New CSS models

Nomikal

Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
712
Friday, February 3 2006

"We mentioned last week that we'd be giving people a sneak peek at the two new models coming to Counter-Strike: Source this month, and hopefully these don't disappoint. Here are the new SAS and Leet Crew posing for the camera."

Nomikal-leet_krew.jpg


Nomikal-sas.jpg
 
with all this Blizzard crap going on, I am sure the next ones will have a rainbow patch.
 
D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
they need to give the l337 krew the shiny warden-from-cool-hand-luke glasses back :mad:

There are glasses.. check it out.

Here are some bigger pics.





I can't believe they added gayass RAZOR cell phones on the belt :rolleyes:
 
Circuitbreaker8 said:
lol the columbines? :p

That's the SAS. ;) I thought they were always the hardest to see in 1.6, esp on de_aztec. (gamma settings fixed this though)
 
Is it just me or do the new modles look really boxy, as in.. lack of polygons, compared to the older models? :confused:
 
I think the screen shots on from a lower-end computer, and by looking at the SG552(gun in the terrorist hands) in the picture... I'd say the settings are set on low as well.

I hope so anyways.. because they DO look awfully blockish.
 
Luxor said:
There are glasses.. check it out.

Here are some bigger pics.





I can't believe they added gayass RAZOR cell phones on the belt :rolleyes:

I know they're glasses, but they're not shiny enough! That or he's in particularily dark shadow or something.
 
The fact that they're still adding models kinda drives home how spectacularly beta CSS has been for the past 2 years, and still is. I mean, I appreciate it, but back when HL2 came out they were saying CSS was the perfect replacement for a real multiplayer mode...when actually they weren't charging extra because, hey, it was still beta.
 
Odd, the new T model has a cellphone.. looks branded, as well.. screens look good..
 
Yeah CS:S might still seem like a BETA.

IMO to get it out of its "BETA" version Valve has to do the following:
Finishing adding the models
FIX THE GOD DAMN HITBOX PROBLEM
Just some other misc tweaks on everything in the game, like the netcode, weapons, etc
There is also a crotch problem out there, where it messes with your field of view.

They have plenty of maps out there, so the maps are good. Maybe add HDR to all of the other maps, before creating new maps. I would really love to see Italy with HDR, as I think the effects would be astounding. CS:S did make a HUGE improvement since it did came out and now Valve just has to add the finishing touches on it.
 
Jeez.. You would think the terrorist would carry a better phone with the selections they have in Dublai :rolleyes:
 
why are all u bitching wow enjoy the fact the valve cares about their community. :)
 
AlexStenka said:
why are all u bitching wow enjoy the fact the valve cares about their community. :)

QFT

I have only seen a few other companies regularly release FREE updates and maps to their game.

Best in the business is Epic in my opinion, but Valve is doing a mighty fine job.
 
This isn't really an update. It's a much delayed missing portion of the actual game. By the way, there still needs to be another "update" on the last 2 models in the game. :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll actually make MORE models this time instead of a dull, four, to choose from. Especially when everyone used to pick the "LEET DOOD" all the time in 1.6. Or, how about having some customization of the skin or face or clothing. I know it's possible because people over at http://www.insmod.net are implementing customization into thier mod (which is probably going to be hell of a lot more fun than CSS, by the looks of it).
 
Hooray for new content. I just hope that they will release an official fix for the favorites list before they release the new models.
 
synergyo1 said:
Jeez.. You would think the terrorist would carry a better phone with the selections they have in Dublai :rolleyes:


He needs to get one of them sturdy nextels. No way that little phone will survive in battle.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
Yeah CS:S might still seem like a BETA.

IMO to get it out of its "BETA" version Valve has to do the following:
Finishing adding the models
FIX THE GOD DAMN HITBOX PROBLEM
Just some other misc tweaks on everything in the game, like the netcode, weapons, etc
There is also a crotch problem out there, where it messes with your field of view.

They have plenty of maps out there, so the maps are good. Maybe add HDR to all of the other maps, before creating new maps. I would really love to see Italy with HDR, as I think the effects would be astounding. CS:S did make a HUGE improvement since it did came out and now Valve just has to add the finishing touches on it.

Ugh, again, there IS NO HITBOX PROBLEM. That is what people say when they don't have enough skills. Do you want to know how I know? Because I was a noob once who said the same thing.

Practice, and then you'll get good. Oh, and just to prove my point, make this adjustment in the console cl_crosshairscale 5000. Normally it is 1200. This will make your crosshairs very tiny which will allow you to put them right on an enemies head. Pull the trigger for a SHORT BURST, not he whole clip. Wanna know what happens next? BOOM, HEADSHOT!

If you are having issues, it is either you skill level or the server you are playing on....period.
 
Entropy said:
QFT

I have only seen a few other companies regularly release FREE updates and maps to their game.

Best in the business is Epic in my opinion, but Valve is doing a mighty fine job.

Updates? Please, these are parts of the game that already SHOULD be there. There should be more than one model in a game...And there should be more than 4-5 maps. These are all features that are supposed to be in the game, but were 'delayed'.

I've said this before. It's apart of valve's future and marketing. valve releases updates/news weekly, which keeps the players attentive, but the problem is that valve most likely has a calender marked up a year ahead, which saids...FEB. 29, 2006 release new models. March 13th...release new map lol...They probably already have most of this stuff done. They're just slowly letting it out so that it gives them time to develope something else(like half life 2:aftermath) that's a big hit while keeping their fan base.
 
I don't know about anyone else, but I got my favorites back two days ago.

After the last update I lost them all. Then two days ago they showed up again.
 
Nomikal said:
Updates? Please, these are parts of the game that already SHOULD be there. There should be more than one model in a game...And there should be more than 4-5 maps. These are all features that are supposed to be in the game, but were 'delayed'.

I've said this before. It's apart of valve's future and marketing. valve releases updates/news weekly, which keeps the players attentive, but the problem is that valve most likely has a calender marked up a year ahead, which saids...FEB. 29, 2006 release new models. March 13th...release new map lol...They probably already have most of this stuff done. They're just slowly letting it out so that it gives them time to develope something else(like half life 2:aftermath) that's a big hit while keeping their fan base.


Uh, incase you didn't notice, you didn't pay $50 for CSS. If you had, then you would have room to gripe about it not coming wih things that should have been there. However, the game came free with HL2. If you choose to buy it serparate, its only $20.

I myself love the updates, even if your theory is true, because it keeps the game fresh over a long period of time. If all the shit the game has now was there a year and a half ago when it released, chances are I would be alot more bored with the game than I am. The fact that something new seems to come out once a month or so means there is always something new to try out.
 
finalgt said:
The fact that they're still adding models kinda drives home how spectacularly beta CSS has been for the past 2 years, and still is. I mean, I appreciate it, but back when HL2 came out they were saying CSS was the perfect replacement for a real multiplayer mode...when actually they weren't charging extra because, hey, it was still beta.

CS is and always will be changing, thats why its so successful


I love the leet crue, thats the model i always played w/ in 1.6
 
i still miss the old leet krew with the green shirt and brown khakis.. its a jacket now.. maybe some armor under it. i remember my friends dressed up as leet krew for halloween.. i mean they had the clothes lying around the house already.
 
Back
Top