New Egg has The Old Rebuplic Collector's Edition

dude4life

n00b
New Egg still has the Collector's Edition for pre order. I want this out so the scalpers on eBay can't jack up the price on those of us that actually want it for the right reasons.

Yeah $150 is a little too rich for my blood. But, going to play it nonetheless despite my reservations.

I'm curious, do they charge your CC now or wait until release day?

$150!!!

wow!

I'm getting the regular edition. That said, thanks OP for the heads up.

get the standard edition, then you won't be out 150$ if it bombs in 2 months

New Egg still has the Collector's Edition for pre order. I want this out so the scalpers on eBay can't jack up the price on those of us that actually want it for the right reasons.

Be careful. Newegg continues to sale even if they end up having to cancel 1,000 pre-orders. There were VERY limited numbers of the CE. I called newegg yesterday to ask if they still had copies to pre-order or if ordering now would result in a canceled order come release.

They would not give me a straight answer and informed me that if there not enough copies all the other pre-orders would be cancelled.

I've purchased thousands of dollars of parts from newegg, but yesterday kinda of made me go wth. I understand over selling from a business standpoint but kind of BS with something like this.

Be careful. Newegg continues to sale even if they end up having to cancel 1,000 pre-orders. There were VERY limited numbers of the CE. I called newegg yesterday to ask if they still had copies to pre-order or if ordering now would result in a canceled order come release.

They would not give me a straight answer and informed me that if there not enough copies all the other pre-orders would be cancelled.

I've purchased thousands of dollars of parts from newegg, but yesterday kinda of made me go wth. I understand over selling from a business standpoint but kind of BS with something like this.

This is one of the reasons I shop for PC stuff almost exclusively at Amazon.com now.

This is one of the reasons I shop for PC stuff almost exclusively at Amazon.com now.

Yeap, I can pretty much guarantee that if your ordering the CE off newegg within the past month you are not going to receive anything. So whatever you do don't cancel your other orders. :D

i preordered from newegg on the 6th this past tuesday thinking that abunch of ce's free'd up and newegg was offering them. So im sol on getting one from newegg? I still have my preorder from walmart which is processing now /yay,but wont get here until the 29th. I preordered from newegg with over night shipping so i can have it on the 20th.

Anyone know if there's a reason they don't have the standard edition available for preorder? My wife and I each grabbed one of those $40 certs from Google Offers the other day, thinking we'd preorder from NE, but they don't seem to have it...

Newegg pretty much sucks now. I only go there for reviews, then I head over to amazon where it's cheaper even w/ prime (plus I get it faster too!)

Anyone know if there's a reason they don't have the standard edition available for preorder? My wife and I each grabbed one of those $40 certs from Google Offers the other day, thinking we'd preorder from NE, but they don't seem to have it...

For the exact reason I just stated above.

Companies do it so in case someone's original order doesn't process (bad CC or no funds in account) that they still end up selling their copies.

I couldnt get a straight answer from the rep, so who knows maybe they do still have CE's but I HIGHLY doubt it because everyone else has been sold out for like a month.

Newegg pretty much sucks now. I only go there for reviews, then I head over to amazon where it's cheaper even w/ prime (plus I get it faster too!)

Reviews are the worst part about Newegg. Many of them are written by retarded knuckleheads who know very little about computer hardware.

Little much for a game that you have to pay a monthly fee for anyway.

Reviews are the worst part about Newegg. Many of them are written by retarded knuckleheads who know very little about computer hardware.

Yep, and then they put "high level of tech knowledge" on their review, even though they don't know the difference between PCI and PCI-E (for example). :rolleyes:

Yep, and then they put "high level of tech knowledge" on their review, even though they don't know the difference between PCI and PCI-E (for example). :rolleyes:

I discounted them years ago when people were still buying Pentium 975 Extreme Editions over Core 2's stating that the Core 2 Duo was stupid because the clock speed was too low and the Pentium was actually faster. :eek: That's the level of tech knowledge you tend to see in Newegg "reviews."

Thanks for the info! I'm buying ten or fifteen to scalp on ebay.

Gonna be a nice christmas for me!

Thanks for the info! I'm buying ten or fifteen to scalp on ebay.

Gonna be a nice christmas for me!

I'll be honest, I bought one for that very purpose. I'd have bought more than that, but I'm not willing to risk it. If the game comes out and gets trashed in the reviews I don't want to be stuck with a ton of Collector's Editions for a crappy game that isn't selling. It's a bit of a gamble and I don't think the risk is all that high, I'm pretty sure they'll sell, but I'm not going to bet my bank account on it.

Yeap, I can pretty much guarantee that if your ordering the CE off newegg within the past month you are not going to receive anything. So whatever you do don't cancel your other orders. :D

Ordered mine in July the very moment it was up for preorder, so not too worried.

If they screwed me on it, it would be the first time in 5+ years they had let me down.

NewEgg on the other hand, let me down about 5 times in one month........which led me to Amazon and Prime. :D

If you get the CE, make sure to save EVERYTHING and keep it stored safely. You might be able to resell it in a couple years and make a decent profit. I did the same with my WoW CE.

There are idiots everywhere and reviews like that are easy to overlook. I glance them over and go yay or nay.

I will tell you I had a friend that wouldn't listen to me about not buying from newegg...he paid for it. Bought a new system, overnighted on a thursday...they shipped it fri and it got there monday (they don't do sat deliveries.) DOA PSU (pc would just power off randomly, had to use a spare that worked flawlessly). He RMAd it and they made him pay for shipping back even though he recieved it DOA.

Without derailing this thread anymore I just wanna say newegg sucks :). I got BF3 through the Amazon digital download service and it actually downloaded pretty quick and gave me a full install package to reinstall it with.

In other news...they now have an option for the standard edition that wasn't there when I asked about it the first time. Gonna be pre-ordering when I get home and have my code.

There are idiots everywhere and reviews like that are easy to overlook. I glance them over and go yay or nay.

I will tell you I had a friend that wouldn't listen to me about not buying from newegg...he paid for it. Bought a new system, overnighted on a thursday...they shipped it fri and it got there monday (they don't do sat deliveries.) DOA PSU (pc would just power off randomly, had to use a spare that worked flawlessly). He RMAd it and they made him pay for shipping back even though he recieved it DOA.

Without derailing this thread anymore I just wanna say newegg sucks :). I got BF3 through the Amazon digital download service and it actually downloaded pretty quick and gave me a full install package to reinstall it with.

I've been using Newegg since the days when no one really had heard of them. I've never had a problem with them. And I buy more computer hardware than most.

I just checked newegg, its saying out of stock and it wont let you pre-order any more, so there may still be hope for those that ordered in the last week or 2.

CollecTOR's edition?

Does it come with Origin forums opt-out and ban protection (due to non-participation)?

Confirmed.

Newegg Customer Service
Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject

Other order related questions
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (XXX)12/09/2011 11:39 AM

Dear XXX

Thank you for that information.

After checking that item on our website, I show that it is out of stock and you will be unable to pre-order it now. I apologize, but we currently do not have an ETA for the return of this product. Please use our "Auto Notify" feature located on the item's page to be notified of the product's availability. Once available, we will send you an automated email. Typically, these items are in high demand so act fast.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

Thank you,

XXXX
Newegg Customer Service

Once you know, you Newegg.

As a note to those grabbing their copies now, you likely won't get any "early access" since they are basing it on when you originally registered your copy.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=724314

Hello everyone,

We're happy to finally announce today that Early Game Access begins December 13th, 2011. This means that everyone who has pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic and redeemed their pre-order code will have up to seven days to play the game early.

As before, when your Early Game Access begins will be determined based on when you redeemed your pre-order code. You will be emailed on the day you are being admitted to Early Game Access to confirm you can now access the game.

Early Game Access was extended to seven days to allow us to gradually ramp up the number of people in the game over a longer period. This allows us to ensure maximum stability and a good population across servers. It also allows us to have more flexibility on exactly how many people we admit per day.

With that said, we're still planning on allowing a large number of people into Early Game Access on a daily basis. In our final Beta Testing Weekends, we had hundreds of thousands of players on the game servers - and we have additional server capacity for launch. However, we still need to remain flexible during Early Game Access, and this led to the decision to notify people on the day that their Early Game Access begins.

We know many of you expected and wanted advance notice on Early Game Access, but we made this decision to ensure that we could remain flexible and react to unforseen issues during launch. Our number one priority has always been a smooth launch, so this decision was a necessity.

The good news is that effectively everyone is being given two 'extra bonus' days as the EGA program is now up to seven days long. The bad news is unfortunately we cannot let people know on an individual basis when they will gain access until we are ready.

We do understand that you are concerned about when you will receive the email. To save your F5 keys, as well as being notified by email, you will also be able to check the Launcher for Star Wars: The Old Republic. When you have been granted Early Game Access, your Play button will be enabled. (You will need to restart the Launcher on occasion if you're still grey.) Finally, you will be able to login to your account page here on SWTOR.com and check your status.

We absolutely understand (and appreciate!) everyone's eagerness to play, but this plan will ensure that we don't fall at the final hurdle - bringing people into the game at launch. We hope you'll bear with us as we gradually grant Early Game Access to everyone who pre-ordered.

There is also no "grace period" once early access ends (around midnight the day before retail launch), you'll be locked out of the game until your physical package shows up (unless you went for digital), so if you didn't overnight it or plan to get it locally, you may be locked out a couple extra days at the end of the early access.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=11944671#edit11944671

Our sales and marketing teams are working closely with retailers in the US and Europe to ensure that copies of Star Wars: The Old Republic will be delivered in time for launch day.

In Europe, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 15, 2011. For those of you in the USA and Canada, game copies will be available at retail starting on December 20, 2011. For those of you who pre-ordered digital editions of the game from Origin.com, you will be emailed your Game Codes starting December 16, 2011.

As soon as you receive your Game Code (AKA 'product registration code'), be sure to enter it on your account under Code Redemption, because as soon as you enter the code you will receive your digital entitlements in-game (i.e. digital items included with the game edition purchased). Remember, your billing cycle will not start until official game launch, on December 20, 2011 at 12:01am EST.

There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the game. In order to continue playing past the Early Game Access period, you will need to enter a valid launch game code and payment method. Please read our FAQ for more information. We apologize for any previous messaging which may have led you to believe otherwise.

Just posting this so people who are grabbing copies at the last minute know what to expect since BW has done a pretty shitty job of clarifying things up to this point.

I've been using Newegg since the days when no one really had heard of them. I've never had a problem with them. And I buy more computer hardware than most.

I've never had a problem with them either really, but I do agree that their return system is pretty fail compared to Amazon. I shouldn't have to pay return shipping if the item is DOA, plain and simple. With Amazon you don't even have to talk to a person. Just click Return, put in a reason, and they automatically generate a UPS label for you to return it with.

I've never had a problem with them either really, but I do agree that their return system is pretty fail compared to Amazon. I shouldn't have to pay return shipping if the item is DOA, plain and simple. With Amazon you don't even have to talk to a person. Just click Return, put in a reason, and they automatically generate a UPS label for you to return it with.

Yeah I don't like that either. I shouldn't have to pay return shipping on something truly defective. I see the other side of the coin as well, but I don't have to like it.

Back