• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New eBay Auction Forum - BETA

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,486
We are going to give this a try. You are welcome to link your eBay auctions here. One post per auction. Same rules here as apply to FSFT. Let's see how this works out.

Feel free to post your suggestions and thoughts in this thread.

Thanks.

Edit:

Item name, the end date, and the listing price must be in the thread title.

ex: Kyle's used underwear - Ends 6/21/2012 @ 5:50PM EST - $5.00

Currently you are allowed THREE THREADS containing ONE ITEM each.
 
Last edited:
ooooh should be good. Definitely going to be a big hit here.

[H] should become sponsored by Ebay as well :)
 
I don't get it. why not just post it in FS/FT and save the ridiculous eBay fees rather than posting eBay listings here?
 
I don't get it. why not just post it in FS/FT and save the ridiculous eBay fees rather than posting eBay listings here?

My viewpoint on that topic is you do not always get what you are wanting or even what something is worth from forum trades for one reason or another. VERY OFTEN you do get what you want out of it. But there is not always a buyer for your product. Or at least one in your price range. That being said with Ebay your item is almost always going to sell unless you list your starting price higher than comperable "Completed Listings" have actually sold successfully for.

There have been at least a half dozen items in the last year i have resorted to ebay after having them listed here for several weeks, and i for one as a seller would have loved the oprotunity to post my auction on [H] for more exposure. Just because someone did not want to pay a price i wanted or make what i felt was a acceptable offer, does not mean that someone would not at least bid on my auction. If they win or not, they are still raising the final value of my auction.

In the end, if done right, Ebay will sell your item in a Fixed amount of time that you can be guaranteed a sale with a variable dollar amount who's range you are aware of ahead of time. Most of the time the selling price minus the fees equates to the same you were originally asking for on forums.

Just my 2 Copper.
 
I think it would be good if the posters list what they are selling on ebay ( not just a link) to make searching much easier.
 
I assume products that we sell on eBay for new (for profit, etc.) are off-limits still?
 
I know the FSFT had a 50 post limit and having seen the spamming people do to get that. I would suggest putting the same account restrictions and possibly upping the required post count to 100. And grandfathering in those that ask nicely as you have done previously.

I just don't want to see useless ebay spammers/bots screwing up the community we have here.
 
Last edited:
Is this intended for people to post their own auctions? Good deals on others? Weird/exotic stuff?

All the above?
 
Sounds like a great idea to test things. If people don't want the ebay fees, they can post in FS/FT. If someone wants a little competition to buy their product, they can link to ebay. Let the fun begin!
 
It would be nice if the Item name, the end date, and the listing price were all in the thread title.

ex:

Kyle's used underwear - Ends 6/21/2012 @ 5:50PM EST - $5.00
 
Seems to be a good idea. I'm sure it will work itself out. Might even give more exposure to more for sale items.
 
This should get moved under the For Sale section and keep General Mayhem at the bottom. That way the 'money' sections are grouped together. If it stays this way I'll just get used to it, lol.
 
I assume products that we sell on eBay for new (for profit, etc.) are off-limits still?
This is a good question. I'm guessing all the rules of FSFT apply with the sole exception of ebay links?
Though, it would be cool to allow for profit sales, given the ebay third party intermediary provides a little more protections.
 
Is this intended for people to post their own auctions? Good deals on others? Weird/exotic stuff?

All the above?

Good question. Not sure if some of those would be better suited to the Hot Deals forum, though, like with the nice Korean hi-res LCD's (which I still say I'm going to get, but haven't yet).
 
Is this forum below genmay for anyone else in the list? Its ruining my browsing cause I'm so used to genmay being at the bottom for that location :)
 
Is it not possible to pull information from the eBay auction and fill in the post with it's details?
 
I assume products that we sell on eBay for new (for profit, etc.) are off-limits still?

Correct, this is not a place for new e-tail business.

Is this intended for people to post their own auctions? Good deals on others? Weird/exotic stuff?

All the above?

Yes.

It would be nice if the Item name, the end date, and the listing price were all in the thread title.

ex:

Kyle's used underwear - Ends 6/21/2012 @ 5:50PM EST - $5.00

Yes, added to the OP.

This should get moved under the For Sale section and keep General Mayhem at the bottom. That way the 'money' sections are grouped together. If it stays this way I'll just get used to it, lol.

Yes.

Is it not possible to pull information from the eBay auction and fill in the post with it's details?

No HTML allowed.
 
I can't figure out the issue with the permissions and access / posting issues that some of you are having. Have to get the big guns in on this one. Be patient....thanks.
 
Very cool.
I don't see why any member would choose to sell something on eBay, when they have FS/FT, but def a great idea to link awesome ebay deals etc. As mentioned by Ur_Mom, those korean LCD ebay auctions seem to be a great candidate for this forum.
 
Kyle, I assume the FS/FT mods should be looking after this new forum?
 
It would be nice if the Item name, the end date, and the listing price were all in the thread title.

ex:

Kyle's used underwear - Ends 6/21/2012 @ 5:50PM EST - $5.00

link?


Someone may have asked this already but is this intended only for your personal listings or if we see a good deal on Ebay it is okay to link it and share?
 
I don't like this, cus it moves genmay down on the forum listing :mad:


Jk im glad to see this section!
 
Edit: Nevermind, you mentioned it already.
I like the new forum. Gives me another place to shop around in.
 
Kyle, I assume the FS/FT mods should be looking after this new forum?

Let's leave it alone for the moment, I want to see what kind of problems we are going to have to deal with before we start putting the hammer down.

We can all keep an eye on it for stuff that obvious rule breakers and give infractions.
 
Well,he posts his opinion and gets a snippy response?? :confused:

His opinion offered NOTHING in the way of improving the forum. It was more of a "I don't know why you would drink Coke when you can have Pepsi." Ok, then don't buy Coke. If eBay is not your thing, then simply do not click on that forum and it will never bother you. Promise.
 
I read the whole thread and it seems you didnt post a link to the used underwear listing.
 
Have you also thought about adding Amazon marketplace? It works the same way as Ebay except for the bidding part.

Doesn't hardforums also use Amazon affiliate links? http://hardforum.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=92

If so then I would think it would benefit both the forum and the people in the community if items sold in the marketplace are eligible for commissions.
 
Maybe have a limit on the number of auctions a person can post so someone with a store doesn't come in and post 1000 auctions one thread at a time and block everyone else from having theirs seen on the first page?

Maybe have a subforum for people with ebay stores to just post their entire store link to keep the above from happening?
 
Maybe have a limit on the number of auctions a person can post so someone with a store doesn't come in and post 1000 auctions one thread at a time and block everyone else from having theirs seen on the first page?

Maybe have a subforum for people with ebay stores to just post their entire store link to keep the above from happening?

Yeah, it would be cool if everyone gets one active thread- just as in FS/T, that way people don't hog the forum.
 
Back
Top