Network pics thread

Indeed, I hope you don't have problems, but it seems like you're cutting it close.

Cutting it close for cooling. 5 tons is only about 12000 watt-hours of cooling capacity, and it's not hard to generate that much heat in two cabinets. If you figure you have half of the extra 3-ton system, then you've got some headroom, but not much.

Cutting it close for cooling. 5 tons is only about 12000 watt-hours of cooling capacity, and it's not hard to generate that much heat in two cabinets. If you figure you have half of the extra 3-ton system, then you've got some headroom, but not much.

There will only be about 8 physical servers in that room total. Everything is being virtualized. That room is maybe 25x15ft. Those two air conditioners are more than enough.

Teaser Brown Box shot of a new toy:

IMG_0271.JPG

Last edited:
Just a Few things I've touched in the last few weeks. If i new there was a Dedicated Thread here for this i would have taken more.....

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

CCIE LAB
IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

4510R+E Sup 7's
IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

7201 for some edge aggregation
IMG_0728.jpg

Nexus 5548P
IMG_0659.jpg

Thanks! It's a 3640 with a NM-32a. Bottom Two Async Banks are for Console only, the Top two are being used for PPP over Serial, it plugs into the aux port of the routers and I can run straight ip over it.. Mostly for SNMP monitoring with a network monitor. Helps conceptualize some of that asymmetric routing.

My small home lab with toys...

IMG_00281.jpg

Stack of servers is kind of dark, top to bottom,

Single Quad 8gb,
Dual Quad 16gb,
Dual 8core 64gb
San headend, openfiler - 16 bay disk array on the right
Nas, Atom 330, 4gb
Single Quad 24gb tower
Single Quad 8gb hiding to the right
Pfsense router in p4 1u on the san

Works out well, :) Almost all systems attach via iscsi to the san

IMG_00351.jpg

Random iphone macro of the switch.

Hah hah. Don't you fear, pics coming today. Gotta bring my camera to work to take better quality pics. :)

Don't let me down.

Holy crap ISPKing. Nice gear.

One question though. Are those Equalogic SANs under the dell blade center?

There will only be about 8 physical servers in that room total. Everything is being virtualized. That room is maybe 25x15ft. Those two air conditioners are more than enough.

Great, good luck!

Don't let me down.

Holy crap ISPKing. Nice gear.

One question though. Are those Equalogic SANs under the dell blade center?

They Are, Mix of PS4000 and 6000. The nexus 5548P Pictured above was used in conjunction with a 48TB PS6510E, Which replicates another 96TB PS6510E

Maybe Google has their webservers setup to not allow hotlinking.

NO, not true, all my other pictures that i have on here are from my google picasa account, you have to actually go into the picture after making the picture public viewable, and right click on picture and get url, then it will work, you can't copy the url from the browser address bar.

Dash.

THIS> is from my gallery ( google )

clientdiagramjpeg.jpg

New picture of my CCIE Rack..

w9QXp.jpg

What all hardware do you have in your CCIE Lab Rack and did you purchase it as a complete setup and where did you buy it from? I am looking at purchasing a CCIE Lab setup and wondered what hardware you put in yours.

I recently purchased three 2621 routers and a 3725 router to setup vpn tunnels for a couple businesses that I do computer work for and looking at co-locating there server equipment off-site to my house and wanted some input to see if the 2621's would be able to handle a pretty constant load when put into place at these businesses? I am pretty sure that the 3725 will be just fine for handling the traffic inbound to the co-located servers (total of about 8 Dell PowerEdge Servers).

Last edited:
What all hardware do you have in your CCIE Lab Rack and did you purchase it as a complete setup and where did you buy it from? I am looking at purchasing a CCIE Lab setup and wondered what hardware you put in yours.

I recently purchased three 2621 routers and a 3725 router to setup vpn tunnels for a couple businesses that I do computer work for and looking at co-locating there server equipment off-site to my house and wanted some input to see if the 2621's would be able to handle a pretty constant load when put into place at these businesses? I am pretty sure that the 3725 will be just fine for handling the traffic inbound to the co-located servers (total of about 8 Dell PowerEdge Servers).

Bud, if your studding for the CCIE and you don't know what hardware is in his rack..... You have a little while to go.. Additionally Dlwoods Lab is very highbrow...

Bud, if your studding for the CCIE and you don't know what hardware is in his rack.....
Seriously? I didn't think identifying model numbers and brands from a grainy, blurry picture was on the test. Would it really have been hard for you to answer the question?

Last edited:
Seriously? I didn't think identifying model numbers and brands from a grainy, blurry picture was on the test. Would it really have been hard for you to answer the question?

lol, that's the most common hardware on the market. If you cant identify it... Enjoy being a "paper CCIE"
Btw you need glasses if thats grainy and blurry.....

lol, that's the most common hardware on the market. If you cant identify it... Enjoy being a "paper CCIE"
Are you trying to be a douche as hard as you're trying to be an optometrist?

QFT, I'm sure the majority of us can identify nearly every item in that rack. (ok, so i don't know what the white switch is, sue me.)

QFT, I'm sure the majority of us can identify nearly every item in that rack. (ok, so i don't know what the white switch is, sue me.)

Guys. Relax.. I am pointing out that if you have any experience you know what it is..
The white Item is a terminal server of some sort.. Idk the model.. My point was if you don't know what the equipment is in the rack and your studying for an expert level certification for that vendor... well you have no business being there yet. That simple. The 3750's and the 2811's along with the 1841's and the 3560 are very common and likely to be in the presence of any ccnp (assuming you went that track). You don't have to tout you tiny e-balls mike..
your posts have made it obvious your a novice, or at least below the criteria to even be responding to this post.

And wes, if you know what is it .. Your in good shape.

Last edited:
New picture of my CCIE Rack..

w9QXp.jpg

seems to be easy to do ;-)
the top one could be a C3512XL? I'm not sure with this one though
the white one is a console server
then 2 C3750-24TS or PS
one 3560G-48
2 APC PDUs
4 1841s w/ WIC-2T
6 2811s w/ WIC-2T
1 3640 w/ NM-2FE-TX and seems to be 2 NM-8A/S

edit: lol didn't see page 197 :) ISPking said it

Guys. Relax.. I am pointing out that if you have any experience you know what it is..
And I'm telling you that you're wrong, and that you're coming off like a pompous ass. It's entirely possible to have a ton of experience with a different vendor, or a different line of equipment and not be able to recognize the exact models in the shot. Flaming someone for not knowing -- even if you're right, that it's just because they don't have any experience -- doesn't help anyone make any progress and just make you look like a jerk.

Back