Network pics thread

A little network fun for a local school/church.

Cisco 2911
12x Ubiquity UAP-Pro
Cisco SG300-28P
2x Cisco SG300-10P

It makes me laugh when I see all these posts about churches and the tech they are having installed, just wouldn't happen over here

Oooooh 2900 isr, just about to get 6 of those in

Specs of the servers as I didnt include them:
Dual 8 core procs at 2.9 something
192 gb 1600mhz ram, tripple chan
4* 10 gig nics
Dual internal sd cards for esxi (rtedundant)
no hdds

Sometimes Cisco has front to back cooling, the 5510 etc so you need to be careful howo you rack them. Not sure on the 2911 though.

I love how others feel the need to critique other peoples setups, especially when they have absolutely no clue on the specifics or variables involved.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Took this beast apart today, re-soldered the power connector now it powers up and works. Did the factory reset and now i have a free Cisco ap :)

DSCN3167.JPG

Inside,

DSCN3165.JPG

On one of my calls today, a customer was asking about taking his old tower and using it for WHS, so i told him how to do it and then said why not buy a hp unit they make them, he kinda chuckled opened his closet and pointed at this unit, i said ya that, he laughed it died its going in the garbage :) Even gave me all 4 cady's for the HDD's

SCORE!

DSCN3173.JPG

DSCN3174.JPG

DSCN3175.JPG

For that HP media smart if you need a power supply for it I have one.

Oh yeah ? how much ?

I don't even know how to re-install the os or get it working since there is no vga port or anything.. It just a unit with no drives..

I love how others feel the need to critique other peoples setups, especially when they have absolutely no clue on the specifics or variables involved.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lol

Why so touchy? I just said the router looked like it was racked the wrong way, if its that way for a reason then that's fine, if you just like it that way then that's also fine, it makes no difference to me.

Maybe enlighten me with the reasons it's that way and what the router is used for etc.

Oh yeah ? how much ?

I don't even know how to re-install the os or get it working since there is no vga port or anything.. It just a unit with no drives..

I looked into them a while back there was a nice source of info on mods and repairs for them. If memory serves there is onboard video you just need the breakout cable for it. At the time there was a guy making them. I'll see if i can track down the info again for ya.

Oh yeah ? how much ?

there are a few good right-ups and sources for the cable's to connect to the internal connections for those ports. also the software cd/dvd will do the re-install for you if I remember correctly or via a usb thumb drive, I cant seem to remember at this point ( I was heavily researched them back when they were still pretty new, before atoms became much better )

there are a few good right-ups and sources for the cable's to connect to the internal connections for those ports. also the software cd/dvd will do the re-install for you if I remember correctly or via a usb thumb drive, I cant seem to remember at this point ( I was heavily researched them back when they were still pretty new, before atoms became much better )

this one is just a toy to screw with. If anything ill drop in some spare 250-500 gig satas and play with it on the home network for maybe movies or something...

ill take her apart and clean it, fix the psu and go from there...

Got a new Dell Poweredge R210 II with the new Xeon E3 V2 processors.

Specs:
  • Xeon E3 V2 1270
  • 16GB RAM
  • 2 x 500GB RAID1
  • Vanilla Broadcom NICs
  • Rails

R210II1.jpg

R210II2.jpg

R210II3.jpg

this one is just a toy to screw with. If anything ill drop in some spare 250-500 gig satas and play with it on the home network for maybe movies or something...

Which one is it dash?

Ex490?

If so give me a buzz, they are great....
Upgrade the CPU to a e5200 and they purr along.
To reinstall the OS, there are some tricks... But it's pretty easy.
Any troubles give me a PM

Tip.... Extract ISO image or CD to desktop before restoring (run restore from that)... As restore from CD fails 80% of the time.

Last edited:

I really need to find one of these (or build a similar setup to this w/o spending more than a few hundred dollars.)

is that one of the new xeon systems on SB-e? with QC ram? or a cluster?

It's gotta be a cluster. I can't imagine throwing that much ram on a single node ESX host.

Way to ruin my fun. :p

CcJP0.jpg

New Fujitsu BX900 S2 for our new ESXi cluster.

6xBX924 S3 blades

2xIntel E5-2667
4xIntel E5-2660

128gb RAM per blade

All are dual socket, with 2x10g for ip and 2x8g FC, running 5.0 Enterprise Plus.

Storage is a Fujitsu Eternus DX90 with 28x600gb 2.5" 10k SAS.

And it's all mine. :D

how does one get 80 cores in one machine! or is it a cluster of like ESXi boxes with windows using up all the resources LOL.

Back