New Lian Li PC- Q11 itx case : Specification & Feature

I just ordered this in silver for my CustoMac. Setup will have 2 HD and 1 SSD and use onboard video. I hope the stock cooler will fit with the power supply i place....

I just ordered this in silver for my CustoMac. Setup will have 2 HD and 1 SSD and use onboard video. I hope the stock cooler will fit with the power supply i place....

Are you using some weird PSU that a fit with stock cooler is a concern?

Are you using some weird PSU that a fit with stock cooler is a concern?

I have an OCZ ModXStream PRO 600W modular with me. It is just under 6" long. I have seen people using other form factors so I as wondering whether I should too. The case just shipped from . I am very excited. Plan to get an Apple keyboard/mouse to finish the all silver look.

Do you guys know of any display which has the end-to-end glass look off the Cinema Display?

OCZ ModXStream PRO 600W should not interfere with LGA stock HSFs (I believe the case was engineered with PSUs like this in mind). It won't be as optimal as some shorter PSUs in terms of blocking the 140mm front fan, but you still should be fine.

Thanks for the info cyberkost.

What are the alternate modular PSUs you would suggest? Would be using at least 4 but may be 5 sata power plugs (2HD, 1SDD, 1 laptop HD, 1 DVD)

Where is your ssd and is it obligatory to use taller stands?
I have problem with too noisy palit gtx 560 and i want to make hole at the bottom and use Arctic F12PWM fan, but i don't know where to put hdd :(

also if you get a laptop hdd you will be able to fit it down there with a 120mm fan.

Lian Li PC-Q11
Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge
Scythe SCKZT-1000 80mm Kozuti CPU Cooler
G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB)
GIGABYTE GA-H67N-USB3-B3 LGA 1155
GIGABYTE GeForce GT 520 OC
Silverstone SST-ST45SF 450 Watt
OCZ Vertex 60Gb SSD
2x WD Caviar Green 2Tb

zzzz.png

x.png

z-1.png

zzz.png

Lian Li PC-Q11
OCZ Vertex 60Gb SSD
2x WD Caviar Green 2Tb

Oh wow, looks nice! What'd you use for the side? Plexi-glass?

Last edited:
Lian Li PC-Q11
OCZ Vertex 60Gb SSD
2x WD Caviar Green 2Tb

That looks very clean. Nice job

Oh wow, looks nice! What'd you you for the side? Plexi-glass?

To be honest, I did not notice that there was a side panel until you asked your question ;)
Wonder how strong & scratch-resistant that plexiglass is.

To be honest, I did not notice that there was a side panel until you asked your question ;)
Wonder how strong & scratch-resistant that plexiglass is.

Haha that's what I thought at initial glance but saw the black screws holding the side panel and the image just didn't look right so immediately figured plexi glass

is there enough space in the top part of the case to handle both a bluray drive slot loader and a 3.5" hard drive?

Lian Li PC-Q11
OCZ Vertex 60Gb SSD
2x WD Caviar Green 2Tb

Looks great!

What's the biggest/best possible CPU cooler with this case, for a 2500k, an efficient standard sized PSU, and limited or no overclocking?

The Scythe SHURIKEN rev B will fit with it's small fan, but wondering if there is anything better? The Thermalright AXP-140 does look better, but not sure if it will fit without going passive. In fact, is it possible to go passive considering there is a large 140mm fan right in front of it?

Suggestions?

The AXP-140 along with a slim 120mm fan does indeed fit, and it's a significant improvement over the Scythe Shuriken. Getting much better temps, while being more quiet.

In fact, is it possible to go passive considering there is a large 140mm fan right in front of it?

It is, but the temps won't be the most brilliant, especially not if using a 95w TDP processor. From personal experience, I built half a dozen PCs early this year using i3-2100s (65w) and Silverstone NT06-e coolers. Using Linpack stress testing, the cores reached 80c on a 30c day. So, there's still headroom there, but personally I don't like going too much higher. Of course, that was also with the Q11's fan slowed down to 80% speed, as it's audible at 100%.

And if you're just regular gaming, desktop usage, there probably won't be an issue.

Aside from the major issue with the NT06-e's base (very convex, lapping can help reduce it), it's not a bad cooler. The shroud can be removed, the heatpipes bent so you can free up space around the PCI-e slot, and you can even "twist" it to get greater cross-sectional area to the fan.

Edit: If you used a full ATX PSU, temps would probably be better, as then the heatsink would sit almost flush with the fan of the PSU.

Some work-log shots.

Last edited:
Looking back through pics, I noticed the only minor issue I had with this case was the HDD mounting. The rubber grommets supplied are inadequate at dampening vibration. Can feel the entire case vibrate to the vibration of the HDDs. They're around 1mm thick and quite solid, and become even thinner once squeezed into place. However, a quick replacement with far cushier HDD grommets solves the problemo :)

Last edited:
Hi

Considering one of these builds but was really wanting to use my MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr III card which apparantly is 243mm long (i dont have it to hand atm) but from the spec on the lian li site it says 240mm is the max, could anyone with the case confirm these measurements for me?

Thanks

@ Bradmax57
Here's a picture from earlier in the thread. The card, I believe is Zotac Geforce GTX 560 Ti AMP! (229mm). Your MSI card has connectors on the side, not on the back but whether there is 14mm between the card in the picture and the front panel is a tough call. Also think of a wiggle room you may need to insert the card.

Last edited:
Looks like it might be possible. However, squeezing the card in may be tough. You may have to install it into the case first without the motherboard/back panel, and then push the motherboard/back panel into the card. This way you'll have plenty of wiggle room to install it.

Edit: Just measured a Q11 I have here and it looks to be approx ~244mm deep. Possible a fraction of a millimeter more. Going to be a tight squeeze.

Plus, I'd definitely measure the card personally, just to make sure it's as long as you think it is.

Pic dug up from the interwebs.
570-7.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't matter ... if the above is the picture of the card in question (which it seems to be), the cover is almost 10" (254mm) long and will not fit into PC-Q11

Last edited:
Looks like it might be possible. However, squeezing the card in may be tough. You may have to install it into the case first without the motherboard/back panel, and then push the motherboard/back panel into the card. This way you'll have plenty of wiggle room to install it.

Edit: Just measured a Q11 I have here and it looks to be approx ~244mm deep. Possible a fraction of a millimeter more. Going to be a tight squeeze.

Plus, I'd definitely measure the card personally, just to make sure it's as long as you think it is.

This was explored/resolved earlier in the thread - a bit easy to have missed though.
Look at post #598 for some closure, lol. It's not going to fit, unless you want to void your warranty and shave/cut some of the metal casing down, then it probably will.

Not sure if that is a 570 or not, im pretty sure mine is smaller than that will measure it again when i get home from work :)

Not sure if that is a 570 or not, im pretty sure mine is smaller than that will measure it again when i get home from work :)

I stand corrected its the same card, so its a no go with this case then for me, the only option would be to get a 560ti I guess

Want to show my system,and I have some questions about cooling.Temperature in my system without load CPU 48 C,GPU 40.How can I improve cooling,need to change chasis fan?or somthing else?when I'm playing GPU make a lot of noise.
My system:
CPU:AMD Phenom X2 555 unlocked to X4
GPU:MSI GTX550ti Cyclone
RAM:4G
HDD:2,5 160G
Motherboard:ASUS Asus M4A88T-I DELUXE

Your messy cabling is preventing decent airflow. Clean them up by tucking them out of the way. There are plenty of options; put them underneath the fan, on top of your CD Rom, underneath your motherboard, inside the hard drive tray, use zip ties etc.

Hi,

I am looking for a good cpu cooler for this setup:

case: Lian Li PC-Q11A of course (new revision with USB3 20pins and powerbutton above usb3 :p)
cpu: Intel i7-2600K
ram: 2x 4GB Geil GS34GB1333C9SC
motherboard: Asus P8H67-I Deluxe B3
psu: Silverstone ST50F-P with PP05 short cable kit
dvdburner: Plextor PX-L890SA

My housemate will be using this pc for watching movies (HD,divx,xvid,X264,etc), websurfing, normal standard stuff, so i hope i will not need another videocard, but just the built-in Intel HD Graphics HD3000 gpu.

I need a cooler to keep things cool and SILENTLY. I have been advised about the Scythe Big Shuriken 2. This one uses a slipstream 120mm fan which should be blowing down onto the cpu. The psu fan should then be facing away from the cpu right?...or should i let the slipstream blow air up...into the fan of the psu? I guess the 140mm fan in front is blowing fresh air into the case?

Another alternative is Thermalright AXP-140 RT heatsink, but it is hard to get now here. New stock will be arriving to Europe as Thermalright said to me. This cooler is rather high, 7cm without fan. Can i use this without a fan to cool the Intel i7-2600K? I won't be doing any overclocking.

I prefer to get the AXP-140 heatsink, cause the SODIMMS ram are also higher i think...but is it sufficient to cool passively?

Hope to hear some advice. Thanks a million. I order all parts already, except the cpu cooler.

Dilemma)I recommend you change front fan,because air flow from standard fan very small.If you want get SILENT,you need water cooling.Why?Because I have phenom x4 95W temperature without load 40,but I have problems with wires(see post above)

Dilemma)I recommend you change front fan,because air flow from standard fan very small.If you want get SILENT,you need water cooling.Why?Because I have phenom x4 95W temperature without load 40,but I have problems with wires(see post above)

Thanks for the info. Concerning the wires, i order a short cable kit for my PSU, so i guess that won't be a lot of problems then. Furtherly i will add only a SSD and a 2.5 inch harddisk at the bottom, so there should be enough space free under the PSU to hide some cables. Maybe install a 120mm fan blowing from the bottom up where any 3.5" harddisks should be mounted, comes into my mind (if possible).
Do you happen to know what the RPM is of the standard 140mm fan in this case?
I will take watercooling with a Corsair H50/H60 into account. Have to research first if any of these 2 will fit. I found a 120mm-140mm adapter for the fans. If there is still room between the fan and the PSU, mayb i can use it in a push/pull setup, but how can i finetune the rpm of the 140mm fan with the 120mm fan...what rpm's should i go for without creating lots of noise?...or doesn't it really matters which fan push/pull harder?
Should the H50/H60 be blowing air in or out?
Should i face the fan of my PSU to the cpu or away from it?
Thanks again for any advice.

After reading all the articles and looking at the screenshots, it looks like my best shot is to get hold of a Kooleance 140->120mm adapter, combined with a Corsair H60 and a Noctua 140mm fan for my setup.
Is this Kooleance adapter made of steel?
Don't seem to be able to find it in The Netherlands. Anyone suggestion?
If i connect the 140mm fan to a molex power plug, it will run its full speed all the time right?
The air should be blowing from outside into the radiator right? How do you keep it clean from dust?

Back