New Samsung 4k for everyone.

Hey, Guys - I tried a couple of things here over the past few hours. I figured out this issue with the input lag. First off, I'm on firmware 1209. I did a factory reset of the TV. I turned the UHD color off. I then retested with the Leo Bodnar and my findings are below.

1. Game Mode - 1080p 20.8 ms
2. Game Mode - 4K UHD Off - about 2 frames more than 1080p
3. Game Mode - 4K UHD on - about 2 frames more than 1080 p
4. PC Mode - 1080p 44.6 ms UHD off
5. PC Mode - 1080p 44.6 ms UHD on
6. PC Mode - 4K UHD on - about 2 frames more than 1080p
7. PC Mode - 4K UHD off - feels more responsive than Game Mode at 4K with UHD off
8. DVI/PC Mode - Input 2 - 32 ms 1080p (UHD off) (UHD on is 38 ms)
9. DVI/PC Mode - Input 2 - feels like 32 ms at 4K (UHD off)

I did extensive testing going back and forth with PC games with 1080p and 4K resolution. There is a definite difference between lag at 1080p and 4K resolutions. I am using a Titan X card with no Vsync turned on.

I can verify that UHD turned off there is less blur in both 1080p and 4K resolutions. I am very sensitive to blur and it was immediately noticeable with UHD off that there was less blur. With UHD on or off the input lag was the same for 1080p, but there was some difference at 4K. Game Mode with UHD off and PC Mode with UHD off at 4K the PC Mode was more responsive than Game Mode, at least a frame quicker on the PC Mode.

I would say overall Samsung was probably designing the Game Mode for consoles running at 1080p or lower. Upon this research, I would say that if it input lag is an issue for you, either game at 1080p on this panel or use a dedicated pc monitor or hold your breath and wait for Samsung to fix it in a firmware update.

My apologies to Nitemare3219. You are correct. There is more input lag with 4K resolution regardless if it is in PC or Game Mode. I did not do these types of tests with the original firmware that was with the TV, so I can't tell if it's gotten worse over time for 4K resolution.

To recap, 4K resolutions in either Game Mode or PC mode, you're looking at 50-ish ms in GameMmode and probably somewhere around 70 ms in PC mode.

No harm no foul.

Are you guesstimating about a 2 frame lag since you can't utilize the Leo at 4K? How did you come to those figures?

I have a strong feeling that considering my photo frame comparisons have been accurate, showing about a 1.5-2 frame lag, the tests I ran on the boxed firmware were also true in having less lag at 4K. Obviously this is going to be a pain to test since we can't exactly revert the firmware. I'm talking to Crutchfield right now to figure out something in regards to getting a new unit and finding out definitevely.

Enjoyment > Numbers

True, but when you're paying over $1,000 for a display, it better be freakin' good. The input lag doesn't make it unenjoyable, but it's a pity to see they made it worse for 4K gaming.

Just ordered the JU6700 40" model and a Titan X, can't wait to get them!

Will be replacing my LG 34UC97-S 34" curved monitor, hopefully input lag isn't too noticeable.

Do you know when you'll be getting these? I highly advise you not to update firmware out of the box. See what version you have and play around with it. Even do tests like I have if you can. I am pretty positive the shipping firmware will have less lag in PC mode 4K and be worth not updating.

I don't know what happened but .... the 3rd firmware update ( I think 3rd ) introduced mouse lag to game / pc mode. Now, I understand that somethings were turned back on and that I had to go back in and turn them off again, which I did. The lag is still there. I even reinstalled Windows in hopes of fixing the problem. That did no good. I am not going crazy, I know that much. The display has been sold. I am back on my LG 42" for now.

I'm pretty sure it was the update 1207 that did it. That was the firmware you had, correct? That's the one that increased chroma for both game mode and standard TV mode, and everyone thought was so great. Little did we know it tanked the response time at 4K.

I'm pretty sure it was the update 1207 that did it. That was the firmware you had, correct? That's the one that increased chroma for both game mode and standard TV mode, and everyone thought was so great. Little did we know it tanked the response time at 4K.

I haven't seen any latency issues with mine. I did update it to version 1206 when I first got it. After that I skipped 1207 entirely. I didn't update it until after 1209 came out. I don't know if that makes any difference. I wouldn't think so.

No harm no foul.

Are you guesstimating about a 2 frame lag since you can't utilize the Leo at 4K? How did you come to those figures?

I have a strong feeling that considering my photo frame comparisons have been accurate, showing about a 1.5-2 frame lag, the tests I ran on the boxed firmware were also true in having less lag at 4K. Obviously this is going to be a pain to test since we can't exactly revert the firmware. I'm talking to Crutchfield right now to figure out something in regards to getting a new unit and finding out definitevely.

True, but when you're paying over $1,000 for a display, it better be freakin' good. The input lag doesn't make it unenjoyable, but it's a pity to see they made it worse for 4K gaming.

Do you know when you'll be getting these? I highly advise you not to update firmware out of the box. See what version you have and play around with it. Even do tests like I have if you can. I am pretty positive the shipping firmware will have less lag in PC mode 4K and be worth not updating.

I have done so much input lag testing with alot of different displays and can tell its at least two frames behind in 4K, your photos seem to back that up pretty much which is funny. I am getting good at this lol....

Either way, still an awsome display and if you console game its a must have as the lag is so low in 1080p and the uniformity on the 48ju7500 I have is the best I have seen on a display :)

let me know if you get another display, would be curious if indeed firmware 1004 actually has less lag for 4k.

Can you test the lag for DVI/PC on input 2? Coolhand mentioned that 4K lag is good:

DVI/PC Mode - Input 2 - feels like 32 ms at 4K (UHD off)

Eh. I can't stream native 4k content with my 75Mbps connection with UltraFlix or M-Go, buffers too much. Works fine with Netflix, YouTube and Amazon tho.

I haven't seen any latency issues with mine. I did update it to version 1206 when I first got it. After that I skipped 1207 entirely. I didn't update it until after 1209 came out. I don't know if that makes any difference. I wouldn't think so.

Me neither - I literally feel ZERO diff in input lag between the firmwares, in PC mode. That said, there's nothing quantitative about that at all - I just might not be as sensitive to it. But BF4 and productivity feel exactly the same...

I don't know what happened but .... the 3rd firmware update ( I think 3rd ) introduced mouse lag to game / pc mode. Now, I understand that somethings were turned back on and that I had to go back in and turn them off again, which I did. The lag is still there. I even reinstalled Windows in hopes of fixing the problem. That did no good. I am not going crazy, I know that much. The display has been sold. I am back on my LG 42" for now.

Your not crazy.. I see the difference in lag between 1080p and 4k..

So I had my apple cinema display 27 inch next to the samsung and was running the same game on it, 1440p at 27 inch vs 48 inch 4k, 4k just looks a decent amount clearer then 1440p 27inch ips and much less jaggies at 48inch 4k which I didnt expect.

One thing is for sure after all of this testing, I cant go back to 1080p gaming lol. I can deal with 1440p at 27 inch but really surprised that even at 48 inches 4k looks clearer.

Interesting note on the samsung, having the apple cinema display next to it I could clearly see the pwm on the samsung vs none on the apple, the image on the apple looked more solid ( best way to describe it ) and I could see the pwm blur that NCX had been going on about... not a deal breaker just interesting.

Can you test the lag for DVI/PC on input 2? Coolhand mentioned that 4K lag is good:

DVI/PC Mode - Input 2 - feels like 32 ms at 4K (UHD off)

I didn't really notice a difference there. I tested again with the Blur Buster's comparison, and it might be half a frame faster. Don't feel a difference with UHD color or not either, although I thought I did at first, that feeling subsided. I think DVI/PC mode is probably the best bet right now.

I called Samsung and got to "elevated" support. They gave me an ID number and the guy said he'd forward it up the chain to hear something back. Tried to describe it to him as best I could. Maybe we'll get lucky.

I didn't really notice a difference there. I tested again with the Blur Buster's comparison, and it might be half a frame faster. Don't feel a difference with UHD color or not either, although I thought I did at first, that feeling subsided. I think DVI/PC mode is probably the best bet right now.

I called Samsung and got to "elevated" support. They gave me an ID number and the guy said he'd forward it up the chain to hear something back. Tried to describe it to him as best I could. Maybe we'll get lucky.

Nice. At least there's a workaround for those that need 4k and lower input lag.

Well my 48JU7500 showed up on Saturday and I spent the weekend going from this:

2BCK1nS.jpg

25" 1080P Monitor

To this:

GWsOEjm.jpg

Took most of the weekend as I built the new desk and the old desk weighed several hundred pounds.

I'm running the new monitor off of a GTX680 at the moment and so far I'm loving it. My dual Titan Xs should be here tomorrow. Maybe its because I didn't come from a great monitor to start with, but I have no complaints about this new monitor at all and it has the best picture I've seen. Obviously not a great technical review, but I'm happy so that's all that matters.

Thanks for all of the great information in this thread.

Can anyone help me explain what's going on in this screenshot? I'm on input 2 as a DVI device, auto motion is turned off, and I'm at 4k resolution. I'm sure that I'm just missing something obvious.

http://imgur.com/VETYtEL

Expecting a PC monitor experience on a TV is a bit much.
We said the TV can do 4:4:4 and the colors are awesome. Early adopters bought it because of those two reasons.

Gaming performance was questionable because it's a TV with many inputs, so it will always have ghosting and input lag issues.
I'm still waiting on the few to accept this fact.

Eh. I can't stream native 4k content with my 75Mbps connection with UltraFlix or M-Go, buffers too much. Works fine with Netflix, YouTube and Amazon tho.

10mbs is the min for 4k. You are fine, it's MGO and Ultraflix that's the issue. They need to fix their apps.

Well my 48JU7500 showed up on Saturday and I spent the weekend going from this

Took most of the weekend as I built the new desk and the old desk weighed several hundred pounds.

I'm running the new monitor off of a GTX680 at the moment and so far I'm loving it. My dual Titan Xs should be here tomorrow. Maybe its because I didn't come from a great monitor to start with, but I have no complaints about this new monitor at all and it has the best picture I've seen. Obviously not a great technical review, but I'm happy so that's all that matters.

Thanks for all of the great information in this thread.

Congrats! Enjoy your games and don't get too caught up in the spec game.

We said the TV can do 4:4:4 and the colors are awesome. Early adopters bought it because of those two reasons.

Gaming performance was questionable because it's a TV with many inputs, so it will always have ghosting and input lag issues.

It's a good gaming monitor. Just don't compare it with a 144hz gaming monitor. Future firmwares should fix the rest.

There is something strange going on with my 7100. It seems like it is not properly setting the source type. I choose PC and all of the picture processing items that should be disabled are still selectable. I've tried changing to HDMI2 and it worked initially, until I tried to change to DVI/PC on that, it kept all of the previous settings without disabling them.

This seems to be the same behavior that Nightmare is experiencing, his smart dimming continues to function even if it's turned off. I'm trying to look for a way to hard reset the sources, but no luck yet.

Thoughts?

Edit: So I cracked the super secret PIN that the TV asks for to reset the entire TV to factory defaults, not just the picture. I'm not sure if it was posted earlier but it is 0000. This seemed to properly disable all of the options that should be off for PC mode.

Edit2: It appears that my AMD display driver was setting the refresh rate to 24Hz, which allowed all of the TV processing features to be enabled. Presumably because it is not a typical PC refresh rate? Regardless, this is likely unique to my configuration because I'm one of the few on an AMD card, and I'm also on the Windows 10 tech preview. Just an FYI in the hopes it may help someone.

Last edited:
Me neither - I literally feel ZERO diff in input lag between the firmwares, in PC mode. That said, there's nothing quantitative about that at all - I just might not be as sensitive to it. But BF4 and productivity feel exactly the same...

I can tell a slight difference between PC mode and game mode in terms of input lag.

Input lag was reviewed to be in the 20ms range making it a holy grail, which it mostly appeared to be on stock firmware. I had only 2 hours under stock firmware, but when I get a new display, I'll put it through its paces.

I can tell a slight difference between PC mode and game mode in terms of input lag.

Which display and firmware do you have? Which is better to you?

It doesn't, you are correct.

Thread has devolved into absolute bullshit and nonsense, hence why I'm not finding much reason to participate.

Played four hours of Alien: Isolation today on the 7500, and it was flawless. Incredible game, incredible experience at 4k with 4xAA and 48 inches. Just wow.

Nuff siad. :cool:

I'm getting the TV on Thursday. As for the Titan X, I probably won't be receiving it until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll probably try removing the pixel clock limit and modify the edid to try and get 4k @ 60hz to work using the GTX 780. Someone over at monitortests had gotten it to work awhile back with a macbook apparently.

I did something similar with my current monitor and it's working fine (3440x1440 @ 60hz on hdmi 1.4)

I'll try and run tests to see what's up. I don't know if I'll be using game mode unless lag is that bad. I really like 4:4:4 and couldn't stand 4:2:2 on my old LG 47" tv(from like 2010?). Maybe it'll be better with the samsung, I'll find out thursday. :D

It'll probably come with 1204 or 1206. Maybe lower, we'll see. I ordered from B&H. I've followed this thread for a few weeks now so I've seen what's been going on which each update.

Input lag was reviewed to be in the 20ms range making it a holy grail, which it mostly appeared to be on stock firmware. I had only 2 hours under stock firmware, but when I get a new display, I'll put it through its paces.

Which display and firmware do you have? Which is better to you?

I'm using version 1209 now. On 1206 I noticed slightly worse image quality while in game mode. PC mode has been the same regardless of firmware.

The stock firmware suffered from UI and standby issues (losing signal), also Game Mode colors were horrible.
A lot of effort is going into Game Mode, which was optimized for consoles, not PCs.
Besides slightly lower input lag, which is negligible at 4K resolution, their are no other benefits over PC mode.

It doesn't, you are correct.

Thread has devolved into absolute bullshit and nonsense, hence why I'm not finding much reason to participate.

Played four hours of Alien: Isolation today on the 7500, and it was flawless. Incredible game, incredible experience at 4k with 4xAA and 48 inches. Just wow.

Nuff siad. :cool:

Input lag at its native resolution is not bullshit and non-sense.

I'm getting the TV on Thursday. As for the Titan X, I probably won't be receiving it until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll probably try removing the pixel clock limit and modify the edid to try and get 4k @ 60hz to work using the GTX 780. Someone over at monitortests had gotten it to work awhile back with a macbook apparently.

I did something similar with my current monitor and it's working fine (3440x1440 @ 60hz on hdmi 1.4)

I'll try and run tests to see what's up. I don't know if I'll be using game mode unless lag is that bad. I really like 4:4:4 and couldn't stand 4:2:2 on my old LG 47" tv(from like 2010?). Maybe it'll be better with the samsung, I'll find out thursday. :D

It'll probably come with 1204 or 1206. Maybe lower, we'll see. I ordered from B&H. I've followed this thread for a few weeks now so I've seen what's been going on which each update.

It'll actually probably come with 1004 or 1006. 4:2:2 is actually pretty phenomenal on the Samsung. You'll NEVER see a difference in-game, and it is near impossible to see on the desktop. I'd just be weary of the possible input lag and ghosting issues I saw after updating from the shipped firmware.

The stock firmware suffered from UI and standby issues (losing signal), also Game Mode colors were horrible.
A lot of effort is going into Game Mode, which was optimized for consoles, not PCs.
Besides slightly lower input lag, which is negligible at 4K resolution, their are no other benefits over PC mode.

I never had those issues. Yes, game mode wasn't great on the desktop. A lot of effort should go into optimization for PC since there is a damn PC mode. Less input lag is not negligible at 4K - it's as noticeable as ANY resolution, and it's a problem.

Do any of you know about how many months after release it takes for TVs to be $200-300 off? The 55inch is ccurrently $100 off, so I'm considering biting. Just don't want to purchase only to see it fall by another $100 in a month. At the same time, I don't want ro wait until black friday.

Do any of you know about how many months after release it takes for TVs to be $200-300 off? The 55inch is ccurrently $100 off, so I'm considering biting. Just don't want to purchase only to see it fall by another $100 in a month. At the same time, I don't want ro wait until black friday.

which model?

Which model?

I never had those issues. Yes, game mode wasn't great on the desktop. A lot of effort should go into optimization for PC since there is a damn PC mode. Less input lag is not negligible at 4K - it's as noticeable as ANY resolution, and it's a problem.

I'll state it clearer. Lag between Game 4K and PC 4K is negligible.

I agree, more effort needs to go into PC mode. That's were Samsung will make their money.

Hello - just wondering if anyone has seen both this and the Seiki sm40unp in person? For my particular case (forced to KVM desktop with a work laptop with crappy integrated graphics for VPN reasons), the Seiki is the more practical choice, but would like to know if the Samsung 7500 is a big jump in quality to justify losing the displayports. I'll be using this primarily for productivity (coding), but with a few hours of gaming once I upgrade my GPU.

Thanks

Hello - just wondering if anyone has seen both this and the Seiki sm40unp in person? For my particular case (forced to KVM desktop with a work laptop with crappy integrated graphics for VPN reasons), the Seiki is the more practical choice, but would like to know if the Samsung 7500 is a big jump in quality to justify losing the displayports. I'll be using this primarily for productivity (coding), but with a few hours of gaming once I upgrade my GPU.

Thanks

My original purchase was going to be that seiki. Then I noticed everyone here saying how good the samsung was as a monitor. Also there's still no hdmi 2.0 on the seiki, which for me, was a must since I use a a/v receiver.

Thanks

Never had the Seiki, but Samsung is the king of image quality. I don't think anyone here has complained about the image quality. Once I adjusted the HDMI level to 0-255, increase the contrast a little, everything seems to pop.

Here is a blurb for a review on the Seiki from Amazon:
It all came crashing down after the initial excitement wore off and I realized that the colors/contrast were extremely drab. To make a LONG story short, I've tried adjusting on my own, several calibrations on an iDisplay Pro and nothing. No matter what I did, I could not get it to look anything like my current 32" Samsung 1440p. Sad that the colors/contrast is so anemic, otherwise, this would rock.

But if you're going to spend 1k+, why not order both and let us know your impressions? It doesn't cost you anything other than a little time. Amazon return shipping is free as long as you find any reason that's not "no longer needed," i.e. colors are bad, quality is not up to snuff. ;)

Edit: There are VGA to HDMI connectors which will allow you to bypass the KVM. I think you can even do Picture in Picture as well, I haven't tried it so can't confirm.

^That review from amazon was exactly why I decided not to get it! Coming from a Dell U3011 IPS then going to the LG 34 curved IPS alone showed a noticeable loss of color reproduction (99% AdobeRGB/100%sRGB vs 70% AdobeRGB/99% sRGB).

I was afraid the Seiki was going to have horrible picture quality. From what I've seen, samsung has good picture quality, so I decided to go that route.

Thanks guys - in my case I actually will KVM to share keyboard/mouse as well as video between desktop/VPN laptop, but my dilemma between the Seiki and Samsung is really due to the crappy graphics on the laptop. If this were a personal laptop, I could just upgrade, but since it's work-assigned I can't. The only solution for 4k@60Hz that I could find is to use two 1920x2160@60Hz feeds from the laptop to the monitor and to let the monitor combine them using Picture by Picture. If the Samsung can handle Picture by Picture, then the obvious choice is the Samsung. If it can't handle Picture by Picture, which I haven't seen any reference to so far in the online manual or forums, then either I settle for weaker colors on the Seiki @60Hz or spend most of the day using the laptop hooked up to the Samsung @30Hz, and then switch to 60Hz on the desktop at night. Damn cheap work laptops spoiling my fun lol.

Does anyone know if the Samsung can handle Picture by Picture? (i.e. combine two 1920x2160@60Hz feeds)

hi all

I wonder if I can pick your brains?
I'm in UK, so I have 55JU7000 (flat) which I think is JU7100 in USA. Connecting to my TV with a Titan X and trying to get 4:4:4 enabled @4k 60hz. I've tried 3 cables, the first was 5m and whenever I enabled HDMI UHD colour the screen was blank. Nvidia control panel never showed drop down options for RGB, Ycbcr when it was in 4:2:0
I ordered a new high speed cable which was thick, again 5m in length. This time when I connected it and enabled 4:4:4 (UHD colour) I could see an image although there were lots of flashing pixels. The screen would flicker on / off every few seconds, so pretty un-useable. I then tried a shorter 2m HDMI cable, this time no flashing pixels etc when in 4:4:4. I thought I was in the money, so I fired up GTA V and all was good for about 1 minute into actual gameplay, the picture just went off. Audio is via optical and I could still here the game etc so I know it wasn't a crash.

I then flicked back to 4:2:0 could see image, tried to enable 4:4:4 but this time it wouldn't even display an image. Tried re-installing Geforce drivers etc but not working.

If you think this is a cable issue (length?) could you recommend one, ideally 4m or 5m in length.

I have the hdmi device type pc and named pc btw. I also tried on all 4 ports of the mini one connect box.

TV Firmware = 1202, not been an update for over 2 weeks. I appreciate though UK / USA different firmwares with new apps being added etc as well as tweaks. I must say Samsung USA seem to be spoiling you with updates :)

I'm wondering if my issue might be the firmware? Or have you guys / girls been able to activate 4:4:4 from original firmware.... Any help / advice would be appreciated

PS GTA V is awesome at 4:2:0 in PC mode, for the minute or so I saw in 4:4:4 i want some more. I was under a bridge and it looked good, I never made it to Rockford hills :(

TV Firmware = 1202, not been an update for over 2 weeks. I appreciate though UK / USA different firmwares with new apps being added etc as well as tweaks. I must say Samsung USA seem to be spoiling you with updates :)

LOL, depending on who you ask here, they might tell you that we are being spoiled with updates or they might say that Samsung is spoiling the units. :p

I'm on 1209 and am not bothered by the increased lag in PC mode. I'll more than gladly trade that for the improvements to Game mode. When text started looking normal in Game mode and lag decreased, that was really impressive. So as far as I'm concerned, they've improved these and I don't think that I would go back to the initial firmware even if it could somehow be forced.

hi all

I wonder if I can pick your brains?
I'm in UK, so I have 55JU7000 (flat) which I think is JU7100 in USA. Connecting to my TV with a Titan X and trying to get 4:4:4 enabled @4k 60hz. I've tried 3 cables, the first was 5m and whenever I enabled HDMI UHD colour the screen was blank. Nvidia control panel never showed drop down options for RGB, Ycbcr when it was in 4:2:0
I ordered a new high speed cable which was thick, again 5m in length. This time when I connected it and enabled 4:4:4 (UHD colour) I could see an image although there were lots of flashing pixels. The screen would flicker on / off every few seconds, so pretty un-useable. I then tried a shorter 2m HDMI cable, this time no flashing pixels etc when in 4:4:4. I thought I was in the money, so I fired up GTA V and all was good for about 1 minute into actual gameplay, the picture just went off. Audio is via optical and I could still here the game etc so I know it wasn't a crash.

I then flicked back to 4:2:0 could see image, tried to enable 4:4:4 but this time it wouldn't even display an image. Tried re-installing Geforce drivers etc but not working.

If you think this is a cable issue (length?) could you recommend one, ideally 4m or 5m in length.

I have the hdmi device type pc and named pc btw. I also tried on all 4 ports of the mini one connect box.

I'm wondering if my issue might be the firmware? Or have you guys / girls been able to activate 4:4:4 from original firmware.... Any help / advice would be appreciated

PS GTA V is awesome at 4:2:0 in PC mode, for the minute or so I saw in 4:4:4 i want some more. I was under a bridge and it looked good, I never made it to Rockford hills :(

The One Connect Mini already adds 7 feet (? meters) to the connection. By adding 5 more meters, you are going way too far for 4K 60 Hz and 4:4:4 chroma data. Use the One Connect Mini's cable length to reach where you need to go. I think you should try another HDMI cable (1m would be best, but up to 2m-3m should be okay).

LOL, depending on who you ask here, they might tell you that we are being spoiled with updates or they might say that Samsung is spoiling the units. :p

I'm on 1209 and am not bothered by the increased lag in PC mode. I'll more than gladly trade that for the improvements to Game mode. When text started looking normal in Game mode and lag decreased, that was really impressive. So as far as I'm concerned, they've improved these and I don't think that I would go back to the initial firmware even if it could somehow be forced.

I have a 48" 7500 coming at the end of this week or early next - how was your experience with UPS freight? About the same time to get there as ground?

Anyway, I feel almost positive that PC mode on the stock firmware was just as fast as game mode with all the color and less ghosting. I am going to test it as much as I can when it gets here. Hopefully it doesn't have new firmware or the 48" is somehow different - I'll feel like a fool!

I have a 48" 7500 coming at the end of this week or early next - how was your experience with UPS freight? About the same time to get there as ground?

Yeah, almost the same. Maybe 1 day longer with the freight shipment because it got held up in the freight center 1.5 hours from me, rather than going to the nearest local sorting facility for delivery. They had to call and schedule the delivery for the next day vs. normal deliveries which do not have to be scheduled. But I'm in VA which is really close to Crutchfield. I normally get anything that I order from them within 2-3 days, depending on the time of day that I place the order.

Nitemare3219 said:
Anyway, I feel almost positive that PC mode on the stock firmware was just as fast as game mode with all the color and less ghosting. I am going to test it as much as I can when it gets here. Hopefully it doesn't have new firmware or the 48" is somehow different - I'll feel like a fool!

Stock fw felt really snappy to me too, but I can't say if there was more or less ghosting as I unfortunately updated before I sat down for any serious gaming sessions. I just see ghosting as more of a characteristic of the panel itself, but I guess it could be influenced via firmware by changes to overdrive settings or something. The 48" shouldn't be any different internally than the 40"...just a bigger panel attached to the same electronics. :) They should be identical other than size.

Hi guys, sorry for my bad English.
Some questions:

1) How do you consider the panels of the Samsung series JU compared to IPS panels LG series ub850? Color fidelity and viewing angles?

2) 48JU6500 and 48JU7500 have the same input lag? How is it?

3) In the series JU6500 the input lag in Game mode it's the same in PC mode with 4: 4: 4 chroma?

Thanks

Hi guys, sorry for my bad English.
Some questions:

1) How do you consider the panels of the Samsung series JU compared to IPS panels LG series ub850? Color fidelity and viewing angles?

2) 48JU6500 and 48JU7500 have the same input lag? How is it?

3) In the series JU6500 the input lag in Game mode it's the same in PC mode with 4: 4: 4 chroma?

Thanks

Don't know about the first question but for two and three: 2) the 7500 has slightly less lag in PC mode and game m ode.

3) The input lag in game mode is less than PC mode.

Back