Network pics thread

The problem with this isn't the equipment, its the processes involved and liability, with my setup I could trump many small hosting companies but I dont want to take the risk.

All this talk, lets see some pictures :D You were bragging in a previous thread about your cisco gear and network... so "QFT" and post up the pics ;)

that goes for everyone, where the eff are the pics? Are me,agrikk and adam the only ones with decent setups? :eek: What I would really like to see is badass HOME networks

Sorry, my "badass" setup is all I can afford (posted just a couple days ago). lol But at least I posted. I think once I pass my CCNA and decide whether or not I want to pursue the CCNP is when I'll invest in some more equipment.

More parts arriving daily.
48port-Blade.jpg

nitsuj,

No zipties ? AWWW!! Looks very professional, clean and nice layout, love the white cable.

usually in professional cabling jobs there are no zipties used. makes for easier additions, takeaways and re-routes

my group doesnt manage the connections from the user to the switch, there is a telecom group that does and we manage the switch, they plug everything in and they are extremely sloppy about it...if you said ziptie or velcro to them they probably wouldnt know why you would want either...

That is sweet. I Love the way they did the wiring. Almost like a Auto cad design. :) What brand of switches are those?

Sadly they are Enterasys which seem to have the crappiest support ever.

Holy Krone blocks! we're getting rid of those things at the hospitals at the speed of light...atleast yours look CLEAN

Yeah, I don't know why we use the Krone blocks. We have Krone jacks in all the rooms too. I think one reason we have Krone blocks is because we have a phone line ran to the rooms also on a RJ45 jack, and so if their network jack gets damaged a temp solution is to switch the line to their phone jack. Which is pretty easy with the Krone blocks.

nitsuj,

No zipties ? AWWW!! Looks very professional, clean and nice layout, love the white cable.

Those were my pictures not nitsuj's. That's the second time you've thought my pictures were someone else's in this thread. Come on man, see that they are quoting my pics to ask something about them. :p

We don't use zip ties because they don't look good nor do they let you make changes and they also can damage the cable if pulled too tight. Thanks for the compliments about the layout though.

Those were my pictures not nitsuj's. That's the second time you've thought my pictures were someone else's in this thread. Come on man, see that they are quoting my pics to ask something about them. :p

We don't use zip ties because they don't look good nor do they let you make changes and they also can damage the cable if pulled too tight. Thanks for the compliments about the layout though.

VERY sorry :eek:

Anyways, the ziptie is a joke, because every time i go into a company network room that they said they had a professional do the install, ive seen zip ties and not just zipties electrical tape, and guess what, the zip ties are tied so god dam tight that you can see it pinching the wire, i shake my head and usually point it out saying its a NO NO!!

In any event, it loks very professional what you did, i like it, just wish i was able to find a job, because im just as anal, and tidy at work with wiring. I conceal wires for a living. :)

Redundant Juniper T320's routing 3x 10GigE, 2x OC-192 and 1x GigE connections each.

Layer 3 switching on a Force10 E600, switching 4x 10GigE and 10x GigE connections.

Logging/Management from the Dell PE850, Out-of-band management for all gear via the Brix Networks box, which has a CDMA EVDO connection to Verizon.

Redundant Juniper T320's routing 3x 10GigE, 2x OC-192 and 1x GigE connections each.

Layer 3 switching on a Force10 E600, switching 4x 10GigE and 10x GigE connections.

Logging/Management from the Dell PE850, Out-of-band management for all gear via the Brix Networks box, which has a CDMA EVDO connection to Verizon.

GOOD GOD!

Very nice, digging the big iron from Force10 and Juniper. But what's with the C5500 lol

Different locations. The C5500 is used by a network transport company for inter-floor connectivity. They drop one of these off in pretty much every suite in the building, allowing you to cross-connect suite-to-suite or floor-to-floor.

Nice Equipment there in NYC, i'm working actually in Portugal Telecom, so i'm familiarized with some equipments like yours....:D

dude, wtf... you stole my T320's :mad: hahahah, almost identical sub the sonet pics(soon to come though). ::vomits:: force10... ouch :eek:

nice to see you back again posting some pics, too bad you dont have much cisco big iron posted :D Maybe ill give everyone some spank material in the next week or so..

lets see that home lab though, clean it up yet?

I bought these awesome little HP GigE PoE switches for use as CPE's in my customer's homes. Replacing those dinky Dell PowerConnect switches.

These will allow my customers to directly patch their entire home network into this switch, providing GigE connectivity, as well as providing PoE to their Cisco IP phones. All powered by a power brick attached to the back of the switch... low power consumption and these make no noise at all. Also will use up a lot less space than the 19" wide PowerConnect switches which are currently deployed on my network.

These will be in-ring with a SMF SFP...

hp1.JPG

hp2.JPG

hp3.JPG

Also, just got wind that CV is finally almost done with the background processes need to bring us over from our "ancient" OC-3 connection and into the new millennium with metro-ethernet.

The turn-up of this new Atrica box NID should be complete by the end of July... yay! :D

lp2.JPG

lp3.JPG

lp4.JPG

lp5.JPG

Whats the speed on optimum lightpath? I see fiber cables... we use the ultra service here (100Mbps)

P1040009.JPG

Got my network back up and running :)

2008 server on a cor 2 duo 2gigs ram 2.67 dc with a 160gig main sata drive anda 320 for storage for now.

Dell p4 2.8 mini computer with 1 gig ram for my untangle box :)

Jase

I bought these awesome little HP GigE PoE switches for use as CPE's in my customer's homes. Replacing those dinky Dell PowerConnect switches.

These will allow my customers to directly patch their entire home network into this switch, providing GigE connectivity, as well as providing PoE to their Cisco IP phones. All powered by a power brick attached to the back of the switch... low power consumption and these make no noise at all. Also will use up a lot less space than the 19" wide PowerConnect switches which are currently deployed on my network.

Very cool. Do you know of a Cisco equivalent to these?

WTF is that huge Cisco box for? Is it actually yours or Verizon's (like it says)?

That's actually at 60 Hudson.

Level3=good...dealing with Verizon==spawn of evil. lol
I work at an Internet/VPN provider, and I HATE dealing with Verizon.

We have some big routers at the 8th street location. I'll have to see if I can dig some up.

WTF is that huge Cisco box for? Is it actually yours or Verizon's (like it says)?
Its an ONS 15454, they're used for MSPP/MSTP services(transport level) and you generally see them in a SONET ring and backhaul scenarios. Not sure why the hell vz would have put that in his house as hes not providing other vz customers with circuits, which is what you usually use an MSPP for.

Level3=good...dealing with Verizon==spawn of evil. lol
I work at an Internet/VPN provider, and I HATE dealing with Verizon.

We have some big routers at the 8th street location. I'll have to see if I can dig some up.
dealing with vz isn't so bad, you just need to be a big enough provider to talk to the right people and not their technical support(IE. they're backbone/engineering team is extremely sharp)

Whats the speed on optimum lightpath? I see fiber cables... we use the ultra service here (100Mbps)

The LP service will be a 50mbps circuit, on it are also 2x PRI's, taking about 3.2mbps away from the data circuit.

It's a Cisco ONS15454 MSTP. Long Island Fiber Exchange is delivering their data services to me via Verizon. Verizon installed that box and L.I.F.E. have an Alcatel-Lucent switch connected it to it with 2x GiGE SMF connections.

I don't know much more than that, it's not COAM.

Very cool. Do you know of a Cisco equivalent to these?

Cisco Catalyst 3560-8PC: 8 Ethernet 10/100 ports with PoE and 1 dual-purpose 10/100/1000 and SFP port; compact form factor with no fan

Had a few of them at my old office.

Yeah I was going to post that model as well. Problem is that HP has all 8 ports Gb. I was looking at the price point as well and that's pretty solid.

Also, just got wind that CV is finally almost done with the background processes need to bring us over from our "ancient" OC-3 connection and into the new millennium with metro-ethernet.

The turn-up of this new Atrica box NID should be complete by the end of July... yay! :D

lp2.JPG

lp3.JPG

lp4.JPG

lp5.JPG
Curious... If its only a 50mbps line why are there two fiber connections?

Back