New Mac Ad

HardOCP News

[H] News
Talk about targeted advertising, there is a new Mac ad out now that, while it may be entertaining to Mac users, just seems like some big inside joke. Obviously tech savvy PC owners will know this is a slam on the "I’m a PC" and "The Mojave Experiment" but the ad isn’t targeting you and I. Mac people get it…but the ads aren’t intended for people that already own a Mac. So who does that leave us? The average person? No, they wont get it either. This just means Apple and Microsoft’s advertising teams are making ads that directly advertise to each other.

I thought it was funny, gave me a chuckle but doesn't really promote their products at all. I suppose it encourages people to think negatively of Vista but that doesn't necessarily translate into getting a mac.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Apple seriously shouldn't be talking here :rolleyes:... they've put way more money towards advertising Macs than Microsoft has put towards Vista, yet they're a much smaller company and have less money to work with. And what problems still need to be fixed in Vista? Riddle me that.

Thank you for making me hate Macs even more with your ad campaigns Apple.

Actually, Apple does need to advertise to Apple... I mean, how are they going to sell "upgrades"?

(insert generic comment about how i'm satisfied with vista therefore everyone else's user experience and computing goals are exactly the same as mine here)

So it shows that Vista doesn't have much problems except for an image problem, good one Apple :D

Mac ads are like watching a bad political commercial where they are attempting to slam their opponent for something completely false. I got a small chuckle out of it though, but it doesn't make any sense.

WTH? So this is an advertisement to tell you that the competition spends too much on advertising???

I bet Apple has spent more on advertising than Microsoft over the past few years.. maybe it's them that should fix the problems with their OS instead of spending all the money on silly ads :p

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Apple needs to stop spending $$ on advertising and start lowering their prices. I would really love to get my wife an Apple notebook but when I can buy an equivalent PC notebook for $300-$400 less then their cheapest Mac book -why should I? If anything Apple is out to make more of a profit off of users.

First rule of advertising: never give the competition free press, never mention them in your ad, it's only shooting yourself in the foot.

Something Apple has never learned, and this truly is the worst "Mac vs PC" ad done yet. Geez... I agree with the post above saying stop wasting money on ads and sell lower priced hardware.

I don't get Apple, I really don't. I guess they truly don't want everyone buying their stuff, so they will forever remain a niche product, the wannabees of the computer industry as far as I'm concerned. The "Mac Tax" lives on... and it's paying for these stupid ads that still continue...

ROFL at Kendrak.... hahaha that is awesome.

I saw this commercial on TV and laughed. What a joke.

I agree bad move on apple's part. I think it really says vista is fine and lets get the word out so all really know that its fine.

True that but how is who?

The add is funny isnt that a good enough reason to make it? MS deliberately created a 'Media Event' and capitalized on how much they were spending. Apple is smaller but there overhead is also much lower strangely enough- even though they make everything they sell.

If someone is going to have an ad it might as well be entertainitng.

So wouldn't this advertising be considered false advertising and potential legal issues arising? Sure I don't have any stats but i'm sure the tv networks do. From my perspective I see an apple advertisement during prime time at least 4 or 5 times during a 1 hour program. They are on ALL the time. Before this new i'm a pc commercial I hardly ever ever saw a microsoft add. Once in a blue moon

So wouldn't this advertising be considered false advertising and potential legal issues arising? Sure I don't have any stats but i'm sure the tv networks do. From my perspective I see an apple advertisement during prime time at least 4 or 5 times during a 1 hour program. They are on ALL the time. Before this new i'm a pc commercial I hardly ever ever saw a microsoft add. Once in a blue moon

They use all their money to pay Kyle for that front page spot so they can tell us who is pirating Windows.

first off, the new commercial is a farce.

my buddy came over with an ipod touch yesterday which he found in a pawnshop for $170 dollars.

first, i laughed at him for buying it at all... then i played around with it a bit, having never touched anything apple for years... then, i tried to access the files on it, one way or another, so i could delete the junk that was left there by the fugly titty shot queen who once possessed the device.

it didn't happen.

my solution was for him to take it back to his computer and try installing itunes because i sure as fuck wasn't gonna install anything to do with apple on my computer.

such bs that windows explorer can't even browse the hidden directories of the device... and there was no way i was putting any work into jailbreaking the stupid POS.

what's with apple's insistence on not providing a 'right-click' button? one way menu systems, with no pop-up options for the ultimate loss.

someone familiar with the ipod touch can chime in here and call me a noob, if they can point me in the right direction. some basic googling yeilded the fact that i have to jailbreak the thing to make it work with windows explorer. 15 minutes of my time trying to make it work was too much for an apple noob like me.

my opinion is ipod touch sucks, and by extension, so does everything apple. :D

i'd ask what you're trying to do that's so difficult... but i've been there, man.

just give it a couple of days to wear off and your brain'll be back to normal.

:D

I almost spewed my coffee all over the screen with this one. :p

...:cool:

haha same reaction for me expect with water.

Yes they are using advertising to let people know that their rival spends too much on advertising. If Microsoft wasn't so cuddly I think an ad about how Mac does it's budgeting with throwing all of their money towards advertising and having their customers pay for their updates to fix the software problems would be in order.

Oh well, this ad just makes apple seem like bigger pricks which is starting to get impressive.

I love how people are getting worked up in this post about an advertisement. It doesn't matter if I think it is right or wrong, but obviously they struck a nerve to get people so agitated. It is like Apple came in and personally insulted you.

I wonder if Vista and OS X get sad when there users get upset...;)

first off, the new commercial is a farce.

my buddy came over with an ipod touch yesterday which he found in a pawnshop for $170 dollars.

first, i laughed at him for buying it at all... then i played around with it a bit, having never touched anything apple for years... then, i tried to access the files on it, one way or another, so i could delete the junk that was left there by the fugly titty shot queen who once possessed the device.

it didn't happen.

my solution was for him to take it back to his computer and try installing itunes because i sure as fuck wasn't gonna install anything to do with apple on my computer.

such bs that windows explorer can't even browse the hidden directories of the device... and there was no way i was putting any work into jailbreaking the stupid POS.

what's with apple's insistence on not providing a 'right-click' button? one way menu systems, with no pop-up options for the ultimate loss.

someone familiar with the ipod touch can chime in here and call me a noob, if they can point me in the right direction. some basic googling yeilded the fact that i have to jailbreak the thing to make it work with windows explorer. 15 minutes of my time trying to make it work was too much for an apple noob like me.

my opinion is ipod touch sucks, and by extension, so does everything apple. :D

Try ifunbox. I agree it sucks but for less than half the origal price I paid for mine, I can't really demand much.

Surely you jest.

nope, i've accurately described my experiences with apple and microsoft products with the words and phrases i typed in this thread.

so, in my experience, apple sux and windows rulez. :D

you're welcome to have your opinion as well.

Back