New Battlefield Free-to-Play (similar to BF2)

No key here either. If anyone has an extra, I will be much appreciative!

I am going to say it again...it's F-R-E-E! I'm just happy we have a PC centric Battlefield game again, regardless of how it's delivered.

Last edited:
OK, someone gave me a Code, time to return the favor, as I just got one........PM me and I'll give you a code

I thought the rule with BF2free was we weren't supposed to talk about it? :p

But if you view it as an early closed beta test of a free fps game, it isn't bad. I'd grade it as incomplete at the moment.

If you want to compare it to say Bad Company 2 (triple A paid for title), or a hypothetical BF3, then yes it sucks.

OK, someone gave me a Code, time to return the favor, as I just got one........PM me and I'll give you a code

sorry, key has been sent/used...if you get one, and don't need it, pass it on...

And, the game does need a lot of work...but it is fun in some strange way

I thought the rule with BF2free was we weren't supposed to talk about it? :p

But if you view it as an early closed beta test of a free fps game, it isn't bad. I'd grade it as incomplete at the moment.

If you want to compare it to say Bad Company 2 (triple A paid for title), or a hypothetical BF3, then yes it sucks.

thats not the point these idiots devs should know if your going to make a Beta atleast put out a decent Beta so people are like wow I can see myself playing this. after 20 minutes I felt like punching the devs in the face for being a complete bunch of tards

thats not the point these idiots devs should know if your going to make a Beta atleast put out a decent Beta so people are like wow I can see myself playing this. after 20 minutes I felt like punching the devs in the face for being a complete bunch of tards

From my experience of closed betas of free games, it honestly is not any worse then the norm. For one compared to what I remember of Battlefield Heroes Open Beta (typically further along), there are less technical issues. Granted I agree with you in the sense the norm does make you feel like " punching the devs in the face for being a complete bunch of tards."

One thing to keep in mind, a lot of "betas" despite being labeled the same very drastically nowadays in terms of actual resemblance to the end product, especially as a lot of even big budget titles now really use the beta as much as a promotional tool as an actual test. A lot of betas essentially have no changes nowadays from retail launch even.

just got my key this morning, won't be able to try it out until tonight though.

they should of just made bf2 a free download...

lol.

not that it matters since ill never play either of them.

I find this whole concept of a free bf2 the most stupid thing ever. I mean bf2 and all its expansions are cheap as hell why bother with this? I mean they obviously have about 2 actual devs working on this so why not devote this effort to something meaningful. Seriously I would love to hear the logic from these morons. What so they can make a few bucks off some cheesy ass in game cash shop that noone in north america likes? Bunch of schmucks if you ask me.

Dice just finish up bf3 please. Make it a true bf2 pc sequel and I will gladly give you 50-60 bucks for it and the subsequent expansions you will milk me for. Ty.

pretty unplayable at the moment. Even if it was, the only game I keep getting sent to is 5 other annoying fucks and frankly 3v3 battlefield is shit.

This is supposed to be a beta?

The game is in alpha stage at best. Bugs and glitches galore, horrible lag, disgusting UI, etc.

Unplayable.

That's not the point of a beta. A beta isn't to entice people, it's not a demo. The people getting their undies in a twist because they don't understand what a "beta release" is are the 'tards.

You still dont see it. I understand its a Beta I know what a beta is. Ive been part of many Beta's. If I was a Dev I would atleast make a halfway decent beta for users to enjoy but so far in my experience atleast with this beta is complete trash period.

i just dont see it going far at this point. They wasted so much time with this trash they could be using for BF3. I mean come on BC2 is 20 bucks who cant afford that.

That's not the point of a beta. A beta isn't to entice people, it's not a demo. The people getting their undies in a twist because they don't understand what a "beta release" is are the 'tards.

Beta now is different than Beta was 5 years ago.

Sure they do some testing, but anymore it's a marketing ploy. Or at least that's what the expectation is. I'm not saying it should be that way,or even that marketing is the intent of this beta, but due to everyone in the industry releasing what are essentially demos, I understand that the new expectation is a beta game with polish.

Just the way it's become.

Beta now is different than Beta was 5 years ago.

Sure they do some testing, but anymore it's a marketing ploy. Or at least that's what the expectation is. I'm not saying it should be that way,or even that marketing is the intent of this beta, but due to everyone in the industry releasing what are essentially demos, I understand that the new expectation is a beta game with polish.

Just the way it's become.

A beta was always a somewhat of a finished game. Even 10 years ago. yes, they made changes and balance changes and changes to the levels(maps). Added weapons and perks changed stats on weapons etc. It was always and still is a very good indication of what to expect from the product at launch. The only time in my experience where this wasn't the case was when a game had a beta well in advance of the actual retail launch date. IE: like 6months to a year before release. These betas that come out 1 or 2 months before release are a joke, nothing changes. This game here is a complete and utter waste of time and is garbage. Want a quick BF fix before BF3 next year? Check out BC2/BC2 vietnam. Want an old school classic good time with bf? Check out BF2 and it's expansions and BF 2142 both games which still have plenty of active servers and player bases. So again remind me why we need this half assed piece of shit?

After reading this thread, I don't think I want to try this game out. I loved BF2, and I'm enjoying BC2, but I think I will skip this and start playing Vietnam tomorrow instead.

Don't waste your time with this shit. I was entertained by griefing people for about 5 minutes as the game spawned me at the enemy base (wtf??). After I got killed through not 1, but 2 fucking solid walls, I decided to never play this horrible abomination of a game again. It is truly terrible.

I found it to be quite boring .. its in beta form so I won't say its a total pass but if it releases like this than I wouldn't even bother. BF2 is on sale on steam for dirt cheap and a far far better game.

I just got a beta email. Is this worth trying out?

It's free so why not, but keep in mind that it's a BETA. Peoples opinions will differ so the only thing to do is to try it and see for yourself. Personally I didn't find it to be all that bad considering it's still a BETA.

Back