New 3dfx Project: Stay Tuned...

Old school, Yeah!

old_school.jpg

ah man. If there were a button i could push that would take me back in time, I'd do it. I owned the original 3dfx voodoo. Quake II with Glide! ooooohhhhh yeahhhhhhh!!!!

I Hate You!

My Desktop use to be the same as that when I had my Creative Voodoo2's in SLI!
That wallpaper never got old :cool:

PS. Did you click that little display with the 3dfx logo yet? I remember clicking it everytime I get into the display properties :(

Your use of Thunder Force IV music made me grin my ass off.

Yes, some game videos would be great. Thanks for posting this, its a great trip down memory lane.

After work, here is the copper heatsink without fans:

Need to put on the front of the V5 6000 card...

881220Frontcopperheatsink.jpg

902596Frontcopperheatsink2.jpg

Rear heatsink:

Working in the right block...

469986rear1.jpg

820449rear2.jpg

Two rear blocks:

216008rear3.jpg

Copper sheet came in. I adjusted it for joining both heatsink.
I did 3 holes in the copper sheet and 3 holes more in the base from left heatsink.

588926rear4.jpg

968639rear5.jpg

591254rear6.jpg

871695rear7.jpg

I have a complete 3DFX Voodoo 3 3500 TV build sitting at my father's house... I need to go retrieve and play some old school stuffs! It WAS complete with 2 very large CRT's but we threw those away.

AFAIK is has a Slot 1 500-600 Mhz P3 in it. Unsure on RAM/DISK. But you bet your sweet ass I'm going to go find everything it takes to make it work again! I know we have all the original disks for it, custom build baby

Nice work Trevormacro. I'm really enjoying this project. Keep up the good work, and I'd love to see a video with the full block together with fans and all on the card running in the system while you play some games. :)

I remember having a PII 350mhz oc to 400mhz, 64meg ram, 12meg Voodoo2 pci (for 3d) & 8meg matrox agp card (for 2d). Good old days :) Quake II was where it was at :)

Nice work Trevormacro. I'm really enjoying this project. Keep up the good work, and I'd love to see a video with the full block together with fans and all on the card running in the system while you play some games. :)

Thank you Lord_Exodia.
This is my second Voodoo5 6000 card with not originals sdrams.
My first one had 3,5 ns sdrams instead of 6 ns and this one 4 ns.
I keep you informed.

Oh man. No card can give the same joy anymore.
The wow when you found out a Glide game or a Glide patch for your fav game...
I still remember how i felt when Tomb Raider loaded up for the first time on my voodoo2 card.
(Had to modify a bit the .bat file for the patch to recognize the card. the patch was for the voodoo1 card)

Classic video cards. I had 2 of these with an ago all in wonder and thought I had the best pc ever with that setup

Talk of Voodoo cards reminds me of when I was 13 and my (completely computer illiterate) dad bought me Falcon 4.0 for Mac. Of course the pathetic onboard video on or beige PowerMac G3 couldn't handle it and I was sad. My Dad, without my knowledge (LESS computer savvy then even he was at the time) went back to the PC gaming store he bought Falcon from and asked one of the reps what he could do.

Turns out, rather than buying a newer PowerMac, the PC store rep instructed my dad on how to flash a PC based Voodoo 3 2000 with a Mac compatible BIOS. To this day, I still don't know how he managed to pull it off, especially after looking over the directions now (i'm 25).

Needless to say, in conjunction with the cheap joystick he bought me, I was a happy camper from then on!

Either way, Falcon 4.0 was an EPIC simulator for its time.

Back