New DRebel Thread (w/pics)

Emberghost

Gawd
Last night there was a beautiful sunset after the rain went by, It was perfect timing. I sacrificed a pair of shoes for these haha. :p

The sun in this was hiding behind the large cloud form at the bottom.

sunset93pb.jpg

sunset107ii.jpg

Very neat clouds at top

sunset113ct.jpg

sunset128yi.jpg

panorama63ct.jpg

Enjoy! ;)

Nice pics, but now you got me thinking/wanting to see pics of the "sacrified shoes :( " :D !

Those are some very nice and warm colors. Definately a lot warmer than the snow here in ID that is almost melting from rain, but somehow managing to survive in small clumps.

I especially like the first sillouette. The sky has awesome colors there just moving from a cool-yet-warm blue-grey to orange, and finally the black sillouettes. The second sillouette with the bush looks too busy for my taste, but the colors are still fantastic.

And does it look like the shoes will have survived this photoshoot? :)

Haha, thanks you two. Ya the shoes survived woo hoo. Just needed some spit shine and a lil miracle heh. :p

Emberghost, you take some of the best Sunset pictures I have seen. Love them all. Keep it up, and keep them coming.

Decided to try some self portraits today. The lighting was the window shade from my room. Used my 50mm. If you all had to guess, how old am I?

light30qo.jpg

light49cc.jpg

light52og.jpg

light64ha.jpg

One for the girly =P

heart21qb.jpg

Enjoy...

Emberghost said:
Decided to try some self portraits today. The lighting was the window shade from my room. Used my 50mm. If you all had to guess, how old am I?

Enjoy...

I like the second pic (followed by the 3rd)! They're all good don't get me wrong though, lol! Well, except the last one, damn QUEER (j/k lol! Women make us do the darndest things) :(

As far as your age... I would say 24? :eek:

Dammit, now I am wondering what age you really are? Why must you have a twist to your threads..... First the "Lost/ Battered Shoes," now the "Guess My Age." :mad:

:) (just kidding of course)

O'Doyle said:
As far as your age... I would say 24? :eek:

Dammit, now I am wondering what age you really are? Why must you have a twist to your threads..... First the "Lost/ Battered Shoes," now the "Guess My Age." :mad:

:) (just kidding of course)

Makes things more exciting at almost 1 in the morning haha. And 24 WOW, i wish. :p

Damn you and your infinite wizardry :mad: .....

You still haven't answered your own "twist." It's like an open-ended answer :mad: ......

ps: To pass the time, you can visit my thread... No one else seems to want to comment/ make fun/ etc... :(
Maybe I should have my very own "Twist?" Got any ideas.... maybe....

"I was eating a corndog and ruined/ desecrated my favorite shirt.....It was given to me by my long-lost brother that happened to have saved my life." "Anyway, can you guess what color stain was left?"

"Was it mustard or was it ketchup? Dun Dun Dun!"

Anyway here's my lonely thread (cheap plug):
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=861290

I'd say 15-19 (kept it broad so theres a better shot of me being right :rolleyes: )

Anyways, can you tell us already this game is angering me :D

You are only 6freakinteen? :)

N64man was right all along.... Dammit, I lost the guessing game :( !

Atleast one of the mysteries have been solved...... Now for that shoe! :p lol!

Second pic is pure Kevin Bacon :) Not that that's a bad thing. Sixteen. Damn. Lol. What I'd give to be 16 again :p

(I'm 19 lol. I'm not an old geezer, but still missing my high school years)

High school is the shit I must say. Two more for all you peoples, you know you love my face haha.

My gf gave me a keychain with this on it heh. :p

light85se.jpg

light90hk.jpg

Hey, can you give a little write up about your thoughts on the digital rebel? I love photography, I took one class in college that was by far my favorite. I used my dad's old slr for a while, but ever since I got my digital elph that's all i use(much cheaper than developing). I've been thinking about saving up for the rebel, it seems to be the best cost/performance for a manual camera. that was a long winded question. Thanks!

The rebel is great. Take advantage of all the rebates (if there still are any). It should be down to about $700 for now. I've got a thread on the rebel.... and it convinced me to buy it :D

Emberghost said:
Sky reflectiong off our small pond

Wow.

You know, that is one of the most amazing pictures I have seen since I subscribed to this forum. I don't know why, but I just really like this one.

Mad props, Ember. Mad props. :)

Emberghost said:
Sky reflectiong off our small pond
http://img219.exs.cx/img219/229/reflections7lk.jpg[/URL]
fullsize? Any photoshop work on it (hope not)?

GLSauron said:

Why not? In the world of digital, post processing is almost as important as taking the shot. Using photoshop is part of the art, I don't see why people are so against it. When you take your roll of film to a lab, they do a bunch of post processing too. That's no different than this, just you're doing it.

cause that looks awesome as is, hope it didn't need photoshop work to make it like that. Maybe just the ability to say "untouched by photoshop" for whatever reason...

GLSauron said:

Here is a higher res version if you would like.

I edited the color to give it a little more 'pop' and less bland. But beside that it's from the camera, sorry if that dissapoints :p

I'm glad you all really like it. I wanted to try the same in larger puddles but I live in a not so flat area and it didn't rain hard enough.

------------------------------------------------------------

Look what greated and surprised me on my desk in class today from my awesome girly.

Don't bring the big 'ol SLR to the dance. I made that mistake, although I didn't have a date...so after working on this technique ("dragging the shutter @ 1/2-1 sec w/ flash") and being at the right spot up front near the yellow/green strobes the entire night I got a good photo...

photos_img_05021075.jpg

I only needed to do some minor levels adjustments to give the image a more saturated look (and of course the recomended dose of sharpening prescribed by processing DSLR images) and a crop to shave off a tiny bit, but other than that no PS work. But overall, PS is a great tool that all photographers need to learn -- only photojournalists really have a reason to avoid using it. ;)

BTW, beautiful colors in the pond reflection. The framing from the green foreground and the dark shadows really add a lot to the reflection of the sky. A well-placed 8x10 crop on this photo would make it a knock-out. You don't have to stick with the default 3:2 ratio from the camera :)

Tim_axe said:
You don't have to stick with the default 3:2 ratio from the camera :)

If you're lazy you do lol. I'll leave that up to whomever would like to use it. Here's some more pictures from today. Was over at one of my good friends messin around playing some bball.

Me

KevC said:
Second pic is pure Kevin Bacon :) Not that that's a bad thing. Sixteen. Damn. Lol. What I'd give to be 16 again :p

(I'm 19 lol. I'm not an old geezer, but still missing my high school years)

Man, I am 25 and wouldnt go back to high school for a scrillion dollars. Trust me when I say it only gets better ;)

Mcseiam said:
Man, I am 25 and wouldnt go back to high school for a scrillion dollars. Trust me when I say it only gets better ;)

I'll second that! (23 here)

Very nice! I looked at your deviantart gallery too, you seem especially adept at using light to its best advantage in your photographs and have quite a bit of talent. Plus a cute girlfriend

Mcseiam said:
Thank you for giving me hope! I'm out of high school in three months...besides meeting my amazing girlfriend, I don't have a whole lot of positive things to say about the last four years. College can't come soon enough for me.

Mcseiam said:

I would go back in a heartbeat if I could take my brain of NOW with me.

I dont think there were any girls in my school I couldnt have banged if I knew then what I know now :p The only thing dumber than a teenage boy (no offense, you will understand later in life, and besides at 16 you are 10x the photographer I am at 31) is a teenage girl. Although that changes around 20 years old. All the sudden the girls are women and they no longer fall for any of our bullshit :eek: :eek:

You have a $900 camera, yet you spend time making it look like it was taken with a crappy 35mm. ;)

I like the spider one, though. :)

lorcani said:
You have a $900 camera, yet you spend time making it look like it was taken with a crappy 35mm. ;)

I like the spider one, though. :)

Um I don't exactly know what you mean by this? my editing maybe? This was takin at sunset so it was low light, so I had to do what I could to keep the shutter quick enough to catch me. I am also not the one taking the pictures obviously, my friend with very little camera know-how is. ;)

Back