• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New HL2 shots

You know what the funny thing is, im having a lot more fun playing the Doom collectors edition than I am playing Doom 3....dont ask why. :(
 
did anyone notice the sign in the game that said "Valve Running"?? I don't recall what level it was on, but I did get a kick out of it regardless if it was intended or not.
 
Dijonase said:
I don't think D3 in any way ripped off HL's storyline, but I did think there were little nods to HL along the way. After all, HL was a revolutionary FPS title. Can you blame the people who created the FPS for giving props to the people who revolutionized it?

The most obvious nod was the freight elevator right near the end of D3. The only thing missing was the falling headcrabs.

Have you played Deus-Ex2? If you had, you probably would have notice there's a freight elevator too. Did Deus-Ex2 rip-off HL too?

And since Doom3's freight elevator is definitly more similar to DeusEx2's one, that would mean Doom3 ripped-off Deus-Ex2 as well.

Come on, cut the crap. It's not like a freight elevator is something unique...
 
I know, people like to pick apart every little thing.....just sit back and enjoy the game.
 
CrazyBomber said:
Have you played Deus-Ex2? If you had, you probably would have notice there's a freight elevator too. Did Deus-Ex2 rip-off HL too?

And since Doom3's freight elevator is definitly more similar to DeusEx2's one, that would mean Doom3 ripped-off Deus-Ex2 as well.

Come on, cut the crap. It's not like a freight elevator is something unique...

Did you even read my post? I said that D3 didn't rip off HL, but that there were nods to HL in a few places. No, I haven't played Deus Ex 2, but the big open air freight elevator that descends diagonally seemed exactly like the one from HL, and the only times I've seen one are in HL and D3. It seemed like a respectful nod to HL rather than a rip off, and that's exactly what I said in my original post. Read a whole post before you attack someone.
 
personally i dont see a problem with people "ripping off ideas" from other games. if its good, use it. as long as copyrights aren't infringed, who cares? if it makes a better game, its all good in my book. i mean if i wrote a game, and some cool company like ID or valve copied my shit, id be flattered. quit crying you big babies!!!

all modern games ripped off pong anyways. wheres the love for mr. bushnell?
 
aight the biggest rip off that doom3 has from HL which u all forgot about are those health dispencers on the walls, like its 100% HL thing and ID just stole it
 
antonanton said:
aight the biggest rip off that doom3 has from HL which u all forgot about are those health dispencers on the walls, like its 100% HL thing and ID just stole it

Someone's never played the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. :rolleyes:
 
The pictures look great but from those angles and those resolutions, it is really impossible to tell what the textures and models look like up close. I will reserve judgement until I play the game. They look good but high res and closer pctures could reveal a disapointment.
 
Staples said:
The pictures look great but from those angles and those resolutions, it is really impossible to tell what the textures and models look like up close. I will reserve judgement until I play the game. They look good but high res and closer pctures could reveal a disapointment.
Yeah I must say I am a little impressed, since the outdoor environments look pretty nice, kind of like STALKER, which is cool. Especially comapred to those CSS shots. However things might look different when the game finally comes out. It seems with every game, the promo screens look a little better than when you actually play the game, maybe because you were just so excited based upon the screen shots that your exaggereate thier quality. Going to have to wait before I can make any real judgements as well. Looks fairly promising though. I wasn't that excited about this game, but it is gaining my interest a little more.
 
Back
Top