generation. The 5 was $350, you can't jack the price $200 and expect people to blindly pay that, who do they think they are? Apple?

Yeap, if true then I will be skipping this generation. The 5 was $350, you can't jack the price $200 and expect people to blindly pay that, who do they think they are? Apple?

Its actually a $150 increase and based on the specs offered that seems reasonable. The Nexus line is going highend

Damn damn damn... I was hoping for a lower price. I agree with Nick here. I think I paid 350-400 for my Nexus 4. Idk about $500+ bucks.

Ouch, if those prices are accurate then i'll also be thinking twice.
I've got a G2 here that i'd like to upgrade from but i'm in the middle of a contract. (decent hardware, however LG's version of Android SUCKS)

That's assuming the thing's coming out in a CDMA version for Sprint though. (would be nice if they could go 100% LTE and enable VoLTE.. would vastly simplify things)

Definitely not buying at $500+. The whole reason I switched to the Nexus and prepaid from Verizon was to keep costs down.

If that's the actual price, I'll just upgrade my N5 to Android 5.0 and run what I've got for another year or two.

If those prices are real than I feel MUCH, MUCH better about not waiting for the Nexus 6 and grabbing a OnePlus One.

If those prices are real than I feel MUCH, MUCH better about not waiting for the Nexus 6 and grabbing a OnePlus One.

Yea I bet the One+ people are stoked about this rumor. Would definitely drive more people to their camp if a similar Nexus device is this much more expensive.

Shocked, that just hours before the rumored Nexus 6 reveal, there still has not been any solid real pics or videos ? Just hoaxes by that TK douche, but no credible pics of the Nexus 6 that is supposedly going to be shown to the world in a matter of hours.

I am guessing no Nexus 6 phone today, just the HTC Nexus tablet, and Android 5.0 official reveal only.

Yep. I think the OnePlus One is like a Nexus 5-1/2, better and and good upgrade from the Nexus 5, while still being affordable, but not a HUGE 6" monster sized phone and costing double the price like the Nexus 6.

As much as I hated OnePlus on the whole invite system, that phone for $349 is a frigging bargain, and still flagship quality, while being the next closest thing to a Nexus phone.

Well well well, according to the official page, VZW is getting the phone afterall. Now I have a decision to make. 6" phone running stock Lollipop, or 5.2" phone running lightly skinned Lollipop with an epic battery.

Well well well, according to the official page, VZW is getting the phone afterall. Now I have a decision to make. 6" phone running stock Lollipop, or 5.2" phone running lightly skinned Lollipop with an epic battery.
Also note the dual front facing speakers

I likee. May not have money for a new phone for a bit so it goes on the wishlist .

The rumors of the Nexus 6 being slightly smaller overall compared to the iPhone 6 Plus were wrong :(

Nexus 6 = 6" screen / overall 159 x 82 x 10 @ 184g

iPhone 6 Plus = 5.5" screen / overall - 158 x 78 x 7 @ 172g

Note 4 = 5.7" screen / overall - 154 x 78 x 8.5 @ 176g

OnePlus One = 5.5" screen / overall - 152 x 76 x 8.9 @ 162g

I think the real shocker for many will be the price. $649 is pretty good for a high-end 6-inch phone, but there's a huge group of Android fans who tricked themselves into thinking that the Nexus 5's/OPO's $349 was "normal" and that no phone should ever cost more than that. Welcome to reality, folks.

I know this is not related to the N6, but I just noticed - Nexus Player?

Yep... basically, Google's clone of the Apple TV (so much for the "Google never copies anyone" rhetoric...).

Not that this is really a bad thing, since it means that Android users finally get Chromecast support on their TV in a device that isn't just an HDMI dongle. You can also recommend a Nexus Player to parents who don't own smartphones.

Back