New DRebel Thread (w/pics)

Tiny said:
Embeghost....

cool pics, as always!

But one thing....I am going to hurt you if you don't start making your pics availble for prints, there are at least 10 that I want sized to 20x30(at least) and framed on my wall.

If you don't do it....I will hate you. And you don't want someone hating you for the rest of their lives do you?

;) :p

Hah, of course I don't. How do you suppose the best way to get prints from me would be? A public type of site available to all who are interested I would think? I could easily get a prints account on deviantart ( http://shop.deviantart.com/ ). Try to look into it for me and we could definitely get something going. I'm very flattered you show that much interest in them. If nothing PM me and something could get arranged. :)

---------------------------------------------------

By the way, the above fishing pictures were not supposed to amaze you all, just to share a fun time. And no we did not eat the poor little guys heh, I wouldn't trust anything out of that pond anyways. =P

Have a good day everyone while I study for SAT's woo hoo!!! :p

WesM63 said:
Ember,
I like the fishing story and some nice pictures as well!

Thank you very much, nice to smile every once in a while. And share it with the youngins is always great too.

If you're going for the artistic approach, theyre pretty healthy in that regard. I think maybe in the first shot, it might be overexposed a tad. The detail around the eye got washed out a bit, and I think if that detail was there, the eye would pop more than it does. The top half is pretty cool, but the detail under the eye was lost, either in post process or exposure.

Again, it depends what you're going for. I thought you did a nice job with the fish pics on the last page. Are you running photoshop on your system? If so, theres a tool called Shadows and Highlights under the Image -> Adjust menu that takes a lot of shadows out of shots like that where shadows are unavoidable. Playing with the values there can really enhance some of those, as well as a tad of unsharp mask, which would make them stand out even more.

Keep taking and sharing shots, and have fun!

nullvector said:
If you're going for the artistic approach, theyre pretty healthy in that regard. I think maybe in the first shot, it might be overexposed a tad. The detail around the eye got washed out a bit, and I think if that detail was there, the eye would pop more than it does. The top half is pretty cool, but the detail under the eye was lost, either in post process or exposure.

Again, it depends what you're going for. I thought you did a nice job with the fish pics on the last page. Are you running photoshop on your system? If so, theres a tool called Shadows and Highlights under the Image -> Adjust menu that takes a lot of shadows out of shots like that where shadows are unavoidable. Playing with the values there can really enhance some of those, as well as a tad of unsharp mask, which would make them stand out even more.

Keep taking and sharing shots, and have fun!

Thanks a lot. I'm going to try to redo the first and see if i can achieve the same look while keeping more detail.

I am familiar with the shadows and UM options, both were used within these. Thanks for the helpful advice and lookin.

So Saturday night was my Junior Prom and it was awesome! Here are some shots from before.

prom60pt.jpg

me, stephanie, sister, cousin

You can see the rest here:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img_viewer.php?g=prom17ug.jpg

atherton213 said:
great pictures.... how did you take the sprinkler one?

Well since it only sprays about 180 degrees, I was able to come up behind it. I faced the sun to try and achieve a high shutter speed, and then shot. =] The depth may make it appear like it is 'in it' per say.

I'm super excited, just purchased a Canon 70-200 f4L, that's right L!!!!!!!!!! Should be here in like a week, I can't wait!!! This and snapfish has $.12 prints woop woop. Life is going to be good. Workin full time has it's +'s hah. :D

Emberghost said:
I'm super excited, just purchased a Canon 70-200 f4L, that's right L!!!!!!!!!! Should be here in like a week, I can't wait!!! This and snapfish has $.12 prints woop woop. Life is going to be good. Workin full time has it's +'s hah. :D

You won't be dissapointed :)

Congrats. All of the 70-200 L's are very good. It is one of the few ranges where the zoom is not only more convinient than the primes, but for the most part also performs the same as the primes in that range. (Except for the small things like f/2.0, etc). I'd love to have one as you probably know. :)

Keep up the cool photo ideas - like that sprinkler - and use the new lens to continue to impress. Cheers.

You clean up pretty well, EG (Prom Shots).

Simply great work, PLEASE keep filling this thread until to breaks the [H] servers. Gives we noobs something to shoot for (pun intended) :D

mwarps said:
You clean up pretty well, EG (Prom Shots).

Simply great work, PLEASE keep filling this thread until to breaks the [H] servers. Gives we noobs something to shoot for (pun intended) :D

You ask and you shall receive heh. ;)

300D + 50mm f1.8

Sorry if some of the shots seem redundant.

SicFuc said:
sure thing...
[IG]http://www.sicnessmedia.com/model/1.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://www.sicnessmedia.com/bw/6.jpg[/IMG]
Who's the hottie?

Ember, wow. I'd pay you to take a couple of pics! All of the pics are generally A+ in terms of quality and prettiness. Simply amazed. :) Here's some of mine taken with a Minolta Dimage 7Hi. None of them were post-processed at all.

I was in France and took the picture. I have other similar pictures but in different angles. If anyone truly wants to see them, ask!
DuckiesAreSweet.jpg

My house, with a glow behind it. Sorry for the small image size.
Glow.jpg

I was in Kiev, Ukraine (near Russia for those who don't know). Thunderstorm was approaching. Perfect opportunity to take a picture.
KievSceneryAsThunderstormRollsBy.jpg

I drove by a huge field in Kalisz, Poland. Perfect shot while in a moving car.
jeffsbackground.jpg

Thoughts? :D Be honest, I know they suck anyway. :p

-J.

Very nice shots, I like the positioning and use of the natural lighting. My favorite would be the one you took in Kiev, Ukraine, very well done. Keep us updated on your adventures. :D I've always wanted to go to Europe.

I was bored and tried some stuff with water again. I know they arn't original or anything but I was just experimenting with the 50mm.

What gravity?

It was really hard to get sharp focus when your at f1.8 and such, I'm not to happy with any of the above, but thought someone might find them kinda neat.

ALL A+ shots.....

EXCEPT for this one....
sunset350za.jpg

but the composition is a little off...hes got the cloud or w/e sticking out the right side of his head

always look at the heads...if theres something sticking out that shouldnt be....move! :p

although that shot would be hard to move...unless you wanted to hide the sun behind his body

4b5eN+EE said:
ALL A+ shots.....

EXCEPT for this one....
sunset350za.jpg

but the composition is a little off...hes got the cloud or w/e sticking out the right side of his head

always look at the heads...if theres something sticking out that shouldnt be....move! :p

although that shot would be hard to move...unless you wanted to hide the sun behind his body

Hah you are very right, and that 'him' is me lol. I like your observation because I didn't even see it that way, but it's not really something I could control when you set the camera on the timer and hussle lol. Thanks for the crit. ;)
:D

So the moment I've been waiting for, my new L glass has finally arrived in all its greatness. And right on time for another awesome sunset...I'm so excited, I can't wait till it gets light again!

All out of camera with no editing, resized of course.

229_1.jpg

I'm pretty sure all were at 400 ISO.

BillLeeLee said:
Awesome. Today I tried the Nikkor 80-200/2.8 - god it was such a nice lens.

Ya I know what your saying, everything about this lens is incredible. The focusing is Very fast, quiet, and you could say 'fluid'.

The only downside is it looks a little goofy. :p white lens with silver camera hehe

Here's a panorama from tonight as well. For some reason it is really hard to stitch them together...

Now you don't need to worry so much about getting the 135mm f/2.8 SF. ;)

I should begin working as a lifeguard by the end of this week / beginning of next, so before long I'll be able to add a 70-200mm lens to my arsenal. I just hope [TQ] doesn't catch us with the tacky silver-body + semi-big lens combos and add us to that Camera People thing he has going on. :p

Cheers

Why didn't you guys get the cool black body Rebels? :D I just have something against silver colors.

Maybe because one of the professors in Hong Kong with me (whom we all hated) used a silver Rebel, and he would take pictures of us at such random times. And he said, and I quote directly: "I set my camera to ISO1600 and just forget it. My pictures come out GREAT." Yeah, not really. ;)

Black (infinitely) > silver :p

Of course, if that's your preference, more power to you. :)

(I think I just set a record for smiley usage)

BillLeeLee said:
Why didn't you guys get the cool black body Rebels? :D I just have something against silver colors.

Maybe because one of the professors in Hong Kong with me (whom we all hated) used a silver Rebel, and he would take pictures of us at such random times. And he said, and I quote directly: "I set my camera to ISO1600 and just forget it. My pictures come out GREAT." Yeah, not really. ;)

Black (infinitely) > silver :p

Of course, if that's your preference, more power to you. :)

(I think I just set a record for smiley usage)

Hah, ya I wouldn't mind a black one, but I bought this one from a friend a while ago. I don't remember when they introduced the black body 300D's but I got mine in November I think it was.

Have a nice day ya'll. About to head off to the girly's sister's soccer game. Testin out the 70-200.

Here's a few from yesterday at some little league type of thing.

Came out of the camera this way.

Some soccer shots of my girls sister #6, they are in competitive U-13 I think it was. I sat with my girl the whole game, so I wasn't movin around for these shots. These were from the second half because for the first she played the position as far as she could be from me haha, ironic.

She played a defensive wing so she didn't get as much action as I woulda liked. They won 3-0 woop woop. :D

Ember,
Nice pics as always! Looks like you like the new lens! I love that last pic, nice PS work!

Tryin out the new lens with some bird shots, harder than it looks i figured out haha.

Playing peek-a-boo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today me and two friends went fishin and had a successful day at the American River catching some Shad. They fish a whole lot more than me and brought waders, I didn't know i needed them and came in jeans. So you gotta do what ya gotta do and I took one for the team and just waded out in my boxers lol. But it was worth it as you can see, That was the smallest of the 3 I caught. Good times haha. :p

Not the best but shows the location.

Back