New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

This is the second rendition of my torture rack. Was a PITA to get the swiftech rad horizontal and there is a kink in it I have to work out. It's on the bottom, the top is actually fine.
296emxf.jpg

whf9yf.jpg

20v13it.jpg

You're running barbs without clamps? Either you're a risk-taker or these pics were taken before you installed clamps and started leak testing.

You're running barbs without clamps? Either you're a risk-taker or these pics were taken before you installed clamps and started leak testing.
7/16 on 1/2 so I'm not too worried. Same setup as I had last time except I did use zip ties then. I'm going to get clams if I can find that look nice. Lamptron just released some that look nice.

7/16 on 1/2 are snug, but how the hell are you going to remove them for maintenance?

Pics of my 2nd water cooled build (cant find anything from the first); built in '05. 3rd is under way now so standby for pics.

insideflashvn7.jpg

Didnt have everything loomed yet but it was close to 100% at this point.

insideafterqh3.jpg

threequarterafterym1.jpg

Whoa ... this thread just got seriously [H]

I mean it was before, but some of the WC builds on this page ... holy crap!

I'm going to go ahead and tc and post my pos. lol

my rig started out like this:
img1789lt6.jpg

I bought a Tt bigwater kit to start me off. which hasn't been too bad to me yet.
I wanted to fit a small h2o setup in it soooo bad. but to no avail, so I stuffed my parts here in this fugly tower:
towerbo0.jpg

than I upgraded from my crap aluminum Tt radiator (gasp!) to a dual 140 and stuffed it:
IMG_7216.jpg

It's not the cleanest build but it's my first honest attempt at going a decent wc setup. I plan on upgrading parts here and there to make it a longer lasting, better system. I went for w/c because of noise and aesthetics. temp's are a plus and since the ball has started dropping temps is my new objective. (more radiators, better blocks, etc). but I'd like to keep it looking clean and not so bulky (so no full towers)

lessons learned so far:
don't use water dyes (they f up temps)
leak test for at least 24 hours
dont over tighten fittings on ceramic blocks.

(mods feel free to trash this if I shouldn't have posted my life story with it :) )

Here is my secondary PC. I found a Zalman Reserator 1 V2 for $50 brand new so I jumped on it. I tried it out first on my main rig (in sig) and it failed horribly to keep it cool. CPU loop only as well. A few weeks later I built my secondary PC and I decided to use the reserator again its perfect since AMD CPU's produce so little heat. I was also able to cool my 9800GT with the included block. CPU doesn't get above 40c and GPU maxes out at 50c.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II 555BE unlocked @3.8ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H
XFX 9800GT 512MB
Mushkin 4GB DDR2 1066

dsc04424i.jpg

dsc04426.jpg

dsc04431ch.jpg

dsc04446vq.jpg

dsc04434w.jpg

pretty old pictures but im too lazy to go take new ones. these are from before i put together my raid array this early summer:

img1317hr.jpg

img1305b.jpg

'kink' looks bad but it is really a defect in the hose due to how it was packaged, it has a little twist in it but its not a kink

Last edited:
My first watercool rig attempt

overviewk.jpg

Reservoir
resz.jpg

Idle temps:
idletemps.jpg

Load temps:
loadtemps.jpg

Specs:

Case: CoolerMaster 690-II Advanced, CPU: i7 920 @ 3.8, Mem: 12GB Corsair Dominator, Storage: 160GB SSD Raid 0, 600GB Velociraptor Raid-0, MB: P6X58D-Premium, PSU: Corsair HX1000, Sound: Asus Xonar X2D, 7.1 speakers, Graphics: 480GTX-SLI, Watercooling: EK Pump DCP-4, EK-Supreme HF - Full Nickel, EK-FC480 GTX - Acetal+Nickel, EK-CoolStream RAD XT (240 + 360), EK-BAY Spin Reservoir - White Acetal, Tubing Masterkleer 12,7/9,5 clear, Fans: NB-BlackSilent XLP, Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 275t

Last edited:
bundymania
thats just sick!!
one of the most original COOLEST looking watercooling setups ever:D

Very cool system. Love the white/ice theme. Wish I had time to mod my 800d to something sexy like that.

One of the COOLEST customisations I've seen for a long time. What did you use to etch the frosty panel?

That has to be one of the dopest setups I have ever seen. That lighting is amazing. What kind of lights did you use ? Brand?Color? And you did an amazing job on the cable management. Major props bro ! Thats something we can all strive to achieve but with our own unique flavors !

Edit - i quoted the wrong post. Srry. Im using my ipod touch so i didnt realize. I meant to quote the post that you quoted lol

mywcpc.JPG

http://www.dobermansplus.com/moneys/mywcpc.JPG

antec 902
corsair 750W tx psu
xfx 790i ultra mobo
4 gigs ddr3 1333
core 2 duo E8400 oc'd to 3.60
gtx 280 with H2O water block
west digital black 500 sata
sata dvd burner
logistic blue lite up fan controler
swifttech 655 pump
swifttech resivoir
swiftech apogee gtx water block
black ice extreme 2 blue dual 120 mm rad.
and corsair ram flow fan

Just got this one put together yesterday. I love the HAF 932 case....wish I bought it years ago.

comp006.jpg

comp002.jpg

comp003.jpg

Got my system moved to my unfinished basement, which never gets above 15C. Got my 950 running at 4.2Ghz with a load temp of only 65C. I can boot at 4.6Ghz, but its not stable no matter how much juice I use.

Very nice tidy system. I use the CM932 as well but don't you just wish they would spray the inside black to match the outside?

December2010projectWC1x.jpg

December2010projectWC2x.jpg

I've got a couple barbs on the back of the video cards because compression fittings that go with 3/4 OD tubing won't clear my backplates. To remedy that, I've ordered 5/8 OD compression fittings and tubing to make my SLI bridge (and clear the second GPU's backplate), and an angled rotary compression fitting (to clear the first GPU's backplate). While I'm at it, I'm going to change my SLI bridge from serial to parallel to achieve equilibrium in GPU temps.

I've got a couple barbs on the back of the video cards because compression fittings that go with 3/4 OD tubing won't clear my backplates. To remedy that, I've ordered 5/8 OD compression fittings and tubing to make my SLI bridge (and clear the second GPU's backplate), and an angled rotary compression fitting (to clear the first GPU's backplate). While I'm at it, I'm going to change my SLI bridge from serial to parallel to achieve equilibrium in GPU temps.
What are you using to mount the rad on the back like that? I've seen a bunch of people with that setup, and with the tubing ports in the 800D, it makes sense. Do you have issues with cable clearance for the backplate?

What are you using to mount the rad on the back like that? I've seen a bunch of people with that setup, and with the tubing ports in the 800D, it makes sense. Do you have issues with cable clearance for the backplate?

I use the Swiftec Radbox, which is a $20 product. It works very well. All my cables clear, though it's a tight fit for one somewhat unusual cable I have (a fat Monoprice VGA cable that's extra long).

There's also a Koolance bracket that's $40 and made of metal. But the Swiftec mount is solid enough so long as you don't go around crashing it into things.

The one complication is the 800D itself, since its rear WC mounting holes are not really logical. One hole mostly lines up with one radiator inlet/outlet but the other hole is way too close to the first hole instead of being inline with the other radiator inlet/outlet, so you need a 45 degree adapter to prevent the hose from kinking.

Changed the GPU part of the loop from serial to parallel. Reduced GPU 2's temps by 2-3C and brought them more inline with GPU 1's temps. Only 3/8 ID 5/8 OD compression fittings will clear video card backplates, it seems. Clears by literally a paper-thin margin.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Close to done:

halfway.jpg

Filling up my system:

funnel.jpg

leak testing:

leak_testing.jpg

leak_testing2.jpg

Final resting position:

100_6771.jpg

100_6774.jpg

100_6777.jpg

100_6781.jpg

here is my old Lian Li midtower that I modified to fit a 120x2 and a 120x1 rads. it is also my first time water cooling. please critique :)

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Back