• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Newegg is huge

rcf1987

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
3,759
I was watching TV and I saw a TV commercial for Newegg they must be getting big, of course they are the best online store in exsistince go EGG.
 
which charge sales tax in CA....

I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes :)
 
Never seen an egg commercial yet.... :) Hopefully with advertising now they wont raise their prices...
 
rcf1987 said:
I was watching TV and I saw a TV commercial for Newegg they must be getting big, of course they are the best online store in exsistince go EGG.

There was a poll at Techreport asking where ppl got their stuff - it was like 90+% newegg. They're massive - advertising on the web and in print mags etc.
 
I have never seen a new egg TV commercial, so ... was it anything like the web page banner ad?
 
Mysticcal said:
which charge sales tax in CA....

I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes :)
QFT

I loves the monarch, z-buy, and if I have to buy local, Fry's. :p
 
The tv commercial was like a guy walking his dog he turns and sees a huge plasma tv in a house and grins. Then a voice says from motherboards to plasmas (something to that effect) and it shows the actual website front page with amd cpus and videocards and then it has the 3 eggs roll into place with the slogan once you know, you newegg.
 
I made the same thread about my genitals.

j/k, nah but really I liked newegg much better when they were smaller and didnt sell toasters and had decent prices.
 
NEWEGG is great, very great I love them....
Oh wait, I can't use them because I live in Canada...
I call BS on NEWEGG!
Hello Egg, its not India, its a country directly north or where ever you are in the states
 
Majin said:
NEWEGG is great, very great I love them....
Oh wait, I can't use them because I live in Canada...
I call BS on NEWEGG!
Hello Egg, its not India, its a country directly north or where ever you are in the states

ha ha
 
They're too big, it's probably not within the realm of possibility for them to remain as good as they were and still be as large as they have become but they've really slipped over the last year. I have much better luck these days shopping from smaller retailers than from the egg. I bought a 3-4 pin connecter and 2 gigs of ram from them this week though because I need stuff quick and they're the only place that has it in stock or will ship to my address. Can't believe I paid 5 dollars shipping for a $1 connector though...
 
Are you serious? I saw Newegg commericals looong ago. When egg was new.
 
rcf1987 said:
I was watching TV and I saw a TV commercial for Newegg they must be getting big, of course they are the best online store in exsistince go EGG.
may i say a little too much tv?
 
Mysticcal said:
which charge sales tax in CA....

I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes :)
Except im in GA, so thats no good ;) NEWEGG FTW.
 
peacetilence said:
They're too big, it's probably not within the realm of possibility for them to remain as good as they were and still be as large as they have become but they've really slipped over the last year. I have much better luck these days shopping from smaller retailers than from the egg. I bought a 3-4 pin connecter and 2 gigs of ram from them this week though because I need stuff quick and they're the only place that has it in stock or will ship to my address. Can't believe I paid 5 dollars shipping for a $1 connector though...
I never buy little piddly stuff online anyway, its much easier to pickup connectors/adapters/fans from little local stores and pay the extremely low 5% tax on it. Items that I either can't easily obtain locally or are 50-60+ I go for online.
 
Mysticcal said:
which charge sales tax in CA....

I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes :)

amen bro...

monarch + no tax in CA for teh win
 
skudmunky said:
I've seen a Newegg billboard. Pretty darned big. And pretty cool!

Where?? Please dont say out in the middle of nowhere driving on one of them country roads
 
Newegg is getting pretty big.... and HEY!! Look thats a newegg advert above :p
 
Newegg's Prices arent that great anymore. But there Customer Service/Prompt shipping is eggcellent.. :p

on topic - I see there billboards all the time in Orange County.
 
I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes



It took 9 days for Monarch to get me my mouse....I live in Florida. Yah, Memphis isn't between Georgia and Florida Fedex.
 
Cant say anything bad about the egg. I have been doing alot of shopping lately on Buy.com, they offer FAST and safe shipping :)

I too hope the commercials dont affect their prices thou!
 
I don't see why everyone say the egg is too big. Regardless of how big they are, they still give you two day shipping (usually), have a great selection, and the prices are pretty good also. To me it's worth the extra $10 or so that newegg charges above everyone else to get super-fast shipping and such a great selection. Take Monarch for example, they have terrible selection on some things like heatsinks or modding supplies. Newegg has great selection in everything.
 
rcf1987 said:
I was watching TV and I saw a TV commercial for Newegg they must be getting big, of course they are the best online store in exsistince go EGG.

the bigger it will get the less deals you will find @ egg. but the only thing i like about egg is their order processing and shipping.
 
Mysticcal said:
which charge sales tax in CA....

I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes :)

i ordered from monarch on monday and they take so long to ship..i like neweggs 3 dollar thing that ships same day.
 
Newegg and Zipzoomfly are the only places I do my computer shopping I rarely buy any where else. Monarch and Fry's doesn't come close in selection or prices except for occasional deals. If you ask me a Zipzoomfly Newegg merger would put everyone else out of buisness Zipzoomfly's shipping service along with its selection with Newegg's all around greatness is a win win situation. Froogle is also a good way to shop.
 
IceWind said:
Zipzoomfly is starting to rape them in pricing.

Been going with Zip for the past year and I have to say that they are just as good as Newegg most of the time. I still get stuff from the Egg but my main purchases are from ZZF.
 
i live pretty much 5min away from t3h 3GG, or should i say ABS COMPUTERS?!?!?!? :eek:

hehe, yeah for those of you who are wondering, abs computers and newegg are the same company. oh yeah newegg's fast shipping has gotten a bit slower. usually i can order a package in the morning, have it processed and shipped in the afternoon, and receive it next day. however, recently they've been taking an extra day to ship it to me. tsk tsk :mad:
 
Mwave.com is also awesome my first stop when purchasing pc parts.
 
Volume said:
Are you serious? I saw Newegg commericals looong ago. When egg was new.
^^^^^^^
air2k5 said:
may i say a little too much tv?

----

I use whichever is cheapest, Newegg, ZipZoomFly, and Monarch. It doesn't really matter to me if I get something +/- 3 days of when I would from somewhere else. How much does a day matter? Price is more important to me.

O yea, and occasionally I'll get something from somewhere else if it is significantly cheaper. Like a PSU from case-mod.com, and a CPU from eWiz.com
 
Newegg has given me all Refurbished items in my last 2 orders. Needless to say, I will NEVER order from them again. I ordered a 3000+ Venice, a Jetway 210 GDMS, and an XCLIO 450 Watt PSU. I paid more for retail, and got poorly taken care of refurbished items. The 3000+ was obviously tampered with, because the previous owner had basically chipped every side of the IHS.

They werent even the cheapest either. I was paying for the newegg name, and got a total piece of shit.
 
Russ said:
^^^^^^^


----

I use whichever is cheapest, Newegg, ZipZoomFly, and Monarch. It doesn't really matter to me if I get something +/- 3 days of when I would from somewhere else. How much does a day matter? Price is more important to me.

O yea, and occasionally I'll get something from somewhere else if it is significantly cheaper. Like a PSU from case-mod.com, and a CPU from eWiz.com
OH god, not zipzoomfly i just simply hate them.....
 
I ordered a TV Tuner from newegg last week on thursday, I paid extra for rush processing....the item didn't ship until 1AM on Sat :rolleyes: I sent a complaint to them and they refunded my rush processing and my shipping. Its good that they refunded my shipping because I was going to complain to them about UPS.

Basically the item shipped by UPS on sat, so that is the first day, then monday would be the second, tues the third, wed 4th, thurs 5th..... anyways, UPS said the item is expected to be delivered on friday?!? With 3 day shipping they say it is "ON TIME" and to be delivered on Friday? Not to mention UPS is falsifying their tracking...thats right they are cheating on their tracking. The package originally said it was scanned and departed New Jersey on Sat. evening on route to Roanoke. Then I check yesterday and it changed from 9/3 to 9/6 scanned and departed NJ on route to Roanoke :rolleyes:


Bottom Line, Newegg doesn't ship as fast anymore, and dont take their new UPS shipping option because UPS is dirty cheating bastards who wont honor the shipping method you pay for.
 
Apparently getting big means they now get to rape you for shipping and refuse to replace and even allow returns on many items. Zipzoomfly is far better imo.
 
Back
Top