news!

p05ta1

Limp Gawd
Blog post! front page had a update from Kyle 12/28/21
big news, I hope it will resume soon maybe like old days .

1640910005047.png

I hoped it would just be a matter of time, I like the fpsreview but the long honed muscle memory of keying in hardocp.com and coming to a forum first is still sometimes jarring.

[H]ope maybe we can get some power supply info again.
This was/is my main site for AMD and [h]ardware info.
I still load up this page daily to see deals and news via forum.

dont count on it. did you not read the "read more" section? it will be a intermittent blog.

You can get power supply reviews from Paul Johnson on theFPSreview.
They don't do as many, but same guy and pretty much the same format.

I still come here a couple times a week to look at for sale stuff.
I sell things actually quite successfully here from time to time still.
I'd love to see things go back to a review site, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

FPSReview is pretty decent. I don't check it all the time, but when new hardware comes out I'll definitely read their review.

What I liked about HardOCP was that the GPU tests were done with real-world settings. Not setting everything to max on a GTX 1650 which tells you nothing.

It's good to compare different cards, but doesn't let you know what performance you will actually get if you are using it.

Also the whole "max setting" thing is e-peen. It rarely looks any better than High or Very High and just tanks performance.

Wait a minute... yeah, it's January, for a second I thought we jumped to April 1st.

Doesn't seem likes its going to be reviews, but more Kyle's thoughts/opinions on the industry and tech. Blog....I like it!
Using FPS reviews for product research. Usually skip to conclusion anyways then work back if i want more details.

damn I haven't been to hardocp.com main page in a while, like forever and going directly to hardforum almost daily. I am not even joking when I say really got me little emotional and got me little teared up. No joke, might be overaction to some but it was natural given how I grew up knowing this site as a teenager and now I am fucking old lol. Hardocp was one of first review/new sites as a teenager when I got in to computers and really got me thinking of the old days and what I missed that most about this site. Even in any form I really realize how much I would appreciate the hardocp returning in any capacity. While I accepted it was gone I look forward to anything on hardocp.com and can't wait for content even if its limited. Just typing in hardocp.com felt original to me once again wow.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
FPSReview is pretty decent. I don't check it all the time, but when new hardware comes out I'll definitely read their review.

What I liked about HardOCP was that the GPU tests were done with real-world settings. Not setting everything to max on a GTX 1650 which tells you nothing.

It's good to compare different cards, but doesn't let you know what performance you will actually get if you are using it.

Also the whole "max setting" thing is e-peen. It rarely looks any better than High or Very High and just tanks performance.
The same guy using the same testing is doing the reviews on FPSReview.

have not heard of that, will take a look. thanks for the recommendation
My son helped my up my mouse game - he got me to use the Glorious mouse pad which was great, but being textured plastic, it wore out - after replacing it once, it went out of production.

The tempered glass Skypad is hard enough that it should virtually never wear out.

I have the small one - about 12"x15" - the new 3.0 will ship this month and it's about 16"x20"

Worth checking out!

Great news. I think a lot of folks will be down with this, in whatever capacity it may be.

damn I haven't been to hardocp.com main page in a while, like forever and going directly to hardforum almost daily. I am not even joking when I say really got me little emotional and got me little teared up. No joke, might be overaction to some but it was natural given how I grew up knowing this site as a teenager and now I am fucking old lol. Hardocp was one of first review/new sites as a teenager when I got in to computers and really got me thinking of the old days and what I missed that most about this site. Even in any form I really realize how much I would appreciate the hardocp returning in any capacity. While I accepted it was gone I look forward to anything on hardocp.com and can't wait for content even if its limited. Just typing in hardocp.com felt original to me once again wow.
You and me too brother!
That V64 still kicking man thanks so much for the trade back in the days. It's now worth around double too, crazy times.
Stoked Kyle is back - NO BS hardware news for the win, even if it's just sometimes, it's better than no Kyle. Hearing his tech opinion will be great if more blog-styled.

Thanks so much Kyle, we all missed the hell outta you and we are glad you are taking this trip in life :)

the greatest happening of HARDOCP.pngnda free JH.jpg

Ok, now we need threshs firingsquad, sharkyextreme, vr-zone, xbit and analadventures to comeback too

Back