Newegg has stopped showing shipping cost of items

scotthp

n00b
I know a lot of you guys use Newegg...

I just noticed that they changed their policy of displaying product shipping charges up-front. A lot of people appreciated seeing actual cost of items without having to put an item in a cart just to figure real costs. Newegg always has been "one of the good guys" and this just seems to be another sign that they are slipping more to the darkside...

They announced this change (which is already in
effect) on their EggXpert forum. (can comment with registration)
Link: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/414689.aspx

They do say they are open to feedback, so maybe if they hear enough
from the people they will change course.

Newegg Customer-service phone, fax, and e-mail
Phone: 800-390-1119
Fax: 909-395-9046
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 7:00am-5:30pm PST

Thought you might want the heads up,

Scott Abing

I noticed that last night. thought it was some kind of glitch.

Yeah that was one of my favorite features of the egg... besides the prices!

Before you guys write off NewEgg as "another lost cause," you should look to see if they've started to raise shipping costs (and reduce the number of free shipping items) as well.

If they're going that route -- and you have actual proof -- then by all means, rant away.

Maybe because showing shipping for solitary items became less meaningful when most people purchased more than one item?

I never purchase more than 1 item from them anymore anyway. Especially Fans or small items like that. Paying more for shipping per fan than what the fan costs is rediculous in the first place.

When I purchase more than 1 item, it's almost always from ZZF. They seem to calculate your shipping charge based on total items/weight instead of say, $6 or $8 per item like Newegg has done.

Not a big deal.

They still indicate which items have free shipping. Just on the others it doesn't list the base cost up front.

Not a big deal.

They still indicate which items have free shipping. Just on the others it doesn't list the base cost up front.

Yeah it seems if its free shipping they still tell you and if they don't then you're paying. It merely does not tell you upfront. However, as much as we do business with the egg we should almost have their shipping costs memorized.

They used to just add shipping prices together, so that you would get screwed if you ordered multiple items. IE order two items with $5 shipping each and they used to charge $10. Perhaps they removed this now because they have stopped doing that and thus it would be inaccurate to have that information there?

No sadly they still have cumulative shipping charges no multi product discount

Dear Customers,

This is an issue that has been brought up to upper management and rest assured it is being looked into. We sincerely apologize and understand your anger. Customer Service is our number one priority here at Newegg and if for any reason a customer is upset we try and make things right as soon as possible. I can honestly say that our customer service department is one of the best. If any of you have any issues you can contact me personally either by PM, email at [email protected] or by telephone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 and I will be more than happy to hear you out and assist you in the best way possible.

Classy response. I still like use and support newegg. These days 2 times out of 3 its where I'll go and find what I'm looking for. For better or for worse, 3-4 years ago that stat was 9 out of 10 then. Still if newegg can get the shipping and shipping costs resolved that would be nice. That DHL egg saver program was a bomb

The Egg's incredible support of APO addresses has really been a god send while i have been living in Germany. I have been using them nearly exclusively for 3 years and couldn't be happier with their products, customers support, and great website.

This is an issue? lolz
Newegg is the best online tech retailer, product, price, CS, egg is the best overall hands down

Thanks for the response Newegg rep, the lack of shipping prices being shown was really bugging me. :)

For some people, taxes and shipping costs are "legitimate" deal-breakers.

Agreed. There are too many competitors for the egg always to come out on top. They can be ranked #1 overall IMO but in terms of across the boards I do look else where. The comparison with newegg is mandatory of course. Like I said above 2 out of 3 times they will get my business. But these factors can sway sales to another vendor

Back