Network pics thread

coming from the world of shoretel... I have high expectations

I would agree with dash. I have been using 3CX at home (lab) and find it has most of the features our PBX at work has (its intertel not sure what model) It seems pretty good on not using a lot of ram/cpu

I would agree with dash. I have been using 3CX at home (lab) and find it has most of the features our PBX at work has (its intertel not sure what model) It seems pretty good on not using a lot of ram/cpu

This, our 150+ devices during the middle of the day enjoys a peak of 1.8-1.85GB of RAM usage and the CPU never really moves above idle.

3CX did some Intel Atom testing.
http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/atom-processor-n270-benchmarking/

They were able to push it up to 500 simultaneous calls before running into issues. Which is pretty damn impressive, and also why I ran the risk of running it virtually. Due to it's performance and the smaller scale of our setup. Plus I wanted the fail-over capability.

So all in all with the 3CX license, ATA's I bought and a Windows Server license. We might have about $5k into the VoIP portion of the project. We were able to keep all of our Polycom's and I've been starting to add the much cheaper Yealink's. Which come in at a sexy $60-$70 a pop for the 2-line T20P's. They are about the size of a Polycom IP335, they also have the HD voice and a similar build quality. If Polycom was the standard at 10, these would easily be an 8-9 compared to them for half the money.

This, our 150+ devices during the middle of the day enjoys a peak of 1.8-1.85GB of RAM usage and the CPU never really moves above idle.

3CX did some Intel Atom testing.
http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/atom-processor-n270-benchmarking/

They were able to push it up to 500 simultaneous calls before running into issues. Which is pretty damn impressive, and also why I ran the risk of running it virtually. Due to it's performance and the smaller scale of our setup. Plus I wanted the fail-over capability.

So all in all with the 3CX license, ATA's I bought and a Windows Server license. We might have about $5k into the VoIP portion of the project. We were able to keep all of our Polycom's and I've been starting to add the much cheaper Yealink's. Which come in at a sexy $60-$70 a pop for the 2-line T20P's. They are about the size of a Polycom IP335, they also have the HD voice and a similar build quality. If Polycom was the standard at 10, these would easily be an 8-9 compared to them for half the money.

OOOO looks pretty

Allnet_rack.jpg

Are you using that as a pbx for VoIP? Last time I used on of their products the user guide was all in German.

guys... just grab a cisco cucm image and run it on VMware.

my view may b a little slanted since my job is to manage a Cisco phone system but... I like it and is free for home lab use (100 some phones, 1 server). unity voice mail ( installs off same cd) allows for 10 mail boxes and two active connections at once (never hit in home lab or replace home phones).

not bad for a free home phone system. enterprise features for free.

guys... just grab a cisco cucm image and run it on VMware.

my view may b a little slanted since my job is to manage a Cisco phone system but... I like it and is free for home lab use (100 some phones, 1 server). unity voice mail ( installs off same cd) allows for 10 mail boxes and two active connections at once (never hit in home lab or replace home phones).

not bad for a free home phone system. enterprise features for free.

Free? got any links to that cause I can't find anything on the Cisco site for it.

Life-cycle of a geek ^^

yeah i know :)

was sitting at my desk today and was thinking, why did i buy one dell R415, I should have bought TWO Dell R210 II's with 32gigs ram and a quad core in each, and built a cluster :)

Oh well....

Free? got any links to that cause I can't find anything on the Cisco site for it.

it's under the demo licenses (installed by default) and is no direct download from cisco's website. You will have to go other means (perhaps a file sharing site?) to get your ISO.. or PM me for 8.x.

it's under the demo licenses (installed by default) and is no direct download from cisco's website. You will have to go other means (perhaps a file sharing site?) to get your ISO.. or PM me for 8.x.

Go for CUCM 7x and you don't have the 120 demo limit. Just limited to the number of DLUs that can be used. Much easier :D

2 and quad cores with 64 gigs ram and sits at 2% CPU load lol

That's why I decided to go with an i3 build. On my dual quad xeon server it wasn't even touching the CPU. Why waste heat and power if it uses more RAM and disk than anything.

That's why I decided to go with an i3 build. On my dual quad xeon server it wasn't even touching the CPU. Why waste heat and power if it uses more RAM and disk than anything.

hence why i said i should have gone 2 R210 II's :)

Networking related pic. Here is a screenshot of my Nagios XI system monitoring our store routers around the country. Currently at 603 tunnels up and running with another 125+ to go. Will be getting sites in Canada up and running soon

603_Routers.jpg

They all connect back to our home office in New Jersey, each store is its own network and does not talk to the other stores, only back to home office.

We have two cisco 3945E Gen 2's that we use for our head end vpn routers. we have a fully redundant Verizon OC-3 sonet ring that we use for the store routers to connect on. one 3945 in each building and everything is routed between buildings with OSPF. our core switches are Catalyst 4507R+E's that are linked with 20gb single mode fiber.

Almost all of our servers run on our main VMWare cluster that is 3 Dell R810's with dual quad core cpu's and 256GB of RAM each, connected to a 3 SAN group of Dell Equallogic PS6000's. Our backup/dev cluster is 3 Dell R710's with dual quad cores and 128GB of RAM each, connected to a single 16TB SATA Equallogic. iSCSI/vmotion traffic has its own network that is linked by 4gb fiber(each cluster uses a stack of 6248's)

yeah i know :)

was sitting at my desk today and was thinking, why did i buy one dell R415, I should have bought TWO Dell R210 II's with 32gigs ram and a quad core in each, and built a cluster :)

Oh well....

that's not a problem, just go with two x R415 ;)

I would love to run a cluster at home, but that means i net a san/nas and another server, this well but my watt usage over 300watt and with the power price in Danmark it's just to expensive....

Back