New Years "resolution"

The_HAVOK

n00b
What's your new years resolution?
Mine is 1440p.

For the new year I've switched from a 28" Samsung "U28E590D" 4K 60hz display to an 27" ASUS "XG27AQM" 1440p 270hz monitor.
I loved the 4k display for its size and pixel density which were great for productivity, but for gaming, sometimes it was hard on my 3090 when trying to run everything maxed out. It is not G-Sync certified and has terrible frame jitter when trying to run it with G-Sync enabled.

With my new ASUS 1440p screen, I am in love with the high refresh rate, everything is just so smooth. The slightly lower resolution gives a nice frame rate bump when gaming, and with G-Sync enabled the extra frames just add to the smoothness. I have yet to see how I like it with productivity. The display also has a built in USB hub which is useful for wireless peripheral dongles, bringing them closer to their wireless co-parts.
My only issues with this new display are HDR and thermals. It supports HDR400 but I can't seem to get it to enable. The monitor also runs much hotter than the one it replaced, It's to be expected with such a high refresh rate but still a negative.

Last edited:
Mine has been 4k since 2014. I'll be going high refresh 4k or oled probably this year, staying at 4k. 4k is too good to give up :D.

I have a hard time going below 4K. For gaming 1440p is fine but I don't want to own separate gaming and work displays.

I've got a 27" 1440p 144hz main monitor and a 1080p 60hz (eww) secondary display for discord or whatever else. Wish I had matching displays b/c OCD but realistically I'm good.

I can't imagine 4k at 27" with my sitting distance but since I haven't experienced it I shouldn't comment. However, I'm very happy with the upgrade from 1080 to 1440 for desktop real-estate and game looks. 1440 feels like a great middle ground between 1440 and 4k in terms of performance and looks. Just my humble opinion, ofc.

I have 4 monitors in total. Ive got two basic AOC 1080p TN screens stacked on top of each other just to the left of the main 1440p screen and some LG 1080p IPS display set up vertically on the far left.
I think a high refresh rate 4K screen would have been nice to have but that would have been almost double what I paid for the new 1440p screen i just got.

Last edited:
I have 4 monitors in total. Ive got two basic AOC 1080p TN screens stacked on top of each other just to the left of the main 2K screen and some LG 1080p IPS display set up vertically on the far left.
I think a high refresh rate 4K screen would have been nice to have but that would have been almost double what I paid for the new 2k screen i just got.
Ah, nice. I just use one screen, always have as I find multiple ones unwieldy personally. The lowest price I've seen on the gigabyte m32u (4k 144hz ips ss) is around $600. It's tempting me greatly. Enjoy that whopping refresh rate though, :eek: :).

This NEWYEAR night before got a LG C2. This is really swapping the "LG 48GQ900-B 48" I was giving on Xmas. It was awesome. Got a BX 65 I think up stairs and yeah glossy vs matte was not night and day. OLED nothing else to say. They didn't know I needed the TV part also. It did have the dimming which no where in the service menu you are able to turn off.

4K all the way. Three monitors, TV and laptop. Old age requires the nicer resolution!
Great play on words in the title.

im about to pull the trigger on an LG 42" oled c2. really sick of my 31.5" curved acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Its fine for gaming, but poor color for photo editing.

Ah, nice. I just use one screen, always have as I find multiple ones unwieldy personally. The lowest price I've seen on the gigabyte m32u (4k 144hz ips ss) is around $600. It's tempting me greatly. Enjoy that whopping refresh rate though, :eek: :).
Yea I managed to get this one brand new off EBay for around $100 off MSRP which was a pretty good deal.
I can't get a screen that's too big or else it wont fit on my VESA mounts. I've got a single pole holding up all 4 monitors lol. the thing was only rated to hold two but its holding up.

I have 4 monitors in total. Ive got two basic AOC 1080p TN screens stacked on top of each other just to the left of the main 2K screen and some LG 1080p IPS display set up vertically on the far left.
I think a high refresh rate 4K screen would have been nice to have but that would have been almost double what I paid for the new 2k screen i just got.
Please don't call 1440p "2K". "2K" is still 1080p.

1080p, for at least 5 years. With a free sync monitor and a 6700xt that’ll do for a long time

I just moved up from a 2560x1080p and a 1080ti to a LG C2 42" 4k Oled and a RTX 4080. So 4k from here on out for me.

Reactions: Zahua
like this
6240x2160, PLP and really wishing someone would offer something suitable as side panel upgrades.

I just moved up from a 2560x1080p and a 1080ti to a LG C2 42" 4k Oled and a RTX 4080. So 4k from here on out for me.

Same 42" C2 + 4080, fun combo so far. Honestly never been more satisfied with a PC setup and I've been through a lot of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skott
like this
Acer CB282K 4K60 28" on my gaming system, it's a cheapie but I've been satisfied with the IQ and the build/mechanical quality.

Workstation currently has a pair of 1080P (15.6" + 20") and a 22" vertical 1050x1680. If I upgrade any monitors in 2023, it'll be a new gaming panel and moving the CB282K vertical and to the WS box.

Problem is I want a relatively affordable 3840x2160 60Hz 28" OLED for gaming and I'm not aware if that exists. Everything I see is 32"-43"+, Ultrawide, High-Refresh or some combo of those. UW or larger than 30" is a deal breaker and I don't feel like paying extra for high-refresh-rate as I play at 60fps locked.

10240x2520, but it's not actually a rectangular resolution.

I have 4K in the middle then 3 columns of monitors to the side most of wich are 1920x1080 but one is 2560x1440. Refresh rates ranging from 144 to 60hz.

If I include the phantom monitor for the receiver windows thinks i'ts 12160x2520.

Back