Next-Gen GeForce Teaser

why would Nvidia release a Cyberpunk design months before the game is even released?...wouldn't it be better to wait and release it in August/September
Because the game was originally coming out sooner than September.

Delays cost money.

if they're releasing the new design with current 2000 series cards it makes little sense...would have been better to release with the 3000 series and they most likely would have sold more...is someone really going to buy a current gen RTX card just for the Cyberpunk design?...new (much more powerful) ray-tracing cards are coming out 'soon'

if they're releasing the new design with current 2000 series cards it makes little sense...would have been better to release with the 3000 series and they most likely would have sold more...is someone really going to buy a current gen RTX card just for the Cyberpunk design?...new (much more powerful) ray-tracing cards are coming out 'soon'

They have contracts in place with the company that makes their coolers, they can't cancel or delay those orders without paying fees to do so (that's how manufacturing contracts work), same way the company that produces their boxes and other marketing materials. If its something coming soon they'll already have stock on hand ready to go. And they can't just stockpile stuff until closer to launch because they'd be paying taxes every quarter on that unsold stock sitting in warehouses. If these are sold in retail then they'd already have retail deals worked out, which would need to be changed. Delays are very expensive.

Edit: Forgot to add that they would have to alter every piece of marketing material and alter their plans, which costs a lot of money.

they announced the delay to September a month ago...plenty of time for Nvidia to delay these new Cyberpunk designed cards
These things don't happen overnight, they need to arrange manufacturing, and actually produce a stock then distribute it worldwide. Things were probably already in motion when the game got delayed. Shelving the cards for 5 months would cost a lot. I remember when HL2 got delayed a year and ATI cards came with coupons for the game instead of the game itself as a response.

These things don't happen overnight, they need to arrange manufacturing, and actually produce a stock then distribute it worldwide. Things were probably already in motion when the game got delayed. Shelving the cards for 5 months would cost a lot. I remember when HL2 got delayed a year and ATI cards came with coupons for the game instead of the game itself as a response.

I would think that Nvidia found out about the delay much earlier...CDPR didn't just make the decision to delay on the day they announced it to the public...they probably knew for weeks or even months earlier...I'm sure they let their partners (including GPU manufacturers) know at that time

I would think that Nvidia found out about the delay much earlier...CDPR didn't just make the decision to delay on the day they announced it to the public...they probably knew for weeks or even months earlier...I'm sure they let their partners (including GPU manufacturers) know at that time

You underestimate how secretive the game industry is. Partners might have known a few days before hand, maybe up to a week, but not much more than that. Not nearly enough time to change manufacturing plans. It can take up to half a year for manufacturing changes to be accounted for depending on the product and what needs to change. Even for something as simple as a new paint job we're probably talking 2-3 months of lead time, or more.

See?

1581946255277.png

don't do this, i wasn't the only one fooled
Fooled by what? The tweet in the original post has nothing in it that should lead anyone to believe that this was an Ampere teaser besides jumping to preconceived conclusions. This was obviously a marketing stunt between CDPR and NVIDIA. These conversations they try to make look "organic" happen all the time on Twitter.
1581961073056.png

Don't take this as an attack on you. Please keep posting stuff to the news section. If anything the ensuing conversation on posts like this keep us entertained (y)

so, will this "special edition" very expensive GPU make playing the most recent game releases more "fun" to play? I didn't think so ... :(

They made 77 and yet the post already has over 111k views/replys.... good luck!

They made 77 and yet the post already has over 111k views/replys.... good luck!

So if it reaches 200 thousand comments that would be 1 in 2597.4 Still FAR better odds than a lot of giveaways, and you don't even need to spend five bucks.

This is some lowest effort shit when it comes to thematic branding design.

Big Meh. I would sell it and put it towards a 3080ti and a water block. They should of saved it for a 3080ti promo.

Last edited:

Anyone notice Nvidia said they would give one to you and one to your friend you tag in the post...
...except they only made 77 (an odd number).

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Big Meh. I would sell it and out it towards a 3080ti and a water block. They should of saved it for a 3080ti promo.

They were probably planning on it releasing a lot closer to the game. Then the delay happened and well...

This was sort of how I felt watching Steve at Gamers Nexus tell us he's auctioning off signed PCB's for Kingpin cards. Not....you know...actual cards...just the bare PCB's. To Collectors. For Charity. And these are not available *anywhere*. Um....but they aren't...functioning...cards......
Question: Who are you collectors who want this and, seriously, wtf is wrong with you. :)

Back