Nero Buyers Beware (US Customers)

jedimasterk

Weaksauce
Nero buyers in the US beware. I had purchased Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition Retail Package, right from Ahead Software. Guess what, it was Nero 6.3.1.18, which is not compatible with Windows XP SP2. My invoice, and the packaging slip had all said Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition Retail. I contacted Ahead software, and they told me that this only applied to European customers. Not to those of us here in the US. And that the newest version on CD in the US was 6.3.1.18. I was p....sd. Their website had made no distinction at all, between US retail packaging and European packaging as it applied to versions. If I purchased Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition, then that is what I should have gotton on CD. They also informed me that only unopened packages could be returned. Well if I didn't open it I wouldn't have known. They told me they were deeply sorry for this error. But they still have yet corrected the error on their onlineshop. In a bit of a rage, in the trash it went. after about 7 e-mails back and forth they told me to send it back, but it was a little to late. I sent it to the trash bin. Piece of advice. US customers should boycott Ahead software till this error has been corrected, and US customers truly get what they pay for. Not old versions!. :mad:

The whole purpose of getting it from their website, was to already have the new version on CD. Sure I could have just updated the software. But in that case I could have just gotton it from Best Buy or somewhere else. This is just plain false advertising on their part!. If you ordered Windows XP Pro w/SP2 from Microsoft. And they sent you Windows XP w/o any service packs, you probably would be a bit upset. You shouldn't have to install a piece of software and right away, do a major update to it. This wasn't a minor update either. If you have a very slow connection for example, it could take you hours to do. If a company tells you your getting a certain version at the time of purchase, that is what you should get. Sure like you all will say. You should have just updated it. But that is not the point here at all. It was false advertising. They still haven't corrected this yet look: https://secure.nero.com/us/secure.asp. It should have said Nero 6.3 Ultra Edition Retail. I was misinformed, like many others will be. Until this is corrected.

magnetik said:
couldn't u just download the update?

http://ahead.de/en/nero-up.php

[..:: magnetik ::..]

Well for starts, It was a version I didn't pay for. My invoice, online store, etc.. all said version 6.6. Secondly, not compatible with Sp2, sure I could have updated it, but I payed for version 6.6. Third my CD burner would not allow it to auto run. Even my DVD Rom only allowed it to autorun setup, after third try. Some thing with the Sp2 compatibility could have been the cause. Seeing how it was version 6.3.1.18. Not 6.3.1.20, which fixed the Sp2 bug. They also told me in an earlier e-mail, that ONLY un-opened items can be returned for a full refund. So I got so p..sd I threw it out. Only later after numereous e-mails, did they tell me to return it. If they had included version 6.6 on the CD, like they should have, since it is what my invoice told me. I wouldn't have went through this BS ordeal. So much for Ahead as a trustworthy company in my opinion. They still are telling people US customers that they are getting version 6.6. They simply lie!!. https://secure.nero.com/us/secure.asp

jedimasterk said:
Well for starts, It was a version I didn't pay for. My invoice, online store, etc.. all said version 6.6. Secondly, not compatible with Sp2, sure I could have updated it, but I payed for version 6.6. Third my CD burner would not allow it to auto run. Even my DVD Rom only allowed it to autorun setup, after third try. Some thing with the Sp2 compatibility could have been the cause. Seeing how it was version 6.3.1.18. Not 6.3.1.20, which fixed the Sp2 bug. They also told me in an earlier e-mail, that ONLY un-opened items can be returned for a full refund. So I got so p..sd I threw it out. Only later after numereous e-mails, did they tell me to return it. If they had included version 6.6 on the CD, like they should have, since it is what my invoice told me. I wouldn't have went through this BS ordeal. So much for Ahead as a trustworthy company in my opinion. They still are telling people US customers that they are getting version 6.6. They simply lie!!. https://secure.nero.com/us/secure.asp

Might wanna shorten that sig a bit there jedi - rules state 10 lines max. ;)

Ax

1. I see your problem, but just download the update and burn it... Patching is inevitable, with software complexity the way it is. You juat have to.
2. Sig is too long. Fix it.

jedimasterk said:

i still run Nero 6.0.0.11 on WinXP SP2 without problems....and it was a really stupid move to just throw the cd out, like seriously WTF? just download the update.

Xtasy0 said:
i still run Nero 6.0.0.11 on WinXP SP2 without problems....and it was a really stupid move to just throw the cd out, like seriously WTF? just download the update.

I also run a version (can't remember what offhand, but it's not 6.6) in sp2 just fine.

Ice Czar said:
yeh before a moderator sees it :p

haha busted!

just update. they made a mistake but it could be easily fixable by just updating...

why on earth did you decide you HAD to throw the software away. Please tell me you at least salvaged the cd-key.

If so you could download it from the net and use your key, still being totally legal...

if they had refused to take it back you could always have threatend action with the Better Business Bureau.. throwing it away prematurely is your fault

Back