Need spyware removal program that actually works

mobster281

Limp Gawd
I got some spyware on my computer and downloaded spybot to get rid of it but the problem is still there. I keep getting popups every 20 seconds to download a program called Spyware Guard 2008. Can someone recommend me a good spyware removal program that has worked for u?

One antispyware solution is no longer enough. You normally have to use two or three -- run one after the other -- to ensure that you get everything.

Another good freeware program is SUPERAntiSpyware. Believe it or not, Windows Defender also does a good job.

As a last resort, use HijackThis! But it's a very in-depth scanner, so you may want to read up on how to use it (effectively) first.

The good ones are the ones you pay for. The ones that work for me. I use a combination, not just 1.

Stopzilla
Spywaredoctor
Webroot
Spybot (free)
Adware (free)

My pc was soo infected with spyware and adware that... the moment Windows boots into the desktop, the mouse cursor would freeze for a few minutes until i can move it. I used all these progams combined and it did a pretty good job.

I use the following combination:
Spybot Search and Destroy
SuperAntiSpyware.
MalwareBytes
HijackThis!

Using all four of the above programs is usually enough to thoroughly clean a PC from my experience. For hijackthis, I just copy and paste the log file into this website to learn which setting I can keep and which I should remove:
www.hijackthis.de

I usually run the following scans to rid most of what I have:

Lavasoft Adaware
Super Antispyware
AVG virus scan

I got some spyware on my computer and downloaded spybot to get rid of it but the problem is still there. I keep getting popups every 20 seconds to download a program called Spyware Guard 2008. Can someone recommend me a good spyware removal program that has worked for u?
Spybot is all you need. Are you using tea timer?

Teatimer is seriously ftw in every single fathomable way. If you know how to use it, there's nothing you can't clean with spy bot as long as it detects it.

Essentially what you need to do is enable teatimer under tools/resident shield. Reboot your machine. Do nothing else but run spybot. Clean everything it finds. If teatimer warning ask you to delete entires, allow them. If any entries try to add, only allow entires being added by spybot. Anything else is usually the malware trying to reinstall itself when it's being deleted. You have to make sure your not doing anything else during this process or it's going to add a whole lot of yes/no's that are unnecessary. Once you reboot a few times and are comfortable that the spyware is gone, disable teatimer (becuase it's kinda annoying).

Most spyware scanners can't delete certain things because they are reinstalling themselves. Teatimer fixes this.

Keep in mind there is a new string of malware that messes up windows update and disk defragger. Once cleaned, you have to make sure windows update service, dcom, Background Intelligence Transfer Service (bits), and error reporting are turned back to automatic and restarted.

next time you run what you run, update teh software then disconnect yourself from the net, actually unplug the network cable. Then run the software.

It's just one of the Rogue antivirus products.....they go by many names.

Do a search of the forums, you'll see several posts per week about these...we come acros PCs infected with them al the time.

What we use to clean
AntiVir boot CD
NOD32
MalwareBytes
SuperAntispyware
CCleaner (run first)
Disable system restore before you start cleaning

SDFix.exe or Combofix.exe on some super heavily infested rigs....haven't had to use them in a while though, SuperAntispyware and MalwareBytes are very good at it.

If you have to use 2 or 3 anti-spyware programs to get rid of an infection... I think it's time for a reformat.

You never know what's been going on in there...

I have always used Adaware and Spybot which both have free versions.

Back