need help with air flow

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
289
silverston-tj-09-s-4.jpg

Is this right? Also I can fit a fan between the hard drive cage but idk which way that air should flow. I'm really confused how to have this air flowing.:confused:
 
There is one problem with your diagram. The air that is drawn in the bottom will be exhausted out the back by the PSU. I wouldn't count on it for providing any significant air flow for inside the system.
 
how does the PSU face in the bottom of the case? in my friend's CM Stacker the 2nd PSU spot is right there also, but the fan side faces UP
 
There is one problem with your diagram. The air that is drawn in the bottom will be exhausted out the back by the PSU. I wouldn't count on it for providing any significant air flow for inside the system.

So more like this? Would this be fine cooling?
2.jpg
 
how does the PSU face in the bottom of the case? in my friend's CM Stacker the 2nd PSU spot is right there also, but the fan side faces UP

You can do it either way. I have mine draw from the bottom so it has direct access to cool air.
 
if it were me, I would put the fan between the hard drive cages blowing upwards: any HDDs in the bottom cage are already getting cooler air, and the extra flow can only help the HDDs in the upper cage. Other than the PSU question, you seem to have theflow mapped correctly.
 
if it were me, I would put the fan between the hard drive cages blowing upwards: any HDDs in the bottom cage are already getting cooler air, and the extra flow can only help the HDDs in the upper cage. Other than the PSU question, you seem to have theflow mapped correctly.

Thanks that makes sense
 
I've been trying to find a link for you - I'm sure you've seen the dinkly little SLOT COOLERs, some call them Cyclone Blowers... I guess depends on which direction they move air... Thermaltake made a nice improvement over all of those - it is a 2-slot solution fan, not just 1, and theirs was fairly big, so there is a nice sized fan with a decent amount of power to it, AND ... it had venting on the top and bottom, to pull hot air off of both of your SLI/CrossFire video cards, and shoot all that hot air out the back of your case. That has always seemed like a neat gig to me, and with the way your case is laid out, there isn't much in the way of MODs you can do to alter/improve the air-flow. Just a thought, but that little Th SLI exhaust fan would sure help - I will keep looking for it, when I run across it, I will post the link back here for you.
 
sure man - it looks like you've got 2 8800GTs or 9600GTs in there now, so it should slide right in there - since it does take 2 slots on the back. with the setup you've got, that extra cooling should come in handy - nice lookin rig! ;-)
 
Back
Top