• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help with mobo.

MoBsTa

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
241
ABIT AW9D-MAX LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard This is my mobo.

I am getting a new computer and i was looking at this mother board : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127011#spec


1. The first question i had was that when you look on the pictures at Newegg.com by clicking the image of the motehrboard, the last picture that shows the box of the motehrboard, says that you can run cross fire with this motehrboard. They also show in a picture that there is a SLI bridge connector that comes with the motherboard. I was wondering if i got 2 Nvidia graphics cards that can run SLI would i be able to run it in SLI even though it doesnt show the SLI symbol.

2. The second question that i have is if i woudl be able to use my previous processor. The processor that i have right now is Pentium 4 HT 3.00 G , but if you go to the page with my motherboard and click the yellow tab to SPECIFICATIONS and look under CPU Type it says Core 2 Extreme/ Core 2 Duo, Pentium EE/ Pentium . I was wondering if the Processor would work for my computer.





Thanks and please reply!
 
Since Nvida doe not "offically" support SLI on Intel chipsets you would have to try to use "hacked" drivers, its iffy if it would work well,

Yes I am fairly certain (98%) your cpu would work, it is the proper socket type and it just falls under the Pentium class.

so,
SLI maybe and maybe not the newest Nvidea cards. And loads of trouble as it is a non-supported configuration, you would mainly be on your own. google "hacked SLI driver"

CPU yes.


Intel recently got an SLI license from Nvidia, There is still some debate bout X38 doing SLI but the launch day is rapidly approaching (September ) and we should find out then and maybe before, rumors tend to say it will have SLI offiicial support.
 
I wouldn't buy that board for SLI support. While it is true that hacked drivers can work on it, you're stuck with essentially old drivers and no 8XXX series support.

If you want to go SLI on a budget, I'd look at the 650i SLI board. I believe Abit makes one of those in the Fatality line if you like Abit.

While the AW9 is a great board, I think the price isn't reflective of the fact that the new X38 chipset is on the horizon and the P35 is already out. I'd probably get the Abit IP35 Pro over the AW9D if I were buying a board today.
 
Back
Top