Network pics thread

If mike's allowed to post a yealink so am i of mine :)

DSCN0034.JPG

Ghosting a bunch of computers for an upcoming install (pics to come next week when we start the install). Two racks, 24 2U computers, 5 audio mixers/amplifiers, and i believe 32 monitors on a wall (for those who have seen my installs, this is a video wall for monitor the security cameras in a town).

555545_3540425064732_552008334_n.jpg

Ghosting a bunch of computers for an upcoming install (pics to come next week when we start the install). Two racks, 24 2U computers, 5 audio mixers/amplifiers, and i believe 32 monitors on a wall (for those who have seen my installs, this is a video wall for monitor the security cameras in a town).

Norco case for the win !!! :D

Yeah love those cases... take a bit of time if your not used to them, but good cases... fans sometimes die, but ehh what can ya do.

Update on this btw, if your gonna ghost a windows 7 machine, dont start the master system and accidently let it start to load windows, then shut down the PC to start ghosting... the ghost images won't work... have to redo my ghost image now, lol

Really? I tried that but couldn't get it to work on multiple computers nor could I get bootp to work.

Really. Worked just fine for me after I did a full factory reset and IP reset.

That was the big gimmick, you had to reset it to factory, then keep holding the button for another 10sec to completely wipe out the IP settings.

Last edited:
The servers are half depth and can even be installed in Network racks. They really don't suck to install unless you have a hard time lifting the case to begin with.

I love my 2u Norco case. Didn't realize the rack mount holes are drilled to wide after the return period was up. :rolleyes:

guess you forgot to read the manual...
Never saw the manual -- never bought one. They're just too ghetto. I've seen some models advertised with rail kits, but once added you might as well get something nicer which has a better desing and included rail kits.

Never saw the manual -- never bought one. They're just too ghetto. I've seen some models advertised with rail kits, but once added you might as well get something nicer which has a better desing and included rail kits.

Oh so what your saying is, your comments are more useless than anything because you have never owned one nor used one, I think that sums up your comments..

Cyber, couple questions,

What kind of rack are those?

And what are the Speakon connectors being used for?

Looks sweet!

And back online again after a write erase on each network device and a new addressing scheme. :D
The racks are not Dell, they are self-made. Have a third one for the Cisco Lab.

The connectors are powercon. Look the same as speakon but won't fit offcourse.
I did put powercon and ethercon on the racks so I can easily detach the whole rack at once. The panel with the blue ones is for power input (2 different feeds) and network connections to the patch panels at the garage. Panel with the white ones is for power and network to the cisco lab rack.

Connections are 50/10 DSL and a 5/1 Cable for backup. I don't use that much traffic here. Servers that do are in 2 datacenters.

Most network connections on the servers are iSCSI. The one with the 2 quad nics is an iSCSI server with MD1000 connected. Below that are 3 ESX servers and the bottom is a backup server.
Each server has at least one management interface for Remote Access and 2 Uplinks. Additional interfaces are iSCSI and Heartbeat.

Things that will run on the machines will be windows domain services/DNS/file services/application services, cisco callmanager, CVS, cacti/nagios for monitoring, (local and remote machines) and lots of development VM's.

7617152628_d5ebf9f999_c.jpg

7617152016_288f621947_c.jpg

Last edited:
377751_10150942641703155_641053079_n.jpg

Just a screenshot of my ESXi whitebox networking. I'll be hosting a small external facing website pretty soon, mostly for testing purposes. I will also be opening up my vSphere lab for outside access to anyone on this forum that wants it FOR STUDYING PURPOSES.

For a specific time limit you'll get access to 3 hosts with 4 vCPU/6 GB vRAM connected shared storage with all of the cool features of VMware enabled and operational.

Last edited:
Back