Network pics thread

BlueSocket!

My god I didn't think people actually used these. I did helpdesk for them for a year during highschool and after never seeing or hearing about them anywhere but at work I wasn't sure that anyone actually bought one.

What do they have for a setup?

Just thought I'd throw this out here...

DSC_4693.jpg

To be honest I don't blame them.

"That will be fixed in the next firmware release" was a pretty common saying.

I heard that often too. It was a neat box, but tons of stuff just didn't work as described/documented. We actually ended up running a few different custom code revisions just to make some features work :rolleyes:

Last edited:
These bitches are heavy :( dam 1500 apc unit!

I nearly lost a thumb to one of those a few years ago when a coworker and myself were removing one from a 2 post rack. I was holding the rear of the ups with one hand, while he held the front and removed the rack screws when dipshit decides that it's a good idea to hold a UPS by the plastic face plate. Long story short, he rips the face plate off, drops his end of the UPS, I drop my end because my one hand couldn't hold the weight and somehow I end up with an awesome gash from my palm all the way up my thumb. Oh yes, there was blood.:mad:

Either way, 1500 isn't THAT heavy. Try a 3000VA on for size :)

IMG_0859.JPG

I nearly lost a thumb to one of those a few years ago when a coworker and myself were removing one from a 2 post rack. I was holding the rear of the ups with one hand, while he held the front and removed the rack screws when dipshit decides that it's a good idea to hold a UPS by the plastic face plate. Long story short, he rips the face plate off, drops his end of the UPS, I drop my end because my one hand couldn't hold the weight and somehow I end up with an awesome gash from my palm all the way up my thumb. Oh yes, there was blood.:mad:

Either way, 1500 isn't THAT heavy. Try a 3000VA on for size :)

http://exfusionx.com/media/IMG_0859.JPG
Cheater, that thing has wheels :p

^Totally useless, the wheels are on the case lid, but there are no handles on the lids to drag them by lol. I believe final weight on that case was just shy of 200lbs :x

I always use a fully-tunneled VPN (if not more) while on the road.

On a side note, I was hoping that none of you would take seriously the notion of carting that case around while travelling... :eek:

Just set this monster up to go into our SQL cluster.

server.png

its being shipped off but I shoudl be able to get a picture of the actual server before it goes.

Dell sent this with a 1.5GB OS partition!

500GB RAID 1 OS + other bits the server needs to do

999GB RAID 10 DataBase. (wanted a log file array as well but it was already pushing $10K)

What a VMWare server that would make!

Is that four quad core xeons?

Back