Network pics thread

Close, Nexus 2232PP, 5548's are in the next rack over.

For those that don't know, 2232PP is a 32x10GbE switch with 8x 10GbE uplinks.

2322s give me a halfy. I just put a proposal together for some 5596s and 2322s. I hope it gets ordered.

2322s give me a halfy. I just put a proposal together for some 5596s and 2322s. I hope it gets ordered.

heh, they are pretty awesome. (TBH, no idea why they didn't go with the 5596's. We already need to expand more 5548's and 2232's. ofc, everything is dual homed)

Haha i hope they aren't as loud as Some Supermicro systems are...:)

speaking of LOUD super micro, some one gave me a supermicro 1u today has 2 gigs ram 120gig hdd cd rom and dual nic's has a p4 3.0 gig with hyper threading, runs ok, except its FAWKING SO LOUDDDDDD!!!

Either going to buy a board chip from blue fox OR a intel dual core atom board.

speaking of LOUD super micro, some one gave me a supermicro 1u today has 2 gigs ram 120gig hdd cd rom and dual nic's has a p4 3.0 gig with hyper threading, runs ok, except its FAWKING SO LOUDDDDDD!!!

Either going to buy a board chip from blue fox OR a intel dual core atom board.

Yep I had a s755 celeron Supermicro 1U and it was a freggin hair dryer.

Yep I had a s755 celeron Supermicro 1U and it was a freggin hair dryer.

Exactly what this one is like :) however i might modd it :) not sure what i'm going to do yet.

In reality, id like to get the front mounted supermicro case with a atom board, then a nice managed switch with vlans, but im unsure if untangle supports vlans or not i have to research this part.

Exactly what this one is like :) however i might modd it :) not sure what i'm going to do yet.

In reality, id like to get the front mounted supermicro case with a atom board, then a nice managed switch with vlans, but im unsure if untangle supports vlans or not i have to research this part.

The Linux networking stack supports VLANs. As I recall, there is a configuration file that is used to define a logical interface, then the interface can be configured using ifconfig.

Even if Untangle doesn't have a web ui to configure VLAN, it should be possible to create the interface manually and then have the logical interface show up in Untangle.

How's this for a SAN? ;)

243m4r7.jpg

Nice VMAX system. (Equipment Bay + 2 Direct Drive bays)

my netscalers eat f5's for brefast.

My poor baby F5's :p

Netscalers look decent, but I have never used them and know F5 fairly well and had to get something up and running fairly quickly. Guess I should download their virtual appliance and test it out.

My poor baby F5's :p

Netscalers look decent, but I have never used them and know F5 fairly well and had to get something up and running fairly quickly. Guess I should download their virtual appliance and test it out.
You should, they're very nice and fairly straight-forward. Their GUI is a breeze though I generally use the CLI. Its nice that their demo license doesn't expire on VPX for a year also.

You win at the internet.
and you better never forget it! Do I get a new title for such an accomplishment :D

is that a PII or a PIII :) i have one of these in my car that rolls around every day.

Not sure.. Doubt I'm going to take the time to find out. I think the next time I find it I'm going to have one of the drives run it over with the semi and then toss it in the dumpster

Pentium 3, something like 1000MHz.

I like them, why ruin it?

I have 2 inspiron 8000's in my trunk with a dock collecting dust, and the same ^^ laptop you have in there too, i think they are going to be run over OR

My iead was to fire one up, install word and pretend to write up a essay, with problems of computer ( reason for videoing the accident ) have my wife bring me a cup of coffe but accidently dump it into the keyboard and i start freaking out LOL

laptop is a PIII 1000 with 128mb ram WOOOOOOOOOO and windows 2000 pro LOL

Windows 2000 was the most awesome OS MS has ever made. Too bad they stirred away from simplicity and speed and went towards bling bling instead.

And yeah RS232 can come in handy. Those USB adapters you have to use nowdays on modern laptops just arn't the same.

Dell Latitude E5510... 9 months old... Built in serial port ;)

Last edited:
Just got back from Dell training, and my rack was at home for me to assemble at 11:20pm.

Pictures of the rack and the equipment going into it in the next few days.

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

Dash, what rack is that exactly? does it have any "X" braces for the sides?

its this one : http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/knock/slim5.htm

and mine is : 5-21-26

there is no x brace, but i sat on the top of it and it doesn't wobble at all, its got lots of bolts and screws, all corners have 2 set screws, and on the inside there is 2 per corner steel bolts with nut's ( on the inside tho ) I can post pictures if anyone wants before i start stuffin the rack :)

I'm a fan of the middle atlantic ERK series - they're surprisingly light. They have the advantage of being welded which is great for being sturdy - even the tightest bolted connection isn't perfect.

Of course, if you don't have a loading dock...

I have a Cooper-made 52U rack in the garage. Great piece of hardware, but it's 8ft tall and won't fit anywhere else.

Back