New PPD values for 762* GPU units.

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009

I have a 7625 currently that I was getting ~13k ppd on with my GTX660ti
I am now getting ~37k after refreshing projects with HFM.

They still have no QRB, but the base credit on these units went up significantly as well as the deadlines. When I updated psummary this morning, it looked to me like 7612, 7613, 7621, and 7622 also got a K factor - these should now be QRB GPU units. I'm interested to see how any of these project are for ppd.

I am still sore from the last set.

Spin the wheel to see what PPD you will get!

spinwheel.jpg

I have a 7625 currently that I was getting ~13k ppd on with my GTX660ti
I am now getting ~37k after refreshing projects with HFM.

Me now also. was getting 9K on 7625 and went up to 27K on 560Ti. Thx for the update.

Spin the wheel to see what PPD you will get!

Speaking of spinning, these units are making my 560ti card run hotter and my fans got louder.

at least until I stopped GPU folding and went back to smp

These WUs took my 560ti (448 core) 7+ minutes to complete 1 frame.....rediculously slow comparing to 8054/8057 -- around 2min/frame

^^supervillin is right... these units are evil!

glad to hear its not me, I just got my gtx465 set up and running and this is the first thing I got, so I wasn't sure if I had set something up incorrectly by mistake

These WUs took my 560ti (448 core) 7+ minutes to complete 1 frame.....rediculously slow comparing to 8054/8057 -- around 2min/frame

My GTX660ti is doing 5:26 per frame. I'm looking forward to an optimized core that will drop that TPF. Should be on it's way.... some time.

Edit: I now have a 7624 and am getting 4:27 TPF with 45600 PPD. I'll take it.

Last edited:
For the 762x you need to cut back on the OC to drop the temps.
But that also means lower PPD but the points are still higher than before.
I was at 9k ppd and now at 25k ppd, it is a welcome change.

But I do agree these are evil because of the temp rise.

If you don't have temp issues running these, you need to overclock more...

meh.... my gtx570s errored out on one of the QRB units when I was running 1700 shaders, 1680 cranked out 160KPPD per card, with no errors. I was kinda pissed when we went back to these units (before the points adjust) as they completely nerf my PPD at just over 10KPPD per card, with the points adjust it's about 30KPPD per card.

I just wish Stanford had implemented the adjustment months ago when we told them that these units sucked. But then, when have they ever listened?

I have a stock evga 560 ti fps version and @70% fan its getting to 93C, up from 85C at 63% fan.

I'm knocking out 27/28 k with a tpf of 7:22min

I have a stock evga 560 ti fps version and @70% fan its getting to 93C, up from 85C at 63% fan.

I would manually set the fan to 100%, 93C is getting very warm, i usually like to run mid 80's at max when i gpu fold

For the 762x you need to cut back on the OC to drop the temps.

But I do agree these are evil because of the temp rise.

I had already dropped back to stock settings due to numerous errors after core 2.25 became mandatory. :(

Wow, I wish I was as brave as some of you guys.
I normally try to keep mine under 60c but have let it climb up to 75c on these evil units.
Right now I'm at 67c on a 7624 with OC at 911/1822 on my 460.

I would manually set the fan to 100%, 93C is getting very warm, i usually like to run mid 80's at max when i gpu fold

I've been upping the fan by 3% ever so often to find the best cooling % is as 100% isnt much gain and tonnes noisey

Wow, I wish I was as brave as some of you guys.
I normally try to keep mine under 60c but have let it climb up to 75c on these evil units.
Right now I'm at 67c on a 7624 with OC at 911/1822 on my 460.

For CPUs .. yes, you wanna keep temp around 60, but for GPU, it can handle much higher than that.

Back in "good old day" when GPUs "ruled" the world :D .. all my GPUs ran around 90C for months (if not YEARS) with no issue :D

For CPUs .. yes, you wanna keep temp around 60, but for GPU, it can handle much higher than that.

Back in "good old day" when GPUs "ruled" the world :D .. all my GPUs ran around 90C for months (if not YEARS) with no issue :D
I know it can run hotter, I just prefer not to.
I'm kinda weird that way. :p
It didn't drop the ppd much on these units from my usual OC but the temp went way down.

My GTX660ti is doing 5:26 per frame. I'm looking forward to an optimized core that will drop that TPF. Should be on it's way.... some time.

Edit: I now have a 7624 and am getting 4:27 TPF with 45600 PPD. I'll take it.

Both of my 560ti gpus are still crunching at 7minutes/frame.... (they both are running @ stock speed though :D)

I've got the same card as Kendrak (I copied him) but a slightly slower version and its getting a 5:38 per frame. My 460, on the other hand, is at 8:55.

7626 on the MSI 660 - 26,849.7 ppd
7624 on the ASUS 660 - 28,583.0 ppd
6980 on the i7 SMP - 19,588.7 ppd

FAH GPU Tracker V2

I've got a 7623 crunching away, 34,700K as far as PPD goes..This is on my GTX 480 @ 850/1700/1850 with a max temperature of 53C:D..

Of course, I have a full cover waterblock on it..Is is just me, or do these units make the lag on the 8XXX units seem like nothing..I can literally type an entire word before I see it appear in the box:mad:

EDIT

I wanted to wait a few minutes before I posted this, but I have found a solution to the lag completely. I am using an HDMI connection from my 480 to the 2nd input on my LCD. Just for giggles I ran the HDMI connector from input 3 into the HDMI output of the onboard 4000, and noticed that the Intel graphics icon appeared in the system tray. I did not change the input, just connected the 2nd cable. Right away the system lag is completely gone. I spent about 20 minutes watching the chase scene from Total Recall and everything with buttery smooth! According to GPU-Z, the GPU usage on my 480 stayed @ 99%, and the video engine was loaded 10-16% (normal for BR rip playback). I unplugged the HDMI cable from the 4000 while the movie was still playing, and right away it went back to stuttering and dropping frames. Plugging it back in, everything was buttery smooth once again. I am totally stoked, and hope this helps anyone else out that has the same issues.

Last edited:
I have two 7624s running right now on GTX 650Tis but am seeing different numbers. They were both issued within an hour or so of each other.

On a 8-core rig, I'm seeing a base credit of 14093 @ 18449ppd.

On a 4-core rig, I'm seeing a base credit of 5187 @ 7767ppd.

The TPFs are 9:23 on the 4-core rig. I took a bad power hit last night and forgot to OC the GPU on the 8-core rig, but the base and pdd credits are higher on that rig.

Anything I should check on the v7 console? Or could the discrepancy be based on the power hit I took and how the boxes reacted to it? Or is it just variation between different 7624 wus?

Thanks!

I have two 7624s running right now on GTX 650Tis but am seeing different numbers. They were both issued within an hour or so of each other.

The TPFs are 9:23 on the 4-core rig. I took a bad power hit last night and forgot to OC the GPU on the 8-core rig, but the base and pdd credits are higher on that rig.

Anything I should check on the v7 console? Or could the discrepancy be based on the power hit I took and how the boxes reacted to it? Or is it just variation between different 7624 wus?

Thanks!

While I am not the one to ask, it would seem to me that there is something up with the quad core system. That is an insane difference...:confused:

7623s - seeing ppd of 31K on a gtx 560ti 448-core - think it's running core @ 850mhz.

tpf is 6:30

Thanks!

Check your temperatures, but also ensure 3d clocks have engaged.
gpu-z or precision can show that.

Oddly though your base scre isn't right, are you monitoring both on 1 pc

Check your temperatures, but also ensure 3d clocks have engaged.
gpu-z or precision can show that.

Oddly though your base scre isn't right, are you monitoring both on 1 pc

Thanks! I'll try to figure this out as the 762* units come in on the questionable box. I checked my log and it might have been due to taking a power hit and having the card flagged as unstable before a core restart.

Can't afford UPSs except for keeping the batteries in the laptops.

Odd thing is that after the core restart, temps and the TPFs looked good, it was just the base/expected/and PPD numbers looked way low. Just just in case, I backed off the OC from 1100 to 1050 until I can take it off-line to tune the fans.

The questionable quad box is chomping through an 8073 Base 3874/Estimated 3874/17709 PPD with a 3:09 TPF. I guess I just need to be patient.

My other two GTX 650Ti's are showing 21K ppd with 7625s and 7623s.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll try to figure this out as the 762* units come in on the questionable box. I checked my log and it might have been due to taking a power hit and having the card flagged as unstable before a core restart.

Can't afford UPSs except for keeping the batteries in the laptops.

Odd thing is that after the core restart, temps and the TPFs looked good, it was just the base/expected/and PPD numbers looked way low. Just just in case, I backed off the OC from 1100 to 1050 until I can take it off-line to tune the fans.

The questionable quad box is chomping through an 8073 Base 3874/Estimated 3874/17709 PPD with a 3:09 TPF. I guess I just need to be patient.

My other two GTX 650Ti's are showing 21K ppd with 7625s and 7623s.

nothing is wrong with the rig or the WUs. Credit is determined from when you download(start) the WU. Your quad core rig just started the 762x WU before the changes where made. The next one you pick up will have the adjusted credit.

It was nothing more than bad timing, nothing to stress over.

Wish they had given new base credit to the 8054s - these things suck.

Back