newegg 20% off using paypal (cheap hdds!)

ziddey

Supreme [H]ardness
DEAD DEAD DEAD

http://promotions.newegg.com/paypal...mc=OTC-PayPalHoliday07-_-PayPal-_-B0-_-Paypal
20% off using paypal :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...PayPalHoliday07-_-HardDrives-_-E2L-_-22136151
wd 1tb $250
$30 off using PPAL1126HDD03
another 20% off using paypal I believe
$176!!!
17.6 cents per gig
free ship

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136131
wd 750gb $150
20% off using paypal
$120!!!
16 cents per gig
free ship

I'm personally really torn between the 750g and the 1tb. $176 is still a lot to be dropping, but I'd like to eventually build up to a 3x1tb raid5 config. Maybe that's just a pipedream though

probably going to order myself later tonight if anything is still available. Figure it's time to buy something since I just couldn't find anything attractive on BF.

DEAD DEAD DEAD

good enough for me. how long does it take for cash to get back?

edit: hmm jan31 eh? whatever. i'd let them collect a bit of interest off my money. even before the 20% off, the price still isn't all too bad. consider it a mail in rebate without the hassle and a known "ROI" as well as being guaranteed.

it really makes me lean towards the 750g more and more though. there's a limit of $50 per paypal account, so the 1tb would dig into it more than the 750, allowing me to get savings somewhere else too

That 750 GB SE 16 looks so yummy at 120. Mine is the 320 SE 16 and it much slower than this one.

To receive 20% cash back on your purchase amount (including shipping and taxes), use your PayPal account to make purchases on participating merchant websites by selecting PayPal as a payment option beginning November 26, 2007. Offer is available for a limited time only, as long as the merchant’s website indicates that the 20% cash back promotion is offered, but no later than December 10, 2007. Multiple purchases are allowed. Maximum total amount of cash back per PayPal account is $50 USD. Certain exclusions apply. Only United States PayPal accounts in good standing are eligible. See terms and conditions for complete details of offer.

that's it I can't wait any longer. As tempting as the big 1tb is, I think I'm going to settle for the 750 right now. 750+500+200 is not too bad I guess. then again I think I'd be moving the 200gb to an older shitbox since it's pata, and then have a mce hopefully. need some cheap ddr1 ram

any smaller ones on sale?

paypal 20% works for all newegg items and any other paypal merchant that's participating.

the 1tb is the only drive with the $30 off using a promo code

Oh WTF. I just bought 10 of those 1tb drives :mad:

I guess it's time for 10 more :D

EDIT: It appears to be a one time use coupon :(

paypal 20% works for all newegg items and any other paypal merchant that's participating.

the 1tb is the only drive with the $30 off using a promo code

Does it really apply to all newegg items or only selected ones?:confused:

How quickly are you guys seeing the cashback? The terms state "by Jan 31st", are you guys seeing it sooner?

Newegg is giving it 2 days, PayPal is giving it til the 10th MAX, BASED ON THE VENDOR'S WEBSITE. There are other sites offering discounts via PayPal (thought not many 20%).

The Newegg deal will be dead the 29th for sure.

Picked up a 1TB drive. Thanks OP. This is a better deal than the ZZF sale that doesn't really appear to be a sale.

NPIWEJRUIOWEBGRUIEOWRHIOUH@#()#_)&%)*#$NHRFDEAWGHI

Teaches me to order something over the weekend before Cyber Monday :(

EDIT: found this little doozy of a line too in the promo e-mail: * Price after rebates and promotional discounts.

I wouldn't have saved much at all anyway because of that, maybe 6 bucks, makes me feel a bit better at least lol.

Tried to order the $225 WD 1TB Mybook but clicking on the drive in the ad takes you to the $330 drive with no promo discount available. :confused:

Is the original 1TB WD price dead? When I search on 1TB SATA it shows up as $249.99 in the results, but the OP's and clicking through to the hard link shows the price at $329.99.

The $30 promo code still works, but at it's no better pricing than the $279.99 Seagate Barracuda or $284.88 Hitachi Deskstar now...

Good news is the 750GB is still $149.99

UPDATE: Wow, totally weird... the WD 1TB just dropped to $279.99 when I refreshed my cart. NewEgg is messing with my head! :confused:

Make sure you guys order only 1 item at a time from Newegg - says so in the fine print (Newegg's rule, not Paypal's).

I went crazy, ordered Crysis & COD4 ($36 each shipped), and will probably get COH expansion for $30 shipped.

Price is now dead. $269 now. Hey, don't blame me!! :eek::D

LOL, I wouldn't exactly call $20 more a "dead deal" -- it''s just not as sweet as it was when the OP posted.

Yeah, I just refreshed my cart again and NewEgg slapped on a -$10 instant on the drive! What the hell is going on over there?? LOL

Bit on the 750. Already have one, so might as well get another.

I bit on a WD 1tb, at 10:09 AM local, I was able to get the deals, so I should have a 1tb drive for the $176 talked about. That plus the 1tb I got at Best Buy, 2tb of drive for $368. $.18/gb!!
Aside from Raptors, this is the first WD drive I have bought in prolly 5yrs, I hope my luck with the new green series is better then in the past...... I am glad I decided to buy the WD drive when I did, that was a hell of a price....
Ockie, did you buy all your 10 drive at the same time? Same place? I hope you do not get hit with a bad batch, I just had 2 out of 4 Samsung's fail at work, both DOA brand new from Newegg....

Thanks to the OP! I need more storage anyway, so I bit on the 1TB. It listed $279.99 minus a $10 discount for $269.99. The promo code broght it down to $239.99, and the 20% off for using Paypal will give me $48 in my PP account for a final net price of $191.99 with free shipping. Pretty darn close to the cost of 2 500GB drives and only needs 1 bay/power plug.

Wait, so you CAN'T use a debit card/instant transfer for the cash back? It's gotta be money already in the account?

dammit! I just bought almost $300 worth of stuff on Friday from there! Wish i had the coupon then.

Back