Newegg is making me nervous!

jgn77

n00b
I bought a Abit AV8 from newegg last friday (12/3) and got it on wednesday (12/8). After many hours of messing with this board and posting on all sorts of forums including abit's, I decided that the board is just too damn buggy and that I don't want it anymore. I was going to return it and just take it on the chin with the 15% restocking fee and go with the tried and true MSI neo2 Platinum. Well today (12/11 4 days after recieveing the board) I went on the site to get my rma number and when I clicked on my order they are telling me that and I quote "This item is NOT REFUNDABLE, exchange for same exact item only". This is cause for concern on my part becasue I have only had this board 4 days and I can't find anywhere on their site that says that this mobo has a 7 day return policy. I know their chips do but I am under the impression that the mobos have 30 days. Heres what I pulled directly from the terms and conditions:

1. Newegg.com SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Newegg.com offers our customers a 30-day satisfaction replacement or refund guarantee on all purchases, except:

• 7-day replacement or refund guarantee on all CPUs, including refurbished processors. All other refurbished merchandise has a 15 day warranty period.
• Note: For CPU, base cost will reflect current market price, and 15% restocking fee will apply after this adjustment. Therefore, total refund is subtracting.
• Downloadable software is non-refundable.

I have sent an email to confirm this action from them. I am slightly concerned even though I've never had a problem from them and I shop from them all the time. I cant say how disappointed Ill be if I am stuck with this chinsy motherboard. Any thoughts?

Thats a shame that the board isnt working right. I havent had a single issue with mine yet.

I heard newegg just changed their policy regarding motherboards, so that they dont give a warranty with any motherboards.

Could it be because of them selling a boat load of 939 90mm Athlon 64s that for the most part would not even post. Hmmm. Im one of those people. I looked all over the web and see that there were a lot of other folks with me. My only salvation was to over pay for an Asus A8V rev2 from MicroCenter. JM2C. Luckily my RMA went through fast. This was two weeks ago.

Requiem said:
It says warrented through manufacturer only...

They dont warrenty motherboards,if you have a defective board they will replace it within 30 days with a new one of the same kind. You cant expect them to give you a different motherboard just because YOU dont like the one YOU picked anymore. Replacing it with same one is fair,after all you picked out the motherboard not them.

So what does SATISFACTION GUARANTEE mean? I am not satisfied. I guess its just a cliche to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside but doesnt mean sh*t in reality.

This, among other reasons, is why I do not buy from Newegg. I have "eaten" several boards that just are too buggy to use. I suggest Mwave.com for those purchases and their return policy is great, as well as the prices.

Another thing too is whenever buying "bleeding edge" stuff, expect problems.

jgn77 said:
So what does SATISFACTION GUARANTEE mean? I am not satisfied. I guess its just a cliche to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside but doesnt mean sh*t in reality.

It also says exchange for exact same item only,if you aren'y sure you like the board or dont think you can make it work with YOUR choice of hardware,then you should not buy it. No motherboard is GARRENTEED to work with every brand or type of hardware made.
Just because the SYSTEM is buggy doesnot necessarily mean its the motherboard and that New Egg should give you another board to try because the oneYOU picked out is isnt compatable with your hardware. You take these risks and have to be aware of that. I had a motherboard that i bought from New Egg and could not install ME on it,it would not complete the installation. It turned out to be the sound card that was causing the problem.when i removed the sound card it installed with no problem,the sound card worked in other systems i built. i bought a different card and it worked fine. Not all hardware is compatable with every motherboard. This is a fact of building your own systems so you have to accept it.

I used to send motherboards back to New Egg in exchange for a different one or just get a refund before they started their new policy.
I think you should be able to send something back if it doesn't work for you. How else are you supposed to know until you try it? Buying computer parts shouldn't be "risky" as the previous poster thinks. New motherboards are too expensive to just buy and hope it works.
Not all New Egg's motherboards have that policy. I wonder why that is. To me, it is an indication that the mobo has known problems and that people will probably be wanting to send it back. So look for other vendors that don't have this retarded "Exchange for exact item only" bullshit.

Under the title of some items you can see:

*This item is NOT RETURNABLE, exchange for exact same item only*

They have that on most sale items, motherboards, CPUs, and a few other things.

nothing to be nervous about
just file for an rma and make sure you email the sales department and explain your situation
thorougly and courteously

>I used to send motherboards back to New Egg in exchange for a different one or just get >a refund before they started their new policy.

That is exactly why they changed the policy. They probably had thousands of motherboards that people returned,some ligitamate but probably most were user error.
This where all the refurbished products come from. I imagine they had to eat a LOT of stuff before they changed the policy, i dont blame them one bit. You cant run a business like that.

I've been pretty lucky with the egg. I've only had 2 defective items out of like the 30 or more i've bought for myself and others. And the I got a replacement for the one (which has been working fine) and I needed the other part that died ASAP for a work computer, so I bought an Abit board and Best Buy and refunded the board that died. So far no problems for me. Worse comes to worse just call and explain and they're usually perceptive.

Sell the mobo on ebay or the anandtech forums or here.

Get as much as you can which is probably within the 15% restocking fee.

Buy your mobo from monarch computers as they will test it and load all the latest BIOS info and such. Before you select the mobo go to the manufacturers website and check for suggested hardware such as memory.

As to those who are NE !!!!!!s, get a grip. Newegg isn't the only answer and are not going to always be right. They sell boards 2 or 3 revisions old and can't even confirm to you which you will get. In fact they(customer support) suggest you RMA it if you get a newer version.

All that said I love Newegg for most items, just not mobos. They are like Wal-Mart not techies. They just sell in bulk and at low prices with little expertise in many cases.

A mobo is the absolute heart of the system so you need a good one and one that functions well.

IF you decide it isnt worth the hassle and want to keep the board then try these tips:

TIPS
TIP: you have to disable cool n quiet when ocing
TIP: use slots 1&2 for BH-5, 3&4 for TCCD
TIP: if you have problems with winchester cores on this board flash to bios 1.5 or newer, 1.6 is recommended by abit
TIP: disable fast writes
TIP: with the XP-120 you will NOT be able to put anything in DIMM slot #1
TIP: use the ocz ddr booster in slot #2
TIP: VTT seems to need a reboot to "re-track" after a change
TIP: this board has a very flexible pcb and a very cheap plastic plate around the cpu socket, be VERY carefull with big heatsinks and dont fasten your heatsinks too tight!
TIP: if you cant get any higher make sure all parts of the board are cooled well enough, then start increasingvnb, vsb and vldt(vht)
TIP: if you can get any higher after that try to set vlink to 4 and the ht multiplier to 4x or 3x (800mhz/600mhz)
TIP: if you have a rev1.0 pro board (the revision number is printed on a sticker close to the cpu socket)
try bios 15 and lock the bus, if it doesnt work abit will rma the board

CMAN said:
They dont warrenty motherboards,if you have a defective board they will replace it within 30 days with a new one of the same kind. You cant expect them to give you a different motherboard just because YOU dont like the one YOU picked anymore. Replacing it with same one is fair,after all you picked out the motherboard not them.
This is true gimp thinking.

A store has to stand behind their products. Or at least they should. If you order a steak at a restaurant and it tastes like crap are you gonna keep it or ask them to bring you something else? Even if it is because you didn't realize it came with say mushrooms and gravy they will bring you soemthing else because it is more important to keep happy customers for life than it is to make the 12 or so bucks one time.

Newegg often sales a customer an entire pc worth of parts. 2200.oo bucks or so on average yet you think it is good policy to say "No mobo RMA for you!!"?

And now we wonder why parts cost so much. when people return working parts it ups the cost for everybody, even with restocking fees they still eat the cost. They are standing behind their products. they will exchange the mobo for the exact same one. that says if it's defective, no problem you get a new one. by thinking that they are responsible for hardware conflicts (very rare) or boards that people just don't like (won't overclock well, doesn't seem fast enough), is like saying GM is responsible if you modify one of their cars engines and it doesn't get the power you think it should, and should give you another car.

If the mobo is buggy rma it for the same board, if it's still buggy it's not their problem. It's not their problem if they sell a fully working board. NE is doing everything they should, it's not their business to have you test mobos, but half of the people ehre seem to think so. Why don't some of you build computers and just keep rmaing parts every 29 days to get cutting edge, because that's exactly what you're describing. trading in a working part to get a different part because it didn't work how you thought it should.

Computer parts aren't in the same game as the food industry, when you buy a $120 steak and try to return it for a different entree because you didn't read the menu right i bet they just don't wisk it away and bring you anything.

bigbadgreen said:
And now we wonder why parts cost so much. when people return working parts it ups the cost for everybody, even with restocking fees they still eat the cost. They are standing behind their products. they will exchange the mobo for the exact same one. that says if it's defective, no problem you get a new one. by thinking that they are responsible for hardware conflicts (very rare) or boards that people just don't like (won't overclock well, doesn't seem fast enough), is like saying GM is responsible if you modify one of their cars engines and it doesn't get the power you think it should, and should give you another car.

If the mobo is buggy rma it for the same board, if it's still buggy it's not their problem. It's not their problem if they sell a fully working board. NE is doing everything they should, it's not their business to have you test mobos, but half of the people ehre seem to think so. Why don't some of you build computers and just keep rmaing parts every 29 days to get cutting edge, because that's exactly what you're describing. trading in a working part to get a different part because it didn't work how you thought it should.

Computer parts aren't in the same game as the food industry, when you buy a $120 steak and try to return it for a different entree because you didn't read the menu right i bet they just don't wisk it away and bring you anything.

Amen to that. People just do not realize how much it cost to process returns. I run a business and returns that are for no good reason just eat my profit margin up. If 5% of my customers give returns I have to raise my prices for the other 95% who are "playing by the rules". I basically have to throw these items away because they cannot be resold.

Of course this does not apply to defective items

I work for a retail store and with a company as big as NE they should have a rtv policy. When we sell electronics at my store that people return cause they don't like it, we can send the open box back to the company (Return to Vendor) where they then test or fix, repackage and resell. I don't blame newegg for buying a crapy abit motherboard, but they should stand behind it espcially if the offer a SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!! I mean come on. If Abit is selling motherboards that are constantly being returned cause they are buggy, NE should stop selling Abit. And besides, its not like I wanted a refund anyway. I wanted to exchange it for a MSI Neo2 platinum. But since NE doesnt do exchanges Im screwed again.

NE has been the only place I buy any electronics over the internet for so long cause I always thought they had exceptional service. I also loved the free 2 day shipping. It just seems like they were doing everything right to attract customers and now that they have them, the don't care as much. I have noticed that most items I look at now have shipping charges attached and now this. I think that maybe ill go back to pricewatching it and dealing with comapnies that at least offer lower prices along with their shitty policies.

A. why should NE have to stand behind abit's product? Their exchange is fair IMHO do your research before you buy.

B. Do you think rtv policies are free? who pays for the shipping, testing reboxing reshipping etc. the consumer just because someone got 10mhz less overclock than someother fucktard on the internet

BTW just so you know I have this board and after an inital bios issue it has been rock solid.

Well just for your information, I don't even overclock and still can't get the shitbox mobo to work right. I updated to the latest bios (17)and even went out and bought a 100 dollar antec 430 watt truepower psu and still it doesnt work. I haven't shut my computer down in 4 days cause if I do, it wont start unless i reset the bios. And even then Ill need to disable all the sensors in the uguru settings. That sounds like a quality product that I should just love and accept. This board sucks and I want my money back. Plain and simple.

And I can't imagine how many people are going to buy gifts this holiday season and give it to the person only for them to want to exchange it for something else. I guess they are gonna be fucked too and they didn't even open the box. Great policy Newegg!

Just a couple things real quick...the policy that newegg has in place is their policy, if you don't like it then you don't have to buy from them. That said, I think newegg needs to update thier policy page, as I know it states "return for same item only" on the product page, but on their terms and conditions (at least the one you pointed out) did not reflect that same policy...if that's the case then I think until they fix that they have to give the customer the benfit of the doubt and allow a return.

Abit motherboards...what a can of worms...I understand that all of the websites that most of us frequent are enthusiast sites, always trying to push the limts of what the hardware can do. And usually Abit tries to give the customer the ability to make a plethora of adjustments, but I think it is at the cost of stability and ease of setup. I have been through COUNTLESS Abit motherboards, all the way back to the good ole BE6. Trouble is they are not the type of board you stick in your box and power on and you have it ready. There are countless tweaks that need to be made out of the box, frequent BIOS updates to increase stability, incompatibilities (as mentioned in a prior post). Hell I had an old SB PCI 128 that would not work in my old Slot A Abit board until I enabled "Memory Hole 15M-16M". I found that out from a guy who had been dealing with that for 3 weeks, I gave up a week early and bought a Live! card, but Abit had no clue. When was the last time you had to use the Memory Hole setting on a motherboard? This is the main reason that I dont stock them anymore...not everyone wants to go home and spend the next two weeks getting their boxes to where they should have been out of the box. Customers puchase these boards because they see glowing reviews on the net, then they get one, try to install it and think it's broken...and well what do you tell them. Newegg i believe has dealt with this and realised that the only way around the cost expendature, is to just give people the same board so they can see that it is not a board defect but some other aspect of thier setup or config. I have to laugh at the sheer amount of Beta BIOS's I have scrounged the net for when an Abit board of mine was acting flakey. If you don't want to deal with that then buy an MSI, or Gigabyte...or all the way at the other end of the spectrum...Supermicro and Tyan. I have had issues with Gigabyte and MSI as well but nowhere near the problems I have seen over the years with Abit. Supermicro and Tyan, well not all of the added features are there, but if you want to put a board in, and have it be as stable as possible, you just can't go wrong with those guys. Hey, Abit always has great features...but for most people, myself included, Its not worth the hassle.

hardwarephreak said:
Just a couple things real quick...the policy that newegg has in place is their policy, if you don't like it then you don't have to buy from them.

What you said makes sense but after 2 hours of searching, I can't find anything that says there is no refund on this motherboard. All it says is "This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only". What the hell does that mean? Does that mean from the time it ships or after the 30 reurn policy that newegg says they offer? Or does that mean if there are defects in the board? Its so ambiguous that its sad how many people are gonne get taken. If anyone can find where it says there are no refunds on this board I would love to see it. Here's the link

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-181&depa=0

And just for clarification, I have never overclocked cpus and have owned Abit mobos since my AMD 200 mhz socket 7 days. That's why I went with the Abit even though everyone on these forums reccomends the MSI Neo2 Platinum.

Allthough Im a European and therefore don't shop at NE I have to say that some things here klings very familiar. I have had ABits MoBos as well and as hardwarephreak stated they have always demanded a TON of tweaking (and the ones with VIA-chipsets even more). So if you want the absolute best performance you can chance it with ABit bc they have all the options. But if you want a simple setup, compatibility and a moderate OC DONT Abit!! This means that customers that are geeky enough to read this forum should know this bc. this ain't news, sorry but you get no understanding from me in the case of your stated issue.

However U (jgn77) seems to be reasonably good with Hardware and you also seems to have tried the most ways to get it working. Do one more thing.

Remove everything xcept the RAM CPU HD & graphic (do a really basic setup) and try some tweking. If it doesn't work RMA it for another of the same it might be a bad quality sample that U have.

Ugh. It has a VIA chipset, what did you expect? They've put out nothing but buggy crap for the last decade.

Actually There is also a Known Compatibillity issue with the AV8 and Antec PSU's. Most people that run these AV8 boards are people that are looking to Oc pretty heavy. Lots of tweeking and setting to do so. I have one and I love it. The first one I had I got from new egg and it had an issue with a cyclic reboot. I RMA'ed the board with new egg they sent me a new one and it did it again. Turns out its not a problem with the board but an issue with the PSU. I can also tell you that the VIA chips of today are nothing like the ones from yesterday. The VIA chipset on the new 939 platforms are running right along with the Nvidia chips. Other known Issues are 90nm processors and lack of BIOS update. But not just Abit either.MSI, ASUS and the list goes on. Maybe there is nothing wrong with the board at all. You havent mentioned one thing about what the symptoms or problems are. In fact it seems that you have thrown in the towel and just wanna play musical MOBO at someone elses expense. Quit complaning about new egg and try to fix the real problem!!Heck on another thread on this forum someone couldnt get their machine to boot and had problems. blamed the MOBO and it Turned out to be that he forgot to plug in the power molex on his video card. maybe you have a ram problem or who knows.

As far as the Egg. I cant see where this is their problem. Big difference from this industry to any other. Anyone that thinks that they can compare it to food or anything else is dead wrong. Have any Idea how many warranties supplyers like New egg and the such get back that are bullshit and the the manufacture gets them some they eat some the egg eats. Then people Complain about the rising costs. AND if anyone thinks its Just New Egg, Better Think again. Monarch, and the whole slew of them are no better. I know I have tried with others and things happen. But that doesnt mean they are shit. One time they cant do what you want. What about all the other times they got it right or took excellent care of you and it sounds like they have for some time. Many times of good service compared to one time of what you cant have and you wanna hate. Doesnt sound right to me. What if the roles were reversed wouldnt you want to have someone remeber all those good times. Also remember times change and so do policies. They have to for Bussinesses to survive.

The Captin

jterrell said:
This is true gimp thinking.

A store has to stand behind their products. Or at least they should. If you order a steak at a restaurant and it tastes like crap are you gonna keep it or ask them to bring you something else? Even if it is because you didn't realize it came with say mushrooms and gravy they will bring you soemthing else because it is more important to keep happy customers for life than it is to make the 12 or so bucks one time.

Newegg often sales a customer an entire pc worth of parts. 2200.oo bucks or so on average yet you think it is good policy to say "No mobo RMA for you!!"?
Well that clearly doesn't work because unlike the restaurant making the steak as it were, newegg just sends you a motherboard off the shelf. It requires no "preparation."

i hear ya man.

i have an abit kv8 pro and i hate it. im going to swtich to asus as soon as the holidays are over (buying gifts for everyone).

i will never buy anything from newegg that says warranty through manufacturer only. it is a red flag to me.

This has me worried. I read that it meant you could get a refund. Sounds like someone getting ripped off. Time to shop elsewhere. Noticed they've been rasing the prices lately too.

Captin Insano said:
As far as the Egg. I cant see where this is their problem. Big difference from this industry to any other. Anyone that thinks that they can compare it to food or anything else is dead wrong. Have any Idea how many warranties supplyers like New egg and the such get back that are bullshit and the the manufacture gets them some they eat some the egg eats. Then people Complain about the rising costs. AND if anyone thinks its Just New Egg, Better Think again. Monarch, and the whole slew of them are no better. I know I have tried with others and things happen. But that doesnt mean they are shit. One time they cant do what you want. What about all the other times they got it right or took excellent care of you and it sounds like they have for some time. Many times of good service compared to one time of what you cant have and you wanna hate. Doesnt sound right to me. What if the roles were reversed wouldnt you want to have someone remeber all those good times. Also remember times change and so do policies. They have to for Bussinesses to survive.

The Captin

Here's why I see it as their problem. In the terms and conditions policy it clearly states that they offer a satisfaction guarantee for 30 days on everything cept CPUs. That means that even if the product works correctly, I can still return it cause I'm not happy. Now clearly people would not frivously return items for no reason because of the 15 percent restocking fee. In this case I am so disappoinyed in this board that I am willing to take the 16.65 hit from the restocking fee plus the 2 dollars in shipping i originally paid plus the cost of shipping and insurance that it will cost me to get it back to them. So it would look like I will end up eating about 23 dollars on a 111 dollar motherboard. Clearly if I am willing to lose that kind of money on this purchase I am not just doing it cause I can't get an extra 10 mhz like someone refered to earlier. I have been buiding PCs for about 8 years dating back to the 486 days and I think I have a good understanding of how a mobo should work and what kind of probelms I should and shouldn't have to deal with.

Getting back to why this case is the Egg's pronblem. its very easy. They offer a 30 day return policy but DON'T SAY THIS MOTHERBOARD IS NOT RETURNABLE! Period. That is shady dealings and even though I have never had a problem with them before, This rubs me the wrong way. Im not wanting them to bend or break the rules cause they breaking a rule that they didn't even tell me about. All I know is if they don't take this back, I won't be able to shop with them again. How will I know that this won't happen again? I clearly couldn't.

Actually the 10 mhz statement was not aimed directly at you but meant more as a general statement. Just an fyi.

jgn77, if you haven't contacted newegg and asked them about the discrepancy that you think is there with their return policy, stop complaining about it. If you think that they misrepresented something, tell them that and see what happens. I can understand that you are frustrated but bitching on this forum is not likely to get you sympathy or a solution.

jgn77 said:
I bought a Abit AV8 from newegg last friday (12/3) and got it on wednesday (12/8). After many hours of messing with this board and posting on all sorts of forums including abit's, I decided that the board is just too damn buggy and that I don't want it anymore. I was going to return it and just take it on the chin with the 15% restocking fee and go with the tried and true MSI neo2 Platinum. Well today (12/11 4 days after recieveing the board) I went on the site to get my rma number and when I clicked on my order they are telling me that and I quote "This item is NOT REFUNDABLE, exchange for same exact item only". This is cause for concern on my part becasue I have only had this board 4 days and I can't find anywhere on their site that says that this mobo has a 7 day return policy. I know their chips do but I am under the impression that the mobos have 30 days. Heres what I pulled directly from the terms and conditions:

1. Newegg.com SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Newegg.com offers our customers a 30-day satisfaction replacement or refund guarantee on all purchases, except:

• 7-day replacement or refund guarantee on all CPUs, including refurbished processors. All other refurbished merchandise has a 15 day warranty period.
• Note: For CPU, base cost will reflect current market price, and 15% restocking fee will apply after this adjustment. Therefore, total refund is subtracting.
• Downloadable software is non-refundable.

I have sent an email to confirm this action from them. I am slightly concerned even though I've never had a problem from them and I shop from them all the time. I cant say how disappointed Ill be if I am stuck with this chinsy motherboard. Any thoughts?
Frankly, I think this entire post is B.S. The "tried and true" Neo Platinum has had as many or MORE issues than Abit or Asus. Had you read the policy, you would see that newegg has had that for a while because there are enthusiasts who have no qualms about returning a board because it doesn't oc well, user error. etc. I get so SICK of people like this. If it is buggy than try a later bios revision or return it for a new one. The day MSI makes boards remotely on a consistent quality level as Asus and Abit will be a cold day in hell.

I will bet this is the truth: You read a few OC sites and aren't happy with your overclock with the K8T800 Pro and want to try the MSI board (as an NFS3ultra) to see if you can get that massive overclock that people say they can get.

jgn77 said:
Here's why I see it as their problem. In the terms and conditions policy it clearly states that they offer a satisfaction guarantee for 30 days on everything cept CPUs. That means that even if the product works correctly, I can still return it cause I'm not happy. Now clearly people would not frivously return items for no reason because of the 15 percent restocking fee. In this case I am so disappoinyed in this board that I am willing to take the 16.65 hit from the restocking fee plus the 2 dollars in shipping i originally paid plus the cost of shipping and insurance that it will cost me to get it back to them. So it would look like I will end up eating about 23 dollars on a 111 dollar motherboard. Clearly if I am willing to lose that kind of money on this purchase I am not just doing it cause I can't get an extra 10 mhz like someone refered to earlier. I have been buiding PCs for about 8 years dating back to the 486 days and I think I have a good understanding of how a mobo should work and what kind of probelms I should and shouldn't have to deal with.

Getting back to why this case is the Egg's pronblem. its very easy. They offer a 30 day return policy but DON'T SAY THIS MOTHERBOARD IS NOT RETURNABLE! Period. That is shady dealings and even though I have never had a problem with them before, This rubs me the wrong way. Im not wanting them to bend or break the rules cause they breaking a rule that they didn't even tell me about. All I know is if they don't take this back, I won't be able to shop with them again. How will I know that this won't happen again? I clearly couldn't.

Only problem with this is, if a product doesn't work right and is defective then it is a warranty that should be handled by the manufacturer. New Egg states this on there web site under the applicble items. All you cry babies need to learn how to build.

CMAN said:
Only problem with this is, if a product doesn't work right and is defective then it is a warrenty that should be handled by the manufacturer. New Egg states this on there web site under the applicble items. All you cry babies need to learn how to build.

I couldnt agree more!! He still hasnt said exactly whats wrong with it or what it symptoms are!! and just cause hes been doin it for 8 years doesnt mean squat hell I have double that experince and that dont mean crap. Anything is possible with changing technologies! hell Im having to learn how to overclock all over again cause A64 and FX cpus do it so differently. New egg is a distributor not the manufacuture. Be lucky they will RMA it for another AV8. And its no one elses fault if you didnt read the print before ordering it.Welcome to bleeding edge enthusiast pc's.

operaman said:
I get so SICK of people like this. If it is buggy than try a later bios revision or return it for a new one. The day MSI makes boards remotely on a consistent quality level as Asus and Abit will be a cold day in hell.

I would have to agree, being a vedor myself, sometimes it can get on your nerves and the costs can be quite high...it's not pretty to look at the profit and loss statement and see the returns and how much it is costing you...ouch.

But then again, it's about setting your customers expectations correctly and how willing you are to satisfy your customer. Some people will take anything back, some people have the strictest return policies I have ever seen. Most times, the places with the best prices are the ones with the worst retun policies (not exchange policies)

But on you statement about MSI...I'll give you that Asus may put out a more stable board on occasion, but man seriously Abit...no way, you just have to do too much out of the box to get those things working properly. I think if you asked people to be honest, they did end up happy with thier Abits, but they also would tell you they spent quite a bit of time updating and stabilizing to get there.

hardwarephreak said:
operaman said:
I get so SICK of people like this. If it is buggy than try a later bios revision or return it for a new one. The day MSI makes boards remotely on a consistent quality level as Asus and Abit will be a cold day in hell.QUOTE]

I know the gigagytes may bot be as glamourous as the other 939, but what in everyones opinion is the most stable 939 board right now?

rolo said:
Ugh. It has a VIA chipset, what did you expect? They've put out nothing but buggy crap for the last decade.

I second that one. In my experince abit + VIA = Crap. I have owned abit motherboards only since my PII days. If my math is correct I have had 12 abit boards. Out of all of them I have had problems with 2 of the boards. Both those boards were the only VIA chipset boards that I have owned. It seems more than a coincidence to me.

More on subject, I say either ebay the board; or rma it straight back to Abit.

Captin Insano said:
I couldnt agree more!! He still hasnt said exactly whats wrong with it or what it symptoms are!! and just cause hes been doin it for 8 years doesnt mean squat hell I have double that experince and that dont mean crap. Anything is possible with changing technologies! hell Im having to learn how to overclock all over again cause A64 and FX cpus do it so differently. New egg is a distributor not the manufacuture. Be lucky they will RMA it for another AV8. And its no one elses fault if you didnt read the print before ordering it.Welcome to bleeding edge enthusiast pc's.

HE DID SAY IT

Stop being an ass

Well just for your information, I don't even overclock and still can't get the shitbox mobo to work right. I updated to the latest bios (17)and even went out and bought a 100 dollar antec 430 watt truepower psu and still it doesnt work. I haven't shut my computer down in 4 days cause if I do, it wont start unless i reset the bios. And even then Ill need to disable all the sensors in the uguru settings. That sounds like a quality product that I should just love and accept. This board sucks and I want my money back. Plain and simple.

Back