New and Improved Watercooling Sticky - Post Your Systems Here

uv dye added to the water, or uv reactive tubing.... and then of course, you need to add the UV light rods to the case....and in somecase the water itself is uv reactive...if you use the water cooling liquids...like pro ice, etc.

Yes you can add the dye and lights if you already have a system.

My watercooling set up consist of the following parts:

Swiftech Storm Rev. 1
Alphacool Laing DDC Pump Ultra
Danger Den Maze 4
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Res
Black Ice Xtreme II equiped with Danger Den Stacker Shroud with
2 Sanyo Denki fans.

1a.jpg

3a.jpg

2a.jpg

5a.jpg

6a.jpg

8a.jpg

9a.jpg

12a.jpg

14a.jpg

15a.jpg

With purchase of second home and having other house on market and lately spending money on car mods for my 2006 Topbanana Charger, computer building has taken a back seat for now. I have installed JBA headers, hi-flo cats, cat-back system, cam in my car. Last mods for my car is CNC Cylinder heads and nitrous and then I will be building another kick arse computer.

Till then, I will enjoy this computer.

DangerDen MC-TDX 775, DDC Pump, BlackIce GT Stealth 240, Delrin T, Delrin Fillport and good old 3/8 tygon clear.

Extreme_wc2.jpg

As a night-light
Extreme_wc1.jpg

New WC Setup

Added a MCRES & an MCR120 to the front... and the DFI and a Q6600 :p:

IMG_0073.jpg

Lights out.

IMG_0070.jpg

Crowded tubing

IMG_0075.jpg

Mounted the rad with the two U shaped MCRES brackets.

IMG_0078.jpg

:cool:

pc001.jpg

Not exactly perfect and im having troubles overclocking cuz it keeps saying file is corrupt when ever i change fsb witch is retarded. Prob replace the double rad with a tripple in like a month.

pc002.jpg

pic looking up at the top....thought it looked cool.

final_full.jpg

final_full_2.jpg

final_full_3.jpg

final_rad.jpg

(lol @ drawing from the kids if you'd like)

final_rad_2.jpg

final_side_on.jpg

Side fan readjustment was interesting and probably did absolutely nothing for me. Oh well.

final_side_on_2.jpg

final_side_on_rad.jpg

Here's mine. This is my first WC'd build ever, I think it came out alright :)

Side shot:
img1279iv9.jpg

Nikshub1 custom Delrin Reservoir with custom etched Mountain Mods mount:
img1285ss8.jpg

Panel off, the temp gauge on the MB tray is reading from a probe in the res. The Y branch splits off to the pump and to a drain line.
img1287fr6.jpg

Obligatory Lights out glowy shot:
img1290iu9.jpg

Loop is as follows:

DelRes->D5->BIP mounted on midline fan->EK-FC79 (7900 GTO)->DTek Fuzion (Q6600 G0)->BIP II (custom made bracket to mount to roof)

LMK what you guys think.

Here's my latest toy.
Lian Li PC-1000v
Q6600 @ 3.6ghz - DangerDen MCTDX
8800gt @ 677/1750/2100 EK Full coverage block
Black Ice GTX

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

Don't be too brutal, theres a ton of nice looking rigs on here that are way better than mine so it took some time to get up the courage to post ;)

(oops.. I moved the images... sorry)
I am back on the juice... modded a Nautilus 500 with a DD black ice xtreme double thick dual pass 120mm rad, an aerocool xrtreme turbine 90cfm fan, and koolance uber-swank 90deg elbows with ez fit clamps..
n500 stock: (nabbed pic from legitreviews)
n500stock.jpg

n500 modded:
n500m2.jpg

the unit sits on a shelf right by my PC..
n500m1.jpg

the mod shaved about 4c off my load temps... I have a DD TDX-MC on the cpu... @ 3.6ghz (1.35vcore) loads at about 39 or 40c. lol. that's pretty cool.. me thinks..
n500m3.jpg

time to dust.

Last edited:
What size tubing and fittings are those?

I'm ordering the same Aqua setup but unsure of the compression fittings for both the aqua jet and the pump.

Thanks,
-Nigel

That is all Aqua Computer gear in those pictures.

1. 6mm AC tubing
2. fittings = AC plug n cool
3. if you use compression, go with the mazzer tubing at sharka as the bend radius is much better and fits on compression fittings very well. if you use plug n cool fittings you pretty much have to use AC tubing to ensure a good fit (and no leaks)

Thermochill PA120.3 inside a Mid Tower case. Needed something that can fit my computer desk.

P3241254_800x600.jpg

img1183om7.jpg

img1179gs8.jpg

img1182yy8.jpg

img1180yv9.jpg

my other dimm slots are fried, so I have to run single channel until my advance RMA comes in
case is a Lian-Li PC-201B with the door removed, wheels added
custom power cabling on the sata drives
really want to get some long black sata cables but I can't afford it right now

I'm still deciding on the pump placement and I need to install the UV CC and some other mods. Comments welcome. :)
newloop001-1.jpg
newloop006-1.jpg

newloop010-1.jpg

newloop005-1.jpg

ignore the dust please

I have had this setup build since last summer and have been adding to it over time. origianlly had a 7900gtx but got the 8800gtx a few months ago.

Current setup:

Asus P5k
Q6600
Crucial ballistix tracer 1gb x 4 pc2 8500
Ocz powerstream 600w (dead, gamestream 700w coming tomorrow)
BFG 8800 GTX OC water cooled edition
Soundblaster X-Fi
Lian Li G70b case with stainless steel carrying handles and Matrix Orbital LCD
5x 1TB drives
150gb raptor

Watercooling crap:
-Thermochill PA 120.3 with shroud, dual gaskets, grill, 3x yate loon fans and filters
-DDC pump with modded petra's top
-XSPC single bay reservoir
-D-Tek Fuzion CPU block
-BFG 8800gtxWCE
pics taken during some rebuilding

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388_1.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Posted a couple of shots in the case section, but here is a couple more from my CM690 I just finished up with:

CPUShot.jpg

Radshot.jpg

SideOpen.jpg

Sideshot3.jpg

Here's my first attempt at water cooling. Swiftech H20-220-APEX-GT kit. Good kit, though my only complaint was that the plastic clamps are utter crap - ended up having to improvise and use nylon zip ties. On the upside, the tubes fit nice and tight on the barbs (had to use boiling water for all of 'em pretty much). Also, I had to move the top radiator fan to the outside b/c it was interfering with the PSU plug. It's an active psu so it's getting the push + pull treatment.

Anyway the loop only includes the CPU. Here are some pics.

external.jpg

opencase.jpg

opencase1.jpg

radiator.jpg

waterblock.jpg

Just a bit of a teaser while I write up the project log.. and some picture galleries further below.
I'm finishing up the top panel now, then I'll button the whole thing up.

Early Stage Picture Gallery:
http://www.mikebarr.net/pictures/projects/box_upgrade_06_2008/index.html

Later Stage Picture Gallery:
http://www.mikebarr.net/pictures/projects/box_upgrade_06_2008_2/index.html

Parts List:
- Lian Li PC-A70B Aluminum Case
- ASUS Maximus Extreme X38 Mobo w/Built-in Chipset Waterblock
- Intel Q9300 2.5ghz Core2Quad w/DangerDen MC-TDX Waterblock
- OCZ Plat 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
- Two 150GB WD Raptors (RAID0) w/AlphaCool SilentStar Dual HDD Waterblock/Silencing Box (w/Additional layers of mousepad for sound dampening)
- 8800GTX w/DangerDen 8800GTX Waterblock (GPU is ~1yr old, Waterblock is new)
- Two random automotive heatercores w/added 1/2" hose barbs and shrouded 140mm YL fans
- Lots of 1/2" ID 5/8" OD Tygon tubing w/coolsleves, couple dozen 5/8" hose clamps, Mousepads, etc.
- Enermax Liberty 620w PSU w/All wires stealthed
- AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 Pump w/Custom suspension framework
- Sunbeam Rheobus w/Stealth Faceplate, same for DVDRW

Going to start OC'ing the beast this weekend..

Li'Lfish, DX38BT, [email protected], 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3, WD6400AAKS, HD4850 (needs an S1), Lite-On SATA, HX620
MCR-220+Yate-Loons, MCP-655 @ 1, DD X38, DTek Fuzion V2+Quad, microsres, 7/16" MasterKleer, PrimoChill UV coils

PSU is weatherstripped to isolate from the inside (air drawn from outside goes right back out)
Rad is weatherstripped to force the hot air down through vent holes
80-120m adapter on another Yate-Loon forces the intake air towards the rad intake (temporary until I make a better duct)

Temporary 120mm until I get Kama-bay or Lian-Li bay,
and the older style 80mm Li-Li bay for my HDD(s)

I have a small concern that the res is too low, and I definitely need taller feet/Li-Li replacement wheels to remove some restriction on the rad exhaust. But, so far it's working great. I haven't been able to get it above 56*C (even at 87*F ambient), but I still need a fan controller to lower the noise.

I just figured out where to put this:

:D BoneTrail FTW!

Lastly, I call these shots "Confessions of a Hardware Junkie":

I'll need to take these again when I clean up the HTPC, and I'll open my laptop & lay out the Axim just to make the family complete. :D
(The SonataIII is actually empty - for a few more days - it's going to be a sound editing machine for my brother-in-law.)

Also, I'm finally 2[H]4U, sweet!

Back