Newegg is huge

DangerIsGo said:
Where?? Please dont say out in the middle of nowhere driving on one of them country roads

In my area, Hacienda Heights on Valley Blvd there are a few NewEgg billboards.
 
air2k5 said:
OH god, not zipzoomfly i just simply hate them.....

Why? I bought $1k worth of pc parts from them never having used them before and got 2 free games, the cheapest price I could find on the net and free 2 day shipping. They're way better than newegg IMO. I would have bought my 2 gigs of ram from them had they carried it. Newegg has become homogenized and sterile. They're no longer the best at anything like prices, shipping, return policies, ect. They're the most well known but that doesn't equal best. People are like sheep so they just go with whatever the other sheep recommend.


Also I got the quickest service and cheapest price ever from store recommendations from this board. Smaller companies like Sidewindercomputer and Gogamer.com completely blow newegg away as far as service and price.
 
Dr. X said:
Apparently getting big means they now get to rape you for shipping and refuse to replace and even allow returns on many items. Zipzoomfly is far better imo.


esactly - i think they are growing too fast they cant hire good people and their structure is going to hell in a computer case!


As said, just cause they are big, doesnt mean they are the best - McD's isnt the best - even though they are #1 it seems.


It is all about marketing - newegg did it righ when they started and followed good with steady prices, but now with their price gauging people have seen - rumours about prices being cheaper for those who shop their more etc - i think they are becoming to corprate and only see $$$$$ now - not quality.
 
Erasmus354 said:
I Basically the item shipped by UPS on sat, so that is the first day, then monday would be the second, tues the third, wed 4th, thurs 5th..... anyways, UPS said the item is expected to be delivered on friday?!? With 3 day shipping they say it is "ON TIME" and to be delivered on Friday? Not to mention UPS is falsifying their tracking...thats right they are cheating on their tracking. The package originally said it was scanned and departed New Jersey on Sat. evening on route to Roanoke. Then I check yesterday and it changed from 9/3 to 9/6 scanned and departed NJ on route to Roanoke :rolleyes:


Unfortunately UPS dosen't offer "3 day shipping".....they have regular ground, 2 day air, next day air, and next day air saturday delivery.

Most of my vendors ship UPS.......and even for those in Atlanta that usually arrive next day simply due to proximity, next day service is not guaranteed for ground shipping. Not defending UPS mind you....we refer to them at my shop as Unreliable Parcel Service.
 
Ok to make things quick i did Find: tigerdirect, nothing does nobody shop there or what. I dont myself but the fact i didnt find any mention of it seems weird. Anyways i started my online shopping with newegg bout' a year ago, havent had any problems thus' far. Im sticking with newegg, until they really go down and i realize there are better options out there.
 
DangerIsGo said:
Where?? Please dont say out in the middle of nowhere driving on one of them country roads

Saw the billboard right in the middle of downtown boston, near the south bay mall. I was like "w00t! newegg rocks!"
 
I saw one about a month ago....

"From the mother of TVs to motherboards...newegg.com"

kindof corney really.
 
Mysticcal said:
which charge sales tax in CA....

I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes :)

Whoa...I don't mean to take this thread off topic, but I'm in Ventura too! Crazy! :D

And yes, it does make me sad that they charge tax in CA.
 
I'm in CA, after my latest system, I'm going strictly Newegg. Monarch isn't bad, but the egg is so much faster shipping out parts, plus I get the parts in a day or two without having to pay extra for shipping. The last thing I ordered was some RAM which the tracking said I wouldn't get until Monday, and FedEx showed up with it on the Friday before. Plus I've had a good return experience with them in the past.
 
Good to hear Newegg is getting bigger. I hope their excellent customer support, order processing, and shipping doesn't suffer though. I for one, have been swayed over by them. Although I have had bad experiences with monarch, tiger direct (double yuck), and directron, newegg has been great to me. Even the one time when they screwed up my order, they made it right by overnighting the correct order. If you catch them right, the prices can be pretty good. Even at decent pricing, I would rather pay an extra few bucks for a peace of mind rather than ordering from monarch. Monarch screwed up on the two orders I made with them, the only two and the last two. They did not even bother to apologize nor try to make it right. Instead, they took the, "um, your stuffs are not in even though we said they were before you ordered. Oops sorry, can't do anything about it but we will lie to you about potential arrival dates to keep you waiting...." Just thinking about monarch and I have bad cold shivers....never again...
Go newegg.
 
Mad Machinist said:
Unfortunately UPS dosen't offer "3 day shipping".....they have regular ground, 2 day air, next day air, and next day air saturday delivery.

Most of my vendors ship UPS.......and even for those in Atlanta that usually arrive next day simply due to proximity, next day service is not guaranteed for ground shipping. Not defending UPS mind you....we refer to them at my shop as Unreliable Parcel Service.

Well UPS offers 3 day shipping with newegg...newegg just added UPS shipping and one of the options was UPS 3 day, which was 2 cents cheaper than fed ex 3 day.
 
There's a Newegg billboard in Cambridge, Mass. pretty close to Harvard. Suprisingly, I haven't seen any near MIT.
 
ZZF has gotten most of my business for the last 1.5 years. I bought a lot of stuff from Newegg, and occasionally still do, but ZZF has them beat with pricing and shipping speed/quality. I'll especially NEVER buy hard drives from Newegg again, their packing of OEM drives is shamefull.
 
peacetilence said:
Also I got the quickest service and cheapest price ever from store recommendations from this board. Smaller companies like Sidewindercomputer and Gogamer.com completely blow newegg away as far as service and price.

QFT

I can get a Thermalright XP-90C with some 3.5g AS5, and a high speed 92mm Panaflo for about $63 at Sidewinder, while the heatsink alone is about $63 at Newegg (plus there's taxes for CA peeps like me).

I'm not dogging Newegg for overpricing though. A lot of their stuff is usually the best price for me, despite being having taxes in CA. Even when another store I haven't heard of offers a better price, if the difference between them and Newegg is a few dollars, I'd go with Newegg anyway.
 
IceWind said:
Zipzoomfly is starting to rape them in pricing.

Yeah ZZF is starting to "replace" newegg as my main source of pc parts. I got my new motherboard and X2 3800 from them for $460 :D ZZF also has great shipping like newegg. Don't get me wrong newegg and ZZF are pretty equal in terms of quality, shipping, customer service, etc. ZZF just has really competitive pricing though, you'll often see them as the cheapest RELIABLE seller on pricewatch
 
Majin said:
NEWEGG is great, very great I love them....
Oh wait, I can't use them because I live in Canada...
I call BS on NEWEGG!
Hello Egg, its not India, its a country directly north or where ever you are in the states

They're planning on going public and releasing an IPO sometime this fall or early next year. Plans are to expand to Canada and China.
 
DangerIsGo said:
Never seen an egg commercial yet.... :) Hopefully with advertising now they wont raise their prices...

The egg is partially sponsoring the upcoming superbowl, I thought.
 
i figure--now that there on nasdec or whatever stock-exchange they'll go down the shitter .

i remember when the egg was usually the cheepest--super fast service oriented and lacked the tiger direct gimmicks and rip-offs.

now they offer the same rip-off citibank CC deal as TD ? the prices seem to have gotten higher than allmost everybody--even TD's ?

in 1999 i bought allmost 100% from the egg now i'm getting about 50% and it's a down trend .

the bigger they get-- the more it seems that i look elsewhere. :eek:
 
I also have been doing alot of buying from ZZF. Their shipping isn't as fast because things take 2-3 days to process and pack before it ships, newegg usually ships the same or next day. However, ZZF has been stomping the egg in prices. Things are cheaper as it is, and there is free shipping. The one thing I really like about the egg though is RMAs. ZZF only gives you a month, newegg is longer. I am not sure how long but they RMAed a DFI NF4 after me hanging onto it for three months. I like that because their RMA is very fast. Some companies have crappy slow RMA, so should I have to send something back i'd much rather it be through newegg than the mfr.

That said.... what in the world does this have to do with video cards? Why is this not in general hardware or something...
 
MrGuvernment said:
AND dont forget the ****Free 2-Day Shipping***** on EVERYTHING
Yes assuming you can get to their website. Here is what is currently posted there.
Dear ZipZoomFly Shoppers,

Our website is not available at the moment. Please check back in 2 hours or less, and we look forward to serving you then!

ZipZoomFly

I don't recall ever seeing that on Newegg. ;)
 
jkrafcik said:
There's a Newegg billboard in Cambridge, Mass. pretty close to Harvard. Suprisingly, I haven't seen any near MIT.

Yea I saw that too, didnt believe it at first, was surprised to see it. Is that the one by the galleria mall? Cuz thats where i saw it.
 
They've been showing Newegg commercials on G4/TechTV for a long time.... :p
 
i've seen newegg down several times before as well . most of the time things like that are for normal repairs and updates. :eek:
 
I never have liked the fact that Newegg charges you full shipping on EVERY item in your order. 99% of the other stores do not do this.

Newegg is still good to buy single items from, but they are no longer the great store they used to be for low prices.

One other thing, you can not rely on the customer reviews for their products. Because Newegg censors them heavily and only posts the ones which won't make the product look bad. I know this for a fact because they have not posted a couple of my reviews which were negative about a product. At least Amazon.com allows negative reviews for the stuff they sell, and they even have a better return policy than Newegg.
 
tc17 said:
Newegg is still good to buy single items from, but they are no longer the great store they used to be for low prices.

One other thing, you can not rely on the customer reviews for their products. Because Newegg censors them heavily and only posts the ones which won't make the product look bad. I know this for a fact because they have not posted a couple of my reviews which were negative about a product. At least Amazon.com allows negative reviews for the stuff they sell, and they even have a better return policy than Newegg.
QFT and
QFT
 
Puterguru said:
Yes assuming you can get to their website. Here is what is currently posted there.
Dear ZipZoomFly Shoppers,

Our website is not available at the moment. Please check back in 2 hours or less, and we look forward to serving you then!

ZipZoomFly

I don't recall ever seeing that on Newegg. ;)

yup, newegg just lags out and gives a page not found error :)
 
I like Newegg, ZZF, Mwave. Newegg might get too big but when you're that successful what do you expect to happen. I think they're taking the company public, I'd love to get some of that IPO.

Monarch might have made the list, if they answered their fucking phone and gave full refunds for defective parts instead of charging a 15% restocking fee. Are they going to restock the DOA motherboard? I certainly hope not.

They have an 800 number for sales that rings until the phone company disconnects you half the time (like 12 rings) and picks up on the last ring before that happens the other half. They have a toll number for parts support that goes right into a voice mailbox that's always full. Never again Monarch, never again. Oh yea, their domain is blacklisted for spam by my ISP so they couldn't even return my emails.

Newegg allows me to do an online rma or call them and talk to a professional support person and they answer the phone when it rings.

Hands down, best online computer store for many years now.
 
Newegg now offers UPS shipping. Now you can have Brown destroy your new toys before you get them.
 
Newegg has 850+ employees across the country. A lot of people dont know they have a huge east coast warehouse. Not everything gets shipped from CA. My last order was 100% shipped from New Jersey. :)
 
bokchoy said:
Look for Newegg in Canada possibly as soon as next month.

U serious bokchoy?? You're in BC right?? I remember you from 3dfiles.... :)

Anyhow, that would rock...

QJ
 
I've got to say, I'm a diehard newegg fan. Not because they're popular, but because I've spent a lot of money there, and they've shipped me a lot of parts and have been very pleased with all of my orders. I've only had trouble with a couple of them, and they definately made good on them. Always gave me an RMA with no fuss and even refunded my shipping when I asked for it. I live on Long Island, NY and there is no real alternative to online shopping out here for computer parts. We have a MicroCenter, but they are grossly overpriced (they had a 6800GT for $629 two weeks ago). Newegg gets parts to me in 24 hours after i order. Prices may be a few dollars cheaper sometimes, but buying from someone i KNOW will treat me right if i have a problem is worth the couple dollars I could have saved somewhere else. Besides, it's not like they're OVERpriced, which is a big difference.

I've read a handful of horror stories from other online dealers about being charged a restocking fee on DOA merchandise and other nonsense. If someone tried to charge me a restocking fee for something that arrived defective, I think i'd file a complaint with the BBB if they refused to work with me on it. Whatever price you might get from that, it's not worth it to lose 15% on a defective part. That's $60 plus shipping if you bought, for example, an x2 3800+ for $399. No thanks.
 
Yes. Newegg is getting huge. However since then, they've jacked up prices on shipping and prices in general. I first noticed they were getting big when I saw the print adds. Which were very clever. Somewhere along the lines of "Once you kow, you newegg." WHich is how most people who shop online do it. They go to bestbuy or some other store. Then go home and order it far cheaper online. I also noticed it when they started selling appliances. Who do they think they are? Amazon?
 
I'm not loyal to any particular web store - but Monarch, Newegg, and Zipzoomfly are my favorite.

E-Wiz has low prices but they're not exactly consumer friendly.
 
Mysticcal said:
which charge sales tax in CA....

I like monarch PC more since it's in GA and has about the same or even better prices sometimes :)


QFT

Oh yeah....... and, I noticed on a banner ad yesterday Newegg was advertising a Sharp 37" LCD tv (37D7U) for $4299.00 What a total RIPOFF. I didn't even bother to check what they wanted for shipping. I got mine at DTVCity online for $3100.00. Hell, even Fry's B&M had the tv cheaper than Newegg, something like 3999.00
 
i've seen the commercials! did you know that windows this os we using, belongs to the most rich person on this planet?
 
Monarch is local for me... so, of course, I prefer it over newegg .. since I can just get in my car and be at monarch in 30 - 40 minutes instead of having to wait days - sometimes almost a week for merchandise ordered online.. and pray that fed ex or UPS doesn't break my order ...
 
monarch would be godly for me, but their shipping time takes forever. 4 days for a retail product. i really like newegg but the tax kills it hard. $40 bucks is alot of money if u dont have it for tax
 
With all the good praise ZZF has been getting i think i might need to place a few orders there. I have always shopped with newegg, mainly because they have never treated me wrong before.
 
Back
Top