Network pics thread

Calvin how is tripplite? Ive swapped from apc to cyber power dye to cost

I have no idea. I jumped on the tripplite bandwagon because it was cheaper this time around and I've been hearing some decent things about them. The cost for tripplite came in cheaper than the APC stuff we were looking at and the APC stuff we didn't looking for PDUs. Just from unboxing them downstairs I'm already seeing some quality and value from their gear. I don't remember oking it, but with the management card for the ups unit it self they tossed in a temp and humidity sensor as well. Nice because we don't have one in there and I've been wanting one for some time now.

hah, I like dash.

but it is funny that we all mess around like we are local friends

Most of us all get along on this forum well enough to do that. Thank god (or whatever else you may believe in) that people can be relaxed about the shit we dish each other. I'm sure we would have left long long ago if this was all bickering and bitching

Last edited:
Most of us all get along on this forum well enough to do that. Thank god (or whatever else you may believe in) that people can be relaxed about the shit we dish each other wise I'm sure we would have left long long ago.

x2, I never go to any of the other subforums on hard, just here, neat little corner of the inter-tubes.

Also, I <3 dash, despite my making fun of the untangle stickers, he tries stuff and learns, unlike so many other people I know.

Here is a pic of me tearing down a printer that some one took the fusser out, but didn't insert it back in all the way turned on the printer, it did it's test then stripped the main gear. 2$ gear but fun to replace when it's all the way inside berried on the main plate.

Does that printer have a swing arm? It kind of looks like a 4200 or 4300 series printer.

One last update before the weekend (maybe.. depends on if anything shows up tomorrow or not)

IMAG0323.jpg

It is either a ShoreTel Voice Switch 90 or 50

2 RJ-45
1 RJ-21x (i don't know exactly what it is for)

calvinj, what are you updating on that voice switch?

RJ-21 is a nice way to connect 25 phone lines at a time. Shortel voice switch is nifty stuff. Can terminate a bunch of analogs, handle VoIP traffic, hell, the -V models can do voicemail on board.

How much are they, I've never been able to find any information about how much the stuff actually costs.

It is either a ShoreTel Voice Switch 90 or 50

2 RJ-45
1 RJ-21x (i don't know exactly what it is for)

calvinj, what are you updating on that voice switch?

It's a SG50. We already have a 90 in the rack we just ran out of space on it. I prepped the switch at my desk. Don't ask my why, just habit I guess.

looks nice cal, i'm just about to order a fx0 card to setup a 4 phone voip setup in a office here in town..

Small update:

img00025201103161454.jpg

Cut over an ONT for one of our offices today - 2x voice lines and a 100Mbit ethernet connection; the remaining 3 ports will be used to get IPTV from INS's headend, local management and 1 will be left open. Wiring is pretty mess, that'll get cleaned up once I get our VoIP and IPTV setup in the building. Most of the wiring in there is left over from the previous owner of the building and needs replaced badly.

one of three rolls of fiber

a8570cb8.jpg

fiber switches with their copper buddies

99ce2e26.jpg

cabinets should be arriving in a week or two

mmm, 400,000 squarefeet of empty space (with another 600,000sf that is already in use on the other side of the far wall)
4f279e9a.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work space :D I've been stuck re-wiring an office for the previous week, not quite as easy.

Looks nice. I've been busy pulling some cat5e for an industrial control system upgrade. Kind of a pain in the ass (there aren't many perforations in the main room floor, so I've had to follow some conduits on the way down.

picure of Raiders-Of-The-Lost-Ark-esque cavernous space

Do the yellow bottoms of the white poles indicate the level of the raised floor to be installed?

(please say they do)

Stacks of switches, spools of bulk fiber and hundreds of thousands of empty square feet. Goddamn if the potential of that combo doesn't make my nipples hard.

edit: hah hah do you really include the brand of messenger bag you own in your sig? :D

Freakin sweet, all that space...you could bowl the fiber one side to the next :) Sorry to ask late but do you own that building?

Who needs to buy patch cables these days. All you need is a DVR full of recorded stuff catch up on.

IMAG0328.jpg

Some goodies off of eBay. One for my colo gear, one for my home gear and a spare for something...

IMG_0002.JPG

Last edited:
Some goodies off of eBay. One for my colo gear, one for my home gear and a spare for something...

IMG_0002.JPG

G-ross. The old pro series aren't work the metal they are fabricated from anymore. I have one in production and it causes me problems on a regular basis. Matter fact I just fixed more goofy shit from the gen 4 content filtering this last week. For the future gen 5 firewalls are the way to go!

1. I'm Crazy
2. I have the time / not in a time crunch
3. Forgot to order them
4. spent my budget on all the goodies I have on the way ;)

My current rack config with one of my new Sonicwalls from ebay (pic above)

IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:
Back