Network pics thread

Amazon has them. I bought two for my home and I love them. Roaming between the WAPs is rock solid and they are sturdy little devices.

I dont see how you can even get the unifi ap pro less then 200 dollars because my pricing is 200 dollars for them and I am an WISP and I get special pricing from ubnt.

yeah e-rate sucks my balls. Waiting for the funding is painful.

We aren't that bad. We have all 6506's or 6509's, but some of them are still running CatOS. All of the access switches are 10/100 2950's or 2960's, except in the new school we have aggregate switches in each IDF that are 3750's.

Our big upgrade will consist of all gigabit switches for every school, all new servers, and possibly new AP's for some of the older schools.

I'll take a few things if you toss them :-P

Sorry guys, I was out of town.
I got my UAP-Pro at Solidsignal.com, but I just checked and their price is now $239!
I think they had just gotten the UAP-Pro in when I ordered mine, so possibly they may have made a pricing error on their site but caught it after my order had processed.
I actually only paid $155 USD (including shipping) for mine, $175 was a typo. Receipt. Setting it up right now. Maybe see if they are willing to do a group-buy?

UAP-Pro-setup.jpg

Last edited:
I think they need to charge you other 45 dollars on top of that minpins or they just felt very special to you. I am sure when somebody tries to order from them they will point it out to this site and that receipt.

Last edited:
You might be right, so I took down the receipt photo. Only posted it to show that I wasn't BS-ing about what I paid for it. Wasn't boasting either.

Obviously, it was a pricing error. But I think it's better he take it down to avoid any issues. Congrats on the purchase. Guess it's $250 for the rest of us.

MinPins why did you take it down for?

Because of the potential for this to most likely happen:

I am sure when somebody tries to order from them they will point it out to this site and that receipt.

They offered it on their site, accepted my payment and shipped it to me for $155.
Later they raised their price to $239. I don't see a need to send them the difference, nor have they asked me to send it or mentioned anywhere on their site that it was a pricing error. I am going to assume that both parties are satisfied with this transaction.

maybe I should contact them and see if they are willing to ship me one for the same price what you got it for and show them the invoice that they "invoiced you on" see if I can get it for that price.

rack at work

work_rack.jpg

FYI those modular servers are pieces of garbage. silver stuff is mine lol

as for networking...the sticker on the middle one says shorewall and there's a switch on the back of the mod server...

Last edited:
I somehow managed to not get pics of the new server at work on my last day, 2x8core ivy xeons, and 128 gb of ram, and the new 12x600gb 15k sas drives

Ill be back on contract to set them up, will have to get pics then

my (now -ex)boss offered to let me take one of the servers home, if it meant I wouldnt leave my job

Well, haven't posted any pics in a whyle, it is "FLYING" season :) now that im back into doing heli's again. Winter time is computer stuff..

Heli ?

DSCN0086.JPG

My nabour has been having horrible issues with his "SHAW" wireless modem, you know those ALL IN ONE GARBAGE units :)

so we got him this :)

DSCN0116.JPG

DSCN0118.JPG

Got this little gem for free today :)

DSCN0119.JPG

Powers up and has green lights, dunno how to configure it but that's for me to learn :)

Which SSID for my UAP-Pro?
"It-burns-when-IP"
"Hey you kids get off of my LAN!"
My other AP is "ID Theft".

So essentially a 1:100 contention ratio on a 10MB connection??? - I hope that it is a completely symmetrical backhaul connection, else you're customers will be down to a much less than a 100K (even worse a 10K uplink it you only have a 1MB back connection) uplink equivalent at busy times (and download for that matter)

All in all looks interesting , but the contention ratio at the population levels you are talking about may lead to customer dissatisfaction (5 people watching youtube videos could swamp your back haul link)

Also watch out on the encryption - where I live I can pick up about 4 WISP services, the most amusing thing is that whilst these are encrypted, the core link they use is not! - hence I can see all traffic (I know this since I have the key for one of the encrypted links and have synced the watched packets from that link with the core link)

Also important, he's selling services that are running off of old desktops. How does he plan on handling the outages that he will assuredly have.

I still love my SSID "DHS Civilian Monitoring Station" lol

Sorry for suggesting an SSID name!

stahp!

I've got the feeling there will be more "thread cleanup" coming along.

Also to keep it partly on track, I got my Hyper-V server up to the DC so I can run my private game servers. :)

I insisted on those APC racks at my current work. So glad I did, they are amazing.

Back