• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New HL2 shots

Holy Cow, these look like real photos. Unbelievable.

If this is the kind of thing that we will see in HL2, I'm sorry, but this put's what Doom3 has to shame.
 
If those are REAL in-game shots I'm gonna HAVE to get my hands on a 6800U!

However, that apartment bulding shot does look too damned real. There's not aliasing or anything...
 
Man this game can't get here fast enough. Hopefully gameplay will back the greatness of those graphics.
 
And when I complained DOOM3 got "boring" after the first few levels, everybody flamed me. It's all about "variety": Had DOOM3 incorporated indoor AND outdoor levels, or even some different colored textures inside the indoor levels (GOD the Alpha, Delta, etc. levels get so monotonous) I could have endured it. I haven't finished the game yet. (left it at Delta 3 I guess)

Good thing I kept my good ol 9800XT.
 
Cannibal Corpse said:
And when I complained DOOM3 got "boring" after the first few levels, everybody flamed me. It's all about "variety": Had DOOM3 incorporated indoor AND outdoor levels, or even some different colored textures inside the indoor levels (GOD the Alpha, Delta, etc. levels get so monotonous) I could have endured it. I haven't finished the game yet. (left it at Delta 3 I guess)

Good thing I kept my good ol 9800XT.


Ya that same level design is getting boring and lowers my interest in the game a bit.

HL2 looks like it'll has some variety.
 
the apartment photo is not real dont even say it is there would be aliasing on the power wire if it were not to mention many other palces
 
rcf1987 said:
the apartment photo is not real dont even say it is there would be aliasing on the power wire if it were not to mention many other palces

Who cares about the smallest insignificant thingy. It's still fucking beautiful.
 
fromage said:
Who cares about the smallest insignificant thingy. It's still fucking beautiful.

What he means is that the picture isnt a Half-Life 2 Screenshot, But yes, real life is beautiful.
 
It doesn't look EXACTLY like real life, but it's pretty close. Still has a cartoonish feel to it.
 
I can't wait for HL2, love doom 3 but I think it will be a distant memory once HL2 comes out. Hopefully I will be done with D3 before then :)
 
My god. That trailer is nothing short of absolutely amazing. I'm almost starting to get as hyped for HL2 as I was for HL1...

I remember when HL1 was released, I couldn't find a copy of it anywhere untill 3 days later. During that wait I remember watching HL1's trailer over, and over, and over... It almost started to hurt physically
 
fromage said:
It doesn't look EXACTLY like real life, but it's pretty close. Still has a cartoonish feel to it.

Erm... it's a real pic:p Those aren't all hl2 screenshots. They have 1 pic on the left that shows a sample of real life architecture and then the hl2 version on the right. That page only has one picture on it... which is a real one:p
 
Charles said:
Erm... it's a real pic:p Those aren't all hl2 screenshots. They have 1 pic on the left that shows a sample of real life architecture and then the hl2 version on the right. That page only has one picture on it... which is a real one:p

Exactly. Some people are so slow. :D. But seriously this is the half-life 2 screenshot to go along with that apartment buidling shot
screenshot.asp
 
and the "real life looking pic" is rendered with ray tracing.


something that will NOT be enabled in the game.

seriously, why are you guys so quick to jump over the fact that that is in-game play and it will "trounce" doom3.

LOL! Quick, hype up HL2 as much as possible so when it comes out you will start bitching.
 
Cannibal Corpse said:
Textures in DOOM3 looks like crap compared to Half Life 2.


Maybe that's because if they used high res textures on everything, and while we're at it, more polygons, the game simply could not run ....


...wait for the next iterations of the engine as hardware speeds and memory progress, and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

The engine will scale very well from what I've heard.
 
high res + spec light + bumpmapn + diffuse = no thx my comp already runs the game slow enuff.
 
Forget the pics. Yes, some of them are real life and the others are their HL2 counterparts. But forget them. That trailer is fuggin beautiful.
 
They were comparing that real life infrastructure pic to the level they based upon it if you guys didnt catch it..This game better have good gameplay unlike doom3 :p
 
I'm really glad that they took so long... :D


That apartment pic is amazing!!!
 
tylerhskate said:
They were comparing that real life infrastructure pic to the level they based upon it if you guys didnt catch it..This game better have good gameplay unlike doom3 :p


they're 2 completely different games???????? how can you compair gameplay?
 
did anyone d/l the Source engine video and watch it? -AMAZING- detail and it was fairly smooth to boot.

I think it's rendered on the fly b/c I was able to change settings in the video control panel and see them reflected in the video (things like colorfill, anti-aliasing, increase in clock speed, etc...)
 
SYN ACK said:
they're 2 completely different games???????? how can you compair gameplay?


easily...they're both games. If one was a game and the other was part of MS Office, I'd agree that they can't be compared.

That's almost like saying you can't compare a Ferrari to a Lamborghini because they're not the same... :p
 
Sorry about the confusion guys. Yes, as the paragraph on the website says, they are comparing real life photos to HL2 screenshots.

And yes, the trailer is nice as well. I just wish Valve would release all of the binks, and the game to boot.
 
The more I hear and see about this game the more I want it, let's just hope they actually keep their deadline this time.
 
Back
Top